Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

13 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

You’re missing Damon Albarn’s Ukrainian Jamboree. 

Feel like Leon Bridges is probably Pyramid if he’s not headlining West Holts?

Also leaves you trying to fit in Burna Boy, Megan Thee Stallion, Years & Years, Wolf Alice, Glass Animals and Supergrass who could all potentially sub Other. Surely one or two of these have to be on the Pyramid.

Meant to quote @Matt42, having a brain melt.

Edited by Somto Unigwe Raphael

7 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Also leaves you trying to fit in Burna Boy, Megan Thee Stallion, Years & Years, Wolf Alice, Glass Animals and Supergrass who could all potentially sub Other. Surely one or two of these have to be on the Pyramid.

GA could quite easily be on Pyramid. I can see Supergrass over at The Park..... 

11 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Think Burna is probably the Saturday JP headliners, Glass Animals third down other. Can concede on Megan headlining but could also see her subbing.

Wolf Alice, Megan, Years & Years as other subs is what I’d stick.

Leon Bridges headlining WH on the Saturday. I think Bonobo may be returning to sub it again.

Currently got this. But could easily see Glass Animals sliding over to Other and Supergrass being dabbed down a spot.

Pyramid:
Billie Eilish / Wolf Alice / Elbow / Olivia Rodrigo / Kacey Musgraves / Crowded House / Rufus Wainwright / Ukrainian Choir

Paul McCartney / Noel Gallagher / HAIM / Glass Animals / Leon Bridges / Koffee / ??? / ???

Kendrick Lamar / Lorde / Megan Thee Stallion / Diana Ross / Sigrid / Herbie Hancock / ??? / Black Dyke Band

Other:
Foals / Supergrass

Doja Cat / Burna Boy

Pet Shop Boys / Years & Years

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

supergrasss we’re subbing the other stage.  I’d imagine they’re still top 3 there

I wouldn’t bet against Supergrass opening the Other. They certainly fit the profile.

They’re playing a festival in Majorca on the Saturday so I’m thinking an early set on Friday ahead of the flight to Spain that evening.

I’d just be really surprised if Megan was on the pyramid and Doja wasn’t. Doja‘s been on (and currently is) on a huge mainstage streak at the festivals she’s playing.

Look how much she nailed Lolla Argentina the other day. full rock band just like Miley. Whole crowd absolutely roaring. So loud that she has to compete with the crowd. She’s pyramid imo. 

Edited by Matt42

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I wouldn’t bet against Supergrass opening the Other. They certainly fit the profile.

They’re playing a festival in Majorca on the Saturday so I’m thinking an early set on Friday ahead of the flight to Spain that evening.

I’ve obviously not been keeping up but I thought them opening the other was pretty nailed on, it’s exactly the right kind of act to do it based on previous years and you get a massive crowd. I’ve see the other opener every year apart from the Chiefs and to be honest that was us being lazy and not getting out of the camp site in time more than my dislike of them 

4 minutes ago, Barneym said:

I’ve obviously not been keeping up but I thought them opening the other was pretty nailed on, it’s exactly the right kind of act to do it based on previous years and you get a massive crowd. I’ve see the other opener every year apart from the Chiefs and to be honest that was us being lazy and not getting out of the camp site in time more than my dislike of them 

Whilst they do fit that slot, they were booked in 2020 and weren’t doing it (think we were all set on Happy Mondays being the opener). It’s possible that they could’ve been moved into that slot for 2022 but equally I wouldn’t be surprised if they remained as an Other sub.

2 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Whilst they do fit that slot, they were booked in 2020 and weren’t doing it (think we were all set on Happy Mondays being the opener). It’s possible that they could’ve been moved into that slot for 2022 but equally I wouldn’t be surprised if they remained as an Other sub.

The Mondays were on the 2020 poster but missing from this year’s. Of course it’s possible they’re coming back and have just been left off the first drop.

Supergrass makes the most sense to me, both in terms of giving everyone an hour of nostalgia and great tunes and them being able to do a set then jet off.

5 minutes ago, Green Croc said:

Does this make Fontaines more likely to be on Sunday assuming they're still playing The Park? Fontaines vs PSB would be a rough clash for me

Fontaines could easily be on any of three separate stages on any day. Really hard to place at the moment.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So loud that she has to compete with the crowd.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Fucking hell Doja’s going to nail it. 

