The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Not dismissing anything...

BUT....

Three weeks ago the end of May was going to be a washout, and it didn't rain at all.

Thus, I will stand by TOO EARLY if the chart shows any rain.

The festival is in less than 3 weeks. 

Forecast is still sh*t.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I can't see myself wearing anything other than jogging bottoms, jumpers and a dressing gown at the moment. It's freeeeeezing in the East. Beginning of June and we've had the heating on and everyone I know is in the same position. Don't know where these warmer than average temperatures are?! Seriously, everyone near me still wearing coats. Keeps saying the temperature should be 17-18 but we're not getting past 13-14 and the wind makes it feel even colder!! Someone explain? It's got me so worried for camping in it, can't get warm at all!! Please tell me its warmer in the west?!! Never known a May/June like it, its rubbish!!!

Been feeling more like early March than early June in Norwich 😭

• Upvote 1

image.thumb.png.66a6947a5618cf4f7821ecba89aa65a9.png

I realise this is only the next 10 days but I'd take that for the Fest itself.  Ground will be like concrete for the site build which is A Good Thing (TM).  I'm trusting the Norwegians again this year.

BTW, I'm in West Yorks and it's 19C and sunny today with a light breeze.  Was cooler and cloudier yesterday, but been dry/warmish for the last 2-3 weeks really.  Lovely stuff.

3 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

image.thumb.png.66a6947a5618cf4f7821ecba89aa65a9.png

I realise this is only the next 10 days but I'd take that for the Fest itself.  Ground will be like concrete for the site build which is A Good Thing (TM).  I'm trusting the Norwegians again this year.

BTW, I'm in West Yorks and it's 19C and sunny today with a light breeze.  Was cooler and cloudier yesterday, but been dry/warmish for the last 2-3 weeks really.  Lovely stuff.

It's all gonna go tits up isn't it?

1 minute ago, Colorblindjames said:

It's all gonna go tits up isn't it?

Nope.  Remember the Azores Finger!  Remember the Pilton Forcefield!  Keep the Faith. 🤛

22 minutes ago, Littlechef87 said:

Been feeling more like early March than early June in Norwich 😭

The North Sea wind has been an absolute bitch. If you're in the west or the south west you'd never know!

Even in London we aren't getting warm mornings cos of it.

Met Office:

Saturday 17 Jun - Saturday 1 Jul

High pressure is likely to become less dominant with time, especially in the south with low pressure likely to approach from the near Continent. Northern areas may hang on to the largely dry conditions, but southern areas will see an increased risk of occasional heavy rain or thunderstorms from time to time. Any changes will be slow though, and there will still be plenty of dry and warm, sunny weather between any rain or thunderstorms, with temperatures widely above average, perhaps significantly so.

4 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

Met Office:

High pressure is likely to become less dominant with time, especially in the south with low pressure likely to approach from the near Continent. Northern areas may hang on to the largely dry conditions, but southern areas will see an increased risk of occasional heavy rain or thunderstorms from time to time. Any changes will be slow though, and there will still be plenty of dry and warm, sunny weather between any rain or thunderstorms, with temperatures widely above average, perhaps significantly so.

TAPS OFF. Waterproof on. TAPS OFF. Waterproof on.

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Need that big high on the North Atlantic to hulk out and boot f**k out of that Scandinavian low.

Aye, get it tae f**k, give it malky, a real total scheme booting, stick the heid oan it, batter it senseless, hangings too good for it, it needs a right kick up the arse.

and here ends the weather forecast

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I always wear shorts at festivals, whatever the weather 

April onwards for me … although this year a delay till may . Totally makes sense to wear them at a festival though . I remember I used to wear waterproof trousers when it rained … daft idea that 🙂 definately shorts all the way now 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

April onwards for me … although this year a delay till may . Totally makes sense to wear them at a festival though . I remember I used to wear waterproof trousers when it rained … daft idea that 🙂 definately shorts all the way now 

The last time I did waterproof trousers was in 2011 on the Friday night for Primal Scream…they got caked in sloppy mud and weighed a ton to drag around the SEC afterwards.

Binned them and just worn shorts ever since. 

2 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I can't see myself wearing anything other than jogging bottoms, jumpers and a dressing gown at the moment. It's freeeeeezing in the East. Beginning of June and we've had the heating on and everyone I know is in the same position. Don't know where these warmer than average temperatures are?! Seriously, everyone near me still wearing coats. Keeps saying the temperature should be 17-18 but we're not getting past 13-14 and the wind makes it feel even colder!! Someone explain? It's got me so worried for camping in it, can't get warm at all!! Please tell me its warmer in the west?!! Never known a May/June like it, its rubbish!!!

tell me about it.... cambs is flat as your hat with nothing to stop the wind once its left you... flipping freezing. (I have started packing jumpers in the caravan)

conversely, Bearded Theory last weekend (Sth Derbyshire) was glorious.. 20-22 all weekend. I would take that for Glastonbury!

This thread and the build-up really wouldn't be the same without the threat of rain. I successfully predicted the weather last year so this year I'm predicting a few more small showers spread out over the 5 days (slightly heavier than the rain on Friday last year, possibly a few in the night) but nothing that will get us trainer-wearers out of our trainers and blue skies the rest of the time. 

1 hour ago, PolygonWindow said:

Met Office:

Picturing a lot of people at the festival with damp hair, sweating with waterproofs tied around their waists.