Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

It's a tough one with Elbow (and I know that as a fan my view is somewhat clouded) but they are still a very big act. They play smaller venues now out of choice, they've said they'd rather do three or four nights at Apollo sized venues rather than one at an Arena. 

Ask the average person on the street who is bigger between Elbow and Lorde and I'm certain Elbow would come out on top. Now the average person on the street doesn't make up the Glastonbury crowd and they certainly don't make up the members of this forum but I could easily see Elbow (friends of the festival klaxon) as sub.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Fuck me that Lorde crowd is going to be really sparse.

Yup, I can't imagine much cross over between Elbow > Lorde and then Lorde > Kendrick, especially when a lot of the festival and younger 20s will be at Sam Fender. I love Lorde, saw her three times on the Melodrama tour (2 festivals, 1 gig) and I have very little interest other than its Sunday and its easy to park up and watch her before Kendrick. 

My plan will probably be D Ross, then get some more drinks and food for a sit down with Elbow and then stick back for Lorde and move my way in for Kendrick. 

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It's a tough one with Elbow (and I know that as a fan my view is somewhat clouded) but they are still a very big act. They play smaller venues now out of choice, they've said they'd rather do three or four nights at Apollo sized venues rather than one at an Arena. 

Ask the average person on the street who is bigger between Elbow and Lorde and I'm certain Elbow would come out on top. Now the average person on the street doesn't make up the Glastonbury crowd and they certainly don't make up the members of this forum but I could easily see Elbow (friends of the festival klaxon) as sub.

Its strange, Diana Ross > Elbow feels more Glastonbury to me, more people will stick around between the two, ala Kylie > Miley in 2019, but it also feels really 'meh' to me, as does Lorde as a sub headliner. I and a few others have said, if her album dropped in the same way Melodrama did, a big single and a few really cool tracks then I think we'd be looking at it a lot different. 

2 hours ago, Neil said:

quite possible i reckon his agent is well-in with the eavii.

I'd argue it seems unlikely there would be two solo guitar acts on at the same time with a Macca/Paolo clash? Not sure what other slot he would play in though - no idea how big he is

Sure hope (and I really do think it will be) Lorde subbing Kendrick rather than Elbow, ‘cause I ain’t watching fucking Elbow but would quite like to be right up front for Kendrick (not that it’ll be too hard to get a spot there anyway, I imagine…)

Lorde in for Lana makes heaps of sense, and Elbow were seemingly third last time on Kendrick day, so I think they’ve just done a switcheroo on that top 3. 

On 3/20/2022 at 1:17 PM, Mattymooz said:

From the event description: image.png.8d15504c5659a080ba7b24d487942bcc.png

just catching up and this actually reminds of the time Drake randomly performed in a shitty club in Leicester, tickets were like £15 in like 2019 

5 minutes ago, Haan said:

just catching up and this actually reminds of the time Drake randomly performed in a shitty club in Leicester, tickets were like £15 in like 2019 

If I was a global superstar this is exactly the kind of thing i'd do on the regular. Where I live theres a park with a small ampitheater that can fit maybe 500 seats and i'd do 1 off shows there, play in the local pubs etc

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Have you been to Glasto before?

Once I got home Monday afternoon from Glasto and woke up Wednesday morning. 

I did but only as a volunteer. I mean, i'm doing both weekends of Primavera, so surely a gig after Glasto isn't too bad? Get a coach early monday morning to Bristol > sleep > shower > eat > go to gig

It's foolproof.... right?

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

My worry if Elbow play after DiRo is getting into the field after she's finished, if can be carnage if you're not already there. I may be but I can see me being easily dragged away.

I do think Sammy Boy Fender will take a good chunk of the post Diana crowd. He’s got pretty broad appeal. Can see a few of the pyramid deck chair crew stretching their legs and heading for him.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I do think Sammy Boy Fender will take a good chunk of the post Diana crowd. He’s got pretty broad appeal. Can see a few of the pyramid deck chair crew stretching their legs and heading for him.

Which would make it difficult to get into the field.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah if that’s how it pans out it’ll be a mass exodus from the Pyramid straight to Other after Diana I reckon. Imagine he’ll get the biggest crowd the Other sees all weekend easily.

4 hours ago, sisco said:

That elbow date makes my mind up for the Sunday that its:

Kendrick, Lorde, Elbow, Diana Ross 

*….. and it’ll keep the locals happier 

That's woeful

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

So one of Doja or Wolf Alice subbing Billie and the other third down then?

Wolf Alice 3rd down would currently be perfect placing for them

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah if that’s how it pans out it’ll be a mass exodus from the Pyramid straight to Other after Diana I reckon. Imagine he’ll get the biggest crowd the Other sees all weekend easily.

Nah I think a lot of people will stay on after Diana for Elbow. Whilst I don’t think they are a sub, a lot of people will want their fix of throw those curtains wide.

Basically what I mean is there will be a crowd movement but not an exodus. 

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Nah I think a lot of people will stay on after Diana for Elbow. Whilst I don’t think they are a sub, a lot of people will want their fix of throw those curtains wide.

Basically what I mean is there will be a crowd movement but not an exodus. 

Obviously some people will stay for Elbow, but that Sam Fender crowd is gonna be absolutely rammed to the max and a proper ‘where you there?’ moment of the festival considering how big he’s gotten over the past couple of years. If you’re planning on going Diana to him I think it’d be wise of position yourself somewhere with a swift exit path to the Other field.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I'd argue it seems unlikely there would be two solo guitar acts on at the same time with a Macca/Paolo clash? Not sure what other slot he would play in though - no idea how big he is

i've just heard that nutini has a saturday slot booked in. not sure which stage