This looks just like the reaction to Miley’s set in 2019

Lol this is South America to be fair, which is a totally different ballgame for pop artists because music fans over there are absolutely rabidly obsessed. She'll get a decent and up for it crowd at Glastonbury but you know as well as I do it's not going to be anything like that sort of devotion.

Even Marina & The Diamonds who wouldn't trouble the upper echelons of Glastonbury got this sort of reaction. They just love US and UK pop music over there.

@jannybruck yes some Beyoncé South America crowds are absolutely ridiculous. She might as well not even sing they sing that loud.

Doja Cat is an interesting one though. An artist who broke out during lockdown. I must admit her music was the soundtrack to me and my mates summer lockdown 2020. We would listen to songs like say so and think how good they would sound at Glastonbury.

Full circle moment that she’s actually booked.

33 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’d just be really surprised if Megan was on the pyramid and Doja wasn’t. Doja‘s been on (and currently is) on a huge mainstage streak at the festivals she’s playing.

Look how much she nailed Lolla Argentina the other day. full rock band just like Miley. Whole crowd absolutely roaring. So loud that she has to compete with the crowd. She’s pyramid imo. 

Definitely Other stage Saturday material, would be a good replacement for Dua Lipa in 2020 and her subbed by Megan thee Stallion would be the perfect Macca alternative for all them Millennials and Gen Z'ers (me included)

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

Definitely Other stage Saturday material, would be a good replacement for Dua Lipa in 2020 and her subbed by Megan thee Stallion would be the perfect Macca alternative for all them Millennials and Gen Z'ers (me included)

Not for the ones with ears!

54 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Argentina is a different breed - the strokes sets at lollapaloozas in SA in 2018 come to mind. Huge crowds, way bigger than they'd get anywhere else chanting every single word.

Not a phone in sight as well!!

13 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I just can’t see it really. Feel like Doja is in the same boat as acts like Olivia where it’s pyramid or bust. Megan is popping up on second stages at other festivals but Doja is doing the same slot at every festival she’s booked for. Subbing the headliner.

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I just can’t see it really. Feel like Doja is in the same boat as acts like Olivia where it’s pyramid or bust. Megan is popping up on second stages at other festivals but Doja is doing the same slot at every festival she’s booked for. Subbing the headliner.

I’ve been flip flopping over whether her or Lorde will sub and the other third, although Lorde third and Doja subbing would make more sense in the ‘keeping the hype up for Kendrick’ factor so I hope that’s how it pans out.

I’m only a recent convert to her stuff and she’s become a big ‘must see’ for me so I really hope she doesn’t end up headlining Other, even though I think her in for Dua/up against Macca actually makes a lot of sense. 

29 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Could be the missing Billie Eilish sub? Feel like that would work, cause I do think Lorde is probably a sub and not 3rd down.

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’ve been flip flopping over whether her or Lorde will sub and the other third, although Lorde third and Doja subbing would make more sense in the ‘keeping the hype up for Kendrick’ factor so I hope that’s how it pans out.

I’m only a recent convert to her stuff and she’s become a big ‘must see’ for me so I really hope she doesn’t end up headlining Other, even though I think her in for Dua/up against Macca actually makes a lot of sense. 

12 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Could be the missing Billie Eilish sub? Feel like that would work, cause I do think Lorde is probably a sub and not 3rd down.

I feel like she’s the bigger draw right now and has a bit more of a “stick” when it comes to where she likes to be placed on lineups. Whereas Megan etc is more flexible. If you line up all the stages / placements she’s doing it’s all different.

Doja is playing Glastonbury on a year where Wireless, R&L and all the other big hop festivals would have done ANYTHING to get her. I have no evidence for it but I really think R&L would have offered her a headline position this year too. She’s doing Glastonbury instead.

To me, for her to play, at a much lower fee than what she would get elsewhere she has to be getting a good deal. I think that’s a slot on El Pointy which matches up with the other slots she’s getting elsewhere. Right before the headliner.

She could be subbing Billie, but I think they may put her under Kendrick as it’s a nice double pairing. They’ve done it before with Pharrell and Kanye. I also think it’s a pretty GOAT way of Glastonbury standing out amongst their competition, Coachella, Rolling Loud, Wireless, and even R&L would kill for a top 2 like that. Glastonbury being able to book that on top of a full standard Glastonbury lineup too is seriously seriously impressive going. Other festivals would bag Kendrick subbed by Doja and have a weak as shit undercard because that’s half their budget gone.

Edited by Matt42