The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

5 minutes ago, andymk said:

The wettest I've ever been at Glastonbury is watching U2 on the Friday in 2011, the rain was absolutely torrential.

Saturday into Sunday was great though, the Sun came out during Elbow and then for Coldplay it was glorious. By Sunday I was walking round in trainers for the first time that weekend.

I agree with this! 2011 was my first year and remember getting drenched during u2 and feeling pretty miserable! Also remember queing for hours on the wed morning at gate A in the pissing rain too.

Then Sunday being looovely and the feeling of finally being able to take my wellies off. Definitely was a mixed bag year!

26 minutes ago, andymk said:

The wettest I've ever been at Glastonbury is watching U2 on the Friday in 2011, the rain was absolutely torrential.

Saturday into Sunday was great though, the Sun came out during Elbow and then for Coldplay it was glorious. By Sunday I was walking round in trainers for the first time that weekend.

I didn't even remember it raining at U2 till I read the gig review in the guardian. 😆

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JA_Watts said:

This looks quite similar to 2014 which I'd probably take. Bar the Friday storm it were easy.

I'd take this. The Wednesday is nothing, early morning drizzle, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday all good, one possible poor day on the Friday, realistically it's as good as we can hope for after all the recent scary forecasts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry3 said:

Still doesnt seem like we're going to get either a heatwave or a mudbath and the temperatures wont be above 25c

Sounds perfect to me.

It absloutely still can go to both of those extremes.

A heatwave is more likely than mudbath at this stage though, it just depends on what happens with the proposed finger.

Edited by briddj

45 minutes ago, andymk said:

I remember that Saturday night I was moaning, thinking about how I was too old for this shite, and maybe this will be my last one, then the Sunday - oh my god - what a day, one of the best glasto days I’ve ever had, & completely reset my love for festival!!

21 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I didn't even remember it raining at U2 till I read the gig review in the guardian. 😆

I remember it well. Part way through I decided my hat wasn't cutting it so pulled up my hood. Unfortunately it had filled with rain, which all went down my back. Oh, how I laughed.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, briddj said:

It absloutely still can go to both of those extremes.

A heatwave is more likely than mudbath at this stage though, it just depends on what happens with the proposed finger.

Shut up you 😡

2 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

I wouldn't go that far.  Monday before gates open is awful and tuesday has a few showers about but after that it's looking alright

Into the weekend and the fingering is bugling over the hill to the rescue! Saturday now totally dry

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch