Doja Cat cancels

FloorFiller

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Diff situation now. It was apparently The Park, this is back on The Pyramid. Does she really want to say no to saving the day yet again?

Whether it’s actually gonna happen is another matter entirely, but I’m sure she’d much rather be brought in on her own merit as a first choice rather than as a replacement for Doja Cat. 

Tbh, if they manage to get a replacement I kind of hope they just list them as ‘special guest’ like in 2015 as that makes things far more exciting.

36 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Whether it’s actually gonna happen is another matter entirely, but I’m sure she’d much rather be brought in on her own merit as a first choice rather than as a replacement for Doja Cat. 

Tbh, if they manage to get a replacement I kind of hope they just list them as ‘special guest’ like in 2015 as that makes things far more exciting.

Yeah, but its not as if somebody wont find out who it is beforehand. And considering its the Pyramid, you arent risking anyones safety by giving it away early on unless it was Adele or The Stones. I think if they go TBA it just buys time and they can drop it in next month when somebody is finalized. And the TBA also raises expectations as to who it is. 

With the info earlier that the full lineup drop has been moved from tomorrow to next week due to Doja cancelling, you'd imagine that means they're booking somebody else. Honestly I can't look past Harry Styles at this point if so.

If this is a TBA sub slot, like The Libertines was, it's a slightly bigger deal than a regular sub, no? That's how my head sees it, anyway.

It seems like Harry and his team want to play at Glasto from the rumours earlier in the year, and a 'secret set' from him would make him one of the biggest headline-grabbing sets of the weekend. You'd imagine his set may well be the most talked about of the weekend outside of the "glasto bubble"

Have we at any point discussed (concerning Doja replacement, TBA slot in general or a potential missing other stage headliner) that LCD Soundsystem are in Brixton the week after Glastonbury?

they’ve just added the Monday and Tuesday, but free the whole G weekend…

14 minutes ago, wilem said:

Have we at any point discussed (concerning Doja replacement, TBA slot in general or a potential missing other stage headliner) that LCD Soundsystem are in Brixton the week after Glastonbury?

they’ve just added the Monday and Tuesday, but free the whole G weekend…

Subbing the Pyramid?

12 hours ago, K2SO said:

With the info earlier that the full lineup drop has been moved from tomorrow to next week due to Doja cancelling, you'd imagine that means they're booking somebody else. Honestly I can't look past Harry Styles at this point if so.

If this is a TBA sub slot, like The Libertines was, it's a slightly bigger deal than a regular sub, no? That's how my head sees it, anyway.

It seems like Harry and his team want to play at Glasto from the rumours earlier in the year, and a 'secret set' from him would make him one of the biggest headline-grabbing sets of the weekend. You'd imagine his set may well be the most talked about of the weekend outside of the "glasto bubble"

Well yeah, cause everyones gonna try to watch the stream and such from everywhere else around the world.

For all we know Harry mightve been there already and then its a scramble to shuffle some slots around now. they could still just add another name and Harry gets a sub slot now instead of something else. We wont know til the poster is out. They could still keep it TBA next week and give themselves another week to make sure theyre getting the right act. They have time on their side for once.

5 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Chvrches in with a bit of upwards shuffling of others e.g. O-Rod, Fender?

Chvrches are busy in the states over Glasto weekend I believe? Can't remember the specifics but they're not around. 

12 minutes ago, oakdown said:

Chvrches are busy in the states over Glasto weekend I believe? Can't remember the specifics but they're not around. 

I think Lauren posted somewhere about booking a hotel in NYC that weekend, but since then they've been announced to play Roskilde on 1st July (along with Mad Cool on the 6th). The last US tour date before that is 18th June, so I think they're back in with a shout (just use free cancellation on booking.com, yeah?)

10 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

And now we're hearing Fender is bumped up to sub Billie, that leaves a Chvrches / Everything Everything shaped hole on the Other Stage.

Third down other on Sunday could go to anyone tbh. Even a TBA if they wanted. If it is right after Diana it could be something big.

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Maybe that TBA has been moved to the other?

So then theres a double re shuffle at the least. But according to the people who think this is the easiest thing in the world and is not stressful at all that it was part of the whole plan.

Edited by Suprefan

If there’s a secret slot in the JP or Park then I’m sure that’ll remain the case rather than them being moved to Other; I’m sure there’s no shortage of indie fodder type acts they could call in to fill in a third down Other slot if Fender has moved.

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If there’s a secret slot in the JP or Park then I’m sure that’ll remain the case rather than them being moved to Other; I’m sure there’s no shortage of indie fodder type acts they could call in to fill in a third down Other slot if Fender has moved.

I think Idles were 4th other stage.  Can easily move them up and fill further down.  Plenty of acts would be happy to play a 2nd set.  See any of the Williams Green bands, Jamie Webster on Leftfield etc…

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

At this point yeah, but nature of shows at the moment is stuff is cancelled because of illness/positive covid tests. I can see some of those TBAs being booked on a flexible basis for if acts drop out within a few days/weeks of the fest.