Slam Dunk Festival 2023

56 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

Interesting, think that'll be where Neck Deep played last year? They feel a bit big for the Deaf Havana stage from last year? If so the three "main" headliners would be The Offspring, Enter Shikari and Creeper? 

Creeper aren't the 3rd headliner, no chance. They only subbed Trees. I'd be almost sure they are a Key Club headliner like Deaf Heaven.

14 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Surely they'll have a stage run of Zebrahead > Less than Jake > Bowling for Soup > Billy Talent > The Offspring 

I think Billy Talent will sub Enter Shikari. I can't work out why Bowling For Soup are so high, I thought they weren't touring any more. But anyway yes, I reckon FYS, LTJ, BFS, New Found Glory (TBA) and The Offspring.

Edited by thewayiam

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

I have no idea how the stages/lineup runs as this will be my first but that'd be a brilliant run!

They normally run the stages in such a way so they all fit a similar crowd/vibe/genre and while it isn't always set I highly doubt they'll clash BFS with The Offspring.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Creeper aren't the 3rd headliner, no chance. They only subbed Trees. I'd be almost sure they are a Key Club headliner like Deaf Heaven.

I think Billy Talent will sub Enter Shikari. I can't work out why Bowling For Soup are so high, I thought they weren't touring any more. But anyway yes, I reckon FYS, LTJ, BFS, New Found Glory (TBA) and The Offspring.

Billy Talent could go either way but they were due to sub Sum 41 in 2020 so I just reckon that them under Offspring is more likely and BFS have retired from touring the UK several times now I swear. FYS probably wont play with them lot. They're more likely to be on what stage Neck Deep, TSSF and The Wonder Years were on this year.

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

They normally run the stages in such a way so they all fit a similar crowd/vibe/genre and while it isn't always set I highly doubt they'll clash BFS with The Offspring.

Billy Talent could go either way but they were due to sub Sum 41 in 2020 so I just reckon that them under Offspring is more likely and BFS have retired from touring the UK several times now I swear. FYS probably wont play with them lot. They're more likely to be on what stage Neck Deep, TSSF and The Wonder Years were on this year.

I don't think just under, Billy Talent aren't really big enough to sub

22 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

I thought so too, just that's a very strong booking for the Key Club! Fair play to them

To be fair, Creeper didn't exactly sell tickets to their own tour befoee Trees with ease. I'm not bothered to see them again so a clash with Offspring is fine. I don't see loads of crossover at all there either.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

To be fair, Creeper didn't exactly sell tickets to their own tour befoee Trees with ease. I'm not bothered to see them again so a clash with Offspring is fine. I don't see loads of crossover at all there either.

Very true, I think they have been at festivals a lot recently too so an easy skip for me unless there's nothing else I want on

Ticket prices for everything are very high now. With the rising bar and food prices at these events and the fact you’re there all day it’s starting to look like every day festival is a £200-250 expense and that’s if you’re only paying for 1

I’ve said it on the forum before and I’ll probably say it again but I used to attend all gigs and day festivals if there were a few bands I would like to see 3-5 years ago. Now I’m pretty selective

6 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

Wtf, they were £44 in 2017.

Outbreak & 2000 trees are just above £100 for a weekend of music.

It's a lot but a day ticket to Trees this year was almost £65 and that's definitely the most overpriced day ticket for me at the minute. The only consolation is take your own alcohol but you also need to find a way around that transport wise.  I got lucky this year and waited to pick up a late ticket.

11 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Just sold out the roundhouse all bar a few random seated tickets pretty sharpish though. And them "only subbing Trees" isn't exactly anything to base it on either as so did Neck Deep. I agree I don't think they'll headline, I think 3rd on main probably 

22 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

By last year's poster, and some very rudimentary mathematics, think that will be clashes for Enter Shikari, Billy Talent and Bowling for Soup, with the latter playing underneath The Offspring's outright headline set (a la The Dropkick Murphys beneath Sum 41 this year).

Reckon Kids in Glass Houses might play under those two, have the slot around 6pm.

That would be my ideal situation as long as Academy are separate 

2 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Just sold out the roundhouse all bar a few random seated tickets pretty sharpish though. And them "only subbing Trees" isn't exactly anything to base it on either as so did Neck Deep. I agree I don't think they'll headline, I think 3rd on main probably 

They have confirmed they’re headlining a stage.