The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

7 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

bUT I dON't MInD a lITle rAiN!!!!

The only liquid that will be hitting the ground will be beer and sweat by the looks of it.

9 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

Get some of the longer range models to agree and we could be cooking

Yup.  Not counting my chickens at all - a lot can, and will change in the next couple of weeks but initial signs are looking very tasty

The only day I wouldn’t want to be a scorcher is the Wednesday. 

Lots of queuing people at risk of dehydration and then moving all their heavy gear across site. If the sun can hold off until everyones got their tents up and first cans open I’d be happy. 

27 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

The only liquid that will be hitting the ground will be beer and sweat by the looks of it.

Yup.  Not counting my chickens at all - a lot can, and will change in the next couple of weeks but initial signs are looking very tasty

Gav’s vid earlier one of them weekly charts showing pressure (CFS v2 weekly) showed us in a high for festival week too.

Just now, chazwwe said:

Wednesday scorcher almost ruined me in 2019. Got stuck in a queue that just wasn't moving direct at 1pm. Ran out of water in the queue as did quite a few others. Was out of it for the rest of the day and most of Thursday morning. 

Well now you know how to prepare this time 👍🏼🌞

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, catavento said:

The thing of a dry build period might be about to go out of the window because the usually reliable YR are currently predicting an absolute deluge on Tuesday 13/Wednesday 14! Long way to go though and other places aren't seeing it that way yet.

Nothing more than anecdotal, but I've always found yr.no to be less likely to forecast extremes and be more reliable.  Used to know a park ranger in the Peaks who swore by it.  That rain forecast in the build up has me nervous as a long tailed cat in a rocking chair shop.

it's the ECMWF that's letting us down at the moment, and is presumably where Met and Beeb are taking their long range forecasts...

Latest run shows a biblical amount of rain between now and the 15th right over Pilton. Don't mind personally if it gets it out of the way... (Sorry build team 🐵)

precip.webp.c8430007c9cf92926d39ccdd1fb6b5be.webp

Edited by Alvoram