Beer Prices

Barneym

The biggest increases in wholesale beer prices for us were last year. They went up again in winter, but not by anywhere near as much as the press made out.

And since then, with fuel and energy coming down, as a free house, we're able to negotiate prices down with breweries again, which has pretty much cancelled out any price increases in the last 9 months.

I'm going to wager that Brooklyn will be around £6.50. Maybe even lower.

5 hours ago, gfa said:

It wasn't £7, it was only £6.50 no?

If Cider is at £6 as gnomicide i think it was said a page back, theres no way its going to be over £7 for brooklyn i think

I've heard £6 at Brothers Bar, may be more elsewhere on site 🤷

I’m going to be essentially on the cider all weekend bar my own cans of beer I’ll be bringing, Brothers is the official cider isn’t it now? £6 from their bar £6.20 other bars I’ll guess.

£6.50 brooklyn

again, this is a guess

31 minutes ago, Pazzler said:

Met the manager of several of the bars down there last night; £6.50 standard, £6.80 premium (told to "aim for London prices")

Also the Brooklyn Pilsner is being offered at 4%, as opposed to 4.6%

any reason as to why?!

ffs 😞 

Don't you get some variance on draught ABV in the UK? You can be within 0.3% of the actual, so it's common to see botttles/cans at 5% and draught at 4.8% (with the associated duty savings). 4.6% to