Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

It's a tough one with Elbow (and I know that as a fan my view is somewhat clouded) but they are still a very big act. They play smaller venues now out of choice, they've said they'd rather do three or four nights at Apollo sized venues rather than one at an Arena. 

Ask the average person on the street who is bigger between Elbow and Lorde and I'm certain Elbow would come out on top. Now the average person on the street doesn't make up the Glastonbury crowd and they certainly don't make up the members of this forum but I could easily see Elbow (friends of the festival klaxon) as sub.

Really hope so

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

It's not a bad song, it's just the second worst on the album excluding FH, and I prefer Lift. So swapping it out would marginally improve the album for me.

Better that Subterranean Homesick Alien and The Tourist. Would happily replace Electioneering and one of them with Man of War and Lift.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Miyn said:

It's not a bad song, it's just the second worst on the album excluding FH, and I prefer Lift. So swapping it out would marginally improve the album for me.

🤯

Lucky is an exceptional track. That piercing Greenwood masterclass solo in the final section is quintessential RH brilliance.

It's pretty impossible to rank the tracks in order off that album. Electioneering clearly the poorest, FH doesn't count, I'd actually sneak SHA in next, and I don't hate it.

Top two of their all time albums for me personally, it's been my number one on-and-off over the years. Masterpiece.

The Gloaming should replace Electioneering like..

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

The only time I listen to songs individually is when they come out before the album release. The concept of an album being good because almost no songs have to be skipped is utterly bizarre to me. That would surely make a not great album.

If it's a band I really like, I sometimes avoid listening to tracks released before the album so I can experience it as a whole when it does come out.

20 hours ago, Mwk525 said:

Does anyone know why mcfly are listed as a strong rumour on ‘glasto fest Feed’? They seem like such a crazy booking but I bet they’d be good fun to watch.

From memory they gave an interview along the lines of “After years of waiting we were finally asked to play Glastonbury in 2020 but that obviously didn’t happen. We’re waiting/hoping for the call”.

Give the people what they want. Which is clearly McFlystonbury.

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

First Aid Kit are now in Halifax on Thursday, along with Bristol on the Sunday.

Does that make Saturday more likely? Or is it still up in the air?

Lots of acts do consecutive dates I don’t know where it’s come from on here that we are reluctant to predict a band will do 2 nights in a row?

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Lots of acts do consecutive dates I don’t know where it’s come from on here that we are reluctant to predict a band will do 2 nights in a row?

It would be two nights in a row either way, I think his point was playing Bristol the day after Glastonbury might be more likely due to less travelling. I think they’ll be early afternoon Saturday Pyramid.

Edited by kingcrawler

Just now, kingcrawler said:

It would be two nights in a row either way, I think his point was playing Bristol the day after Glastonbury might be more likely due to less travelling. I think they’ll be early afternoon Saturday Pyramid.

They were last time tbf so guessing a different stage this time. Wouldn’t surprise me if they were a Park Headliner

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

They were last time tbf so guessing a different stage this time. Wouldn’t surprise me if they were a Park Headliner

I think they’ve done it the last couple of times they’ve played but it just seems like a slot that suits them. Park headliner is a shout too but I feel like there’s more likely options for that.