Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

Just now, Field Commander Jefferson said:

I've rewatched again and that is utter dogshit. What happened to this being a left field/alternative festival.

Is it new bookers or something, absolute joke line up and no different to the commercial shit mainstream festivals that are two a penny in Europe

One word: money

• Upvote 2

Just now, Field Commander Jefferson said:

yeah which is odd because they sold out easily last time right. The place was more packed than ever

It did, but it was still full to the rafters with corporate greed with crypto adverts and NFTs dotted around the site. Let's not forget the whole Primavera 'book' malarkey with people who kept their tickets.

After watching the video three times, my current feelings are excitement and happiness, so many great names I wanted to see on the line-up and so many more I didn't even expect. It also looks quite more expensive than last years - at least I got this feeling from the video (seeing the names on the poster may change my mind).

Edited by pipan

Agree that Skrillex and Calvin Harris are bizarre bookings by PS.

However the rest of that lineup is pretty excellent tbh. Four Tet, Built to Spill, Swans, Perfume, Self Esteem, Soul Glo, TWOD, Turnstile, John Cale, HudMo, Alex G, Boris, Twigs, Caroline Polachek, JPEGMAFIA, Kelela, Le Tigre, Alvvays.

Good but not great lineup IMO. Probably will give it a miss as doing my first Glastonbury this year, so it would have had to be incredible to tempt me.

Blur, Kendrick, and FKA twigs are pretty awesome headliners. Not sure about the Skrillex/Calvin Harris bookings.....

I forgot Be Your Own Pet are playing shows again, but now I am desperately hoping they do a UK date!! Will be hard saying no to Turnstile, Karate, Come, and Kelela as well.

1 minute ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Inflation or not, 325 euros is very steep for that lineup.

I don't think it is. Kendrick was €110 alone for his tour, Rosalia is selling out all over Europe, Depeche Mode is a festival exclusive, the Blur Wembley show is over €100. Yeah Calvin Harris and Skrillex are odd bookings, but it's still a solidly Primavera line up outside of a few acts who they are obviously under pressure to book to increase ticket sales and profits.