2023 legend slot

ProperTea

37 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I wasn't sadly, the one that stands out to me is North Mississippi Allstars in Avalon while Dolly was on. Not too empty, but more than enough room for them to wander round the crowd playing various drums.

It filled up as the gig went on.

P1050618.thumb.JPG.39c58ba2ed9656ba665b4ef0a4c6bf3b.JPG

Oh yes, I was at that too - fantastic gig! Hope they come back some day. Saw them at Lafayette last year, but the atmosphere at Glasto in the Avalon tent was better, with the band walking through the crowd and throwing their instruments to each other mid-song, just great.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Always thought Emeli Sande's Other crowd was tiny, it certainly felt tiny being there in the field, but looking bad it looks respectable...

image.thumb.png.a2c953e307cc40a4fed465c50560f335.png

I think a large portion of the background are possibly people making there way from the Killers in JP which had just finished.

25 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Mate of mine was at Calexico when they clashed with the Stones in 2013 and reckoned there was about 200 people there. We saw them a few days after in Berlin supporting Patti Smith and the venue was basically full.

I was at Calexico in 2013, and confirm there was not many at the Park at all.  They were great and gave it their all.  I do not regret my decision at all.

56 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Mate of mine was at Calexico when they clashed with the Stones in 2013 and reckoned there was about 200 people there. We saw them a few days after in Berlin supporting Patti Smith and the venue was basically full.

It was a bad clash for me, I’m a huge fan of Calexico. I’ve seen them a good number of times so it had to be the Stones that night. 

4 hours ago, buddiepaul said:

I was at Calexico in 2013, and confirm there was not many at the Park at all.  They were great and gave it their all.  I do not regret my decision at all.

Fair play to them for that. From that photo it does look very small indeed.

4 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It was a bad clash for me, I’m a huge fan of Calexico. I’ve seen them a good number of times so it had to be the Stones that night. 

I’ve seen them twice and they were superb. They would have been who I’d gone to if the Stones weren’t on.

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Any movement on this? I'm still looking at Duran Squared's Glasto-shaped chasm in their US tour 

What should be reliable info is pointing to it being Cat Stevens (with a suggestion of Blondie on before/after as a kind of ‘joint Sunday legend’).