Doja Cat cancels

FloorFiller

40 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Most likely (occam’s razor) possibility 

Sam Fender moved to sub, Sunday other stage reorganised.

People they could draft in (who are free that date - not ranked on likeliness)

Harry Styles
Dua Lipa
Dave
A$AP Rocky (wireless weekend after)
Tyler the Creator (wireless weekend after)
Florence + The Machine
Stormzy

Rock acts they could pick if they decide not to substitute with something similar 

Royal Blood
Jack White

Jorja Smith can’t do it - has a gig on the Friday. Thought that might be an interesting one to draft in. Shame.

I really can't see that Sam Fender isn't already a pyramid sub. The way that Elbow quote reads is open to interpretation. Each time I read it I feel like it is just confirming the day and stage not the position. 

But I do think they will take the easiest option and that is wolf Alice step up. 

I think in reality promoters/agents will be volunteering replacements. They've probably got a contingency plan in place and are now just deciding whether to stick to the plan or take one of the options that's been presented.  Honestly, I think they'll rejig the existing acts, bump one up and maybe bring someone else in lower down. Just seems the logical thing IMO.

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Most likely (occam’s razor) possibility 

Sam Fender moved to sub, Sunday other stage reorganised.

People they could draft in (who are free that date - not ranked on likeliness)

Harry Styles
Dua Lipa
Dave
A$AP Rocky (wireless weekend after)
Tyler the Creator (wireless weekend after)
Florence + The Machine
Stormzy

Rock acts they could pick if they decide not to substitute with something similar 

Royal Blood
Jack White

Jorja Smith can’t do it - has a gig on the Friday. Thought that might be an interesting one to draft in. Shame.

😂😂 Occam’s razor aside, if you have enough guesses one of them might be right! Blind squirrel theory

On 5/22/2022 at 7:03 AM, gigpusher said:

If they are stressed it will just be part and parcel of the normal stresses and strains of running a festival. I would say because of COVID they are probably more prepared for this than ever. I am sure they have plenty of backup plans ready to go. If they said TBA on that slot for a while nobody would mind. I suspect plenty of acts are playing lower down than expected and would be able to change. 

With thousands of acts on the bill they will expect a couple of cancellations like this every year. 

Yeah I think they're likely to have something in place. Positive COVID tests among performers/crew are hitting a lot of tours. I'd expect to lose at least 3 acts from that initial poster by the time of the festival. I'd imagine they have a few acts on reserve - though maybe not at the level people are suggesting here.

40 minutes ago, rgalbraith said:

I know Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Glastonbury fell out ages ago but would love to see them bury the hatchet and come in to replace Doja... They are in UK during the festival and have that Friday night free!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that they wont replace a top tier female with men with guitars.  

On 5/21/2022 at 11:33 AM, thewayiam said:

I can't see that Fender was as low as 3rd Other in the end but I see it being Wolf Alice bumped up if they were 3rd and Fender slotting into the 3rd place.

I think wolf alice will headline the other stage so they can’t be bumped up 

33 minutes ago, Bagger said:

I think wolf alice will headline the other stage so they can’t be bumped up 

I am slowly coming round to this being a possibility. Mainly due to the lack of other options. The only other ones are Lorde and Megan thee Stallion. Megan thee stallion makes the most sense but I also don't see her being big enough, and we've had info about her playing Pyramid.

Wolf Alice were booked for the Other stage in 2020 and it's possible they've been bumped up to headline after their new album. They make more sense up against Macca than Lorde and their new material suits the dark more than Lorde's.

29 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m thinking Dave or Florence tbh if there is a replacement.

Then again - you just don’t know who has contacted Glastonbury in the past few months with interest in playing again. 

No good reason Dave would do it when he can headline next year. 

And there’s been info Florence turned down a secret set as she only sees herself as a headliner these days. 

6 minutes ago, nikkic said:

No good reason Dave would do it when he can headline next year. 

And there’s been info Florence turned down a secret set as she only sees herself as a headliner these days. 

Diff situation now. It was apparently The Park, this is back on The Pyramid. Does she really want to say no to saving the day yet again?