2023 legend slot

ProperTea

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

Saw this list on FB, good list of potential Legends, but also brings home how little time we have left to see musicians from this generation 

051365A8-879C-4DE4-8CCB-BF57055D48C6.jpeg

Genuinely thought smokey died years ago 

Alice Cooper would be great but don't think he's big enough for legends, would love to see him

I also agree they should get Lionel back 

47 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Genuinely thought smokey died years ago 

Alice Cooper would be great but don't think he's big enough for legends, would love to see him

I also agree they should get Lionel back 

Was so brilliant at Cropredy a few years back (2012? 2013?). Would love to see Alice again.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Stevie Wonder only 72? Incredible. 61 years in the business (with immediate success) and nowhere near his 80s. 

That 2010 set should be revered a lot more. Up there with Bowie in 2000, no doubt. 

He'd easily be my top choice for the Legend slot. Watching him on the 'Summer of Soul' documentary....I never realised he's also amazing on the drums, as well as everything else! 2010 was fantastic.

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

He'd easily be my top choice for the Legend slot. Watching him on the 'Summer of Soul' documentary....I never realised he's also amazing on the drums, as well as everything else! 2010 was fantastic.

My favourite bit where where he used "magic" to make his voice higher... but we couldn't say that it was magic or the spell would be broken.

Am I remembering that correctly or was I absurdly high?

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Definitely well regarded - but not flawless given a couple of iffy setlist choices

Radio 6 playing ELO just now. The idea that they only have one tune beggars belief.

To say they have one tune is way off. To say that they have a 75 minute set of universally recognisable hits is equally so

28 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

My favourite bit where where he used "magic" to make his voice higher... but we couldn't say that it was magic or the spell would be broken.

Am I remembering that correctly or was I absurdly high?

no you're spot on.

it was at that point i'd had enough and left to go watch the end of orbital

19 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

ELO have one amazingly well know song, then about 5 songs most people would’ve heard and know, but not necessarily know it was by them. 

image.png.375ba0264e3a3ce269d46784ba4583d5.png

I disagree.  Their best of "All Over The World" is almost solid gold.  Outside of Horace Wimp and possibly Wild West Hero (which I still love BTW) there's no flab in it at all.  If I had to pick a top 10 from this, Mr Blue Sky wouldn't even be in it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

image.png.375ba0264e3a3ce269d46784ba4583d5.png

I disagree.  Their best of "All Over The World" is almost solid gold.  Outside of Horace Wimp and possibly Wild West Hero (which I still love BTW) there's no flab in it at all.  If I had to pick a top 10 from this, Mr Blue Sky wouldn't even be in it.

I’m just basing it on your average Joe on the street non-ELO fan, which is most of the pyramid field come sunday tea time.

Lets face it, if name an ELO song was a pointless question nobody would win with Mr Blue Sky.