Wednesday/Thursday Entertainment

TheGChild

Wednesday I tend to mill around, eat some great food, take in the sights and just have a bit of an explore. I will watch the opening ceremony, then we tend to head to the South East Corner, to just sit, have a few drinks and take it all in. 

Thursday is probably my favourite day. I inevitably end up in Williams Green and the Croissant Neuf for the majority of the day and evening. 

Edited by vintagelaureate

There's plenty going on both days in the Green Futures, Croissant Neuf, Greenpeace area. I always spend a few hours there on the Thursday. One of my best fun experiences was the lady playing classic sing-along songs on her piano, big crowd gathered, it was great fun (Is she still around?)

Lekiddo Lord of the Lobsters tends to be about on the Thursday and as others have mentioned Mik Artistik Wednesday afternoon on the Croissant Neuf bandstand, other than that just have an explore and watch some random things whilst soaking up the vibes.

In 2019 Soup from Jurassic 5 and his wee funk band were playing on the Thursday in the Bread and Roses, there really are some gems to be found on the first couple of days.

9 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

Wednesdays are for eating as many Theatre and Circus Field crumpets as humanly possible.  Sometimes with Wheel of Four Tunes on in the background.

I wonder if Wheel of Four Tunes will be back this year?

They took a break in 2019...

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

Mik Artistik is usually on at least on the croissant neuf bandstand wednesday and rocket lounge thursday. Will probably have a 2nd or even a third gig on thursday too. 

this year im going to think about the parts of the site i wont get to on the fri-sun eg green fields and spend a bit of time there. Its a shame theatre and circus dont really open till friday.

I was going to say Rocket Lounge. 

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

I hope they bin off the fireworks this year. 

Light show this year, innit? Surely. 

18 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Will Elvana likely be there again? Looked a right laugh but missed both of his sets.

Going by tour dates I'd say it's odds on. They have a run from 17-20 June, then they are in Exeter on Glasto Friday. Being that close I expect them to pop up on the farm at some point. Maybe on Thursday or on The Saturday/Sunday - maybe even both. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I was going to say Rocket Lounge. 

Light show this year, innit? Surely. 

Going by tour dates I'd say it's odds on. They have a run from 17-20 June, then they are in Exeter on Glasto Friday. Being that close I expect them to pop up on the farm at some point. Maybe on Thursday or on The Saturday/Sunday - maybe even both. 

Wicked.

26 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Will Elvana likely be there again? Looked a right laugh but missed both of his sets.

I think they were on the poster Williams Green released showing what would have been on in 2020, so probably.

Not 100% sure on that but I’m sure someone will be able to correct me if I’m wrong.

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

I think they were on the poster Williams Green released showing what would have been on in 2020, so probably.

Not 100% sure on that but I’m sure someone will be able to correct me if I’m wrong.

That's what I think I remember too.