Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

3 minutes ago, gingerevans84 said:

I went both weekends last year, and the massive queues was only very evident on day 1 of weekend 1. By day 3, no queues at any bar.

This exactly. Unfortunately i've got so many friends that refuse to come to Primavera, because theyre judging it all based on people's day one reports.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not a terrible lineup by any means, and there's plenty I'd like to see. But perhaps lacking something really, really essential. Unwound might be the closest thing to that, seeing they're probably not gonna hit my part of the world. Ever. Delgados too. Besides that, I've already seen a lot of the other stuff I'm interested in, so I'm gonna pass on this one. My girlfriend and my gang aren't particularly overjoyed with the lineup either, which makes it easier to miss out.

But goddamn, it's Barcelona in the early Summer. I'll definitely miss that.

4 hours ago, kitkat129 said:

Underwhelming line up, I'm trying to study the undercard to find some hidden gems but at the moment I feel like I should not have bought the ticket before the line up release, there are not nearly enough interesting names for me that would justify spending hundreds of euros on travel + accomodation 😞

I felt slightly disappointed at first when the 2019 line up came out but I slowly warmed up to that one because there were some artists I was really excited to see, it also felt fresh and different from other festivals, unfortunately that's not something I can say about the 2023 line up... It's possible that many artists will not be touring next year and this is the best they could come up with, but some of these names I would expect to see at Sziget and not Primavera (Halsey, Calvin Harris, Skrillex, Maneskin 😕).

It's also bothering me a bit that there are too many repeats from the 2019 and 2022 line ups, it doesn't feel as fresh, forward-thinking and well-curated as the previous editions, or at least that's how I feel at the moment (I'm afraid I'll skip this edition and will try selling my ticket). I really wonder how this will sell, Depeche Mode and Kendrick are huge names, but I just don't see people buying a ticket because of Halsey or Calvin Harris (or maybe I'm out of touch with reality here)

I feel you.

I'm pretty close to Sziget, Ultra Music even closer and Calvin Harris, Skrillex are huge waster for me. Tbh, I expected Björk, Men I Trust and Panda Bear/ Sonic Boom. 

Keepin my ticket, but my situation will be insecure until the last stop cuz of my job. I think it's the last time I've bought early bird ticket and in the future will study BKS more, think this festival is still ''old'' Primavera.

Edit. I doubt that this edition will ended as sold out, maybe Barcelona, but Madrid no way.

Edited by Festcrazy

8 hours ago, brosch said:

I have the same “problem”, Rosalía will be a very, very different show tho - I’m looking very much forward to see her again. 

Bigger problem for me are these average bookings like Bad Religion and Maneskin - those are really unusual, thats like any other festival

Still more than enough to look forward to aside from this of course. I’m listening to Mora right now - super Reggaeton 

I feel it's somewhat unfair on Bad Religion to call them an 'average booking'. They're one of the pioneers of SoCal punk and are very much a heritage act with a big Spanish fanbase (They sold out Poble Espanyol in their own right a few weeks before Primavera this year). I see them in the same bracket as Dinosaur Jr, Napalm Death and The Descendents who all got booked in recent years.

If anything, I think they tie in more with the festivals original booking policy of going for well established bands from alternative genres.

11 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Daft question on lineup launch day but do we reckon this'll be all the big names we get? Or are there usually a few more?

Doubtful, apart from secret sets and replacements for any cancellations that might happen. Although that's not concrete, like The Smile got added in late January for this year 

1 hour ago, Familiar2billions said:

I feel it's somewhat unfair on Bad Religion to call them an 'average booking'. They're one of the pioneers of SoCal punk and are very much a heritage act with a big Spanish fanbase (They sold out Poble Espanyol in their own right a few weeks before Primavera this year). I see them in the same bracket as Dinosaur Jr, Napalm Death and The Descendents who all got booked in recent years.

If anything, I think they tie in more with the festivals original booking policy of going for well established bands from alternative genres.

They surely are pioneers, I’ve seen them a few times, and if they had not played for a decade or two - fine. But they’ve been playing every festival in Europe for ages now

8 hours ago, Familiar2billions said:

100% agree with this. Pioneers of a genre, one of the names that immediately stood out for me

6 hours ago, brosch said:

They surely are pioneers, I’ve seen them a few times, and if they had not played for a decade or two - fine. But they’ve been playing every festival in Europe for ages now

They dont play festivals in the UK generally. They tour in medium sized venues, when they tour every 3-4 years pre pandemic. They arent *that* easy to see over here.

Edited by Memory Man

21 minutes ago, ibo said:

That’s where Julie Holter played a few years ago indeed. 
hopefully she’ll be back in the auditori

Julia Holter just premiered THIS! I really hope she can bring this experience to the Auditorium...it would be PERFECT!

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/nov/24/julia-holter-the-passion-of-joan-of-arc-review-town-hall-huddersfield

I’m 38 years old. I listen to a LOT of music and am a festival regular since age 16. 

I don’t know who most of these bands are. 

I have an early bird and will go for the laugh , moreso the piss up in Barcelona . 

Can easily just see myself going down to Parc del forum late each day to see Blur and Kendrick , Depeche Mode and spending the rest of my time in the city.

Not a patch on last years lineup imo.

16 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I’m 38 years old. I listen to a LOT of music and am a festival regular since age 16. 

I don’t know who most of these bands are. 

I have an early bird and will go for the laugh , moreso the piss up in Barcelona . 

Can easily just see myself going down to Parc del forum late each day to see Blur and Kendrick , Depeche Mode and spending the rest of my time in the city.

Not a patch on last years lineup imo.

Well, that's the perfect opportunity to discover new music. It's kinda strange to attend Primavera just for headliners, but it's your choice! If you want some tips, please tell me what kind of music/bands you like.   

• Upvote 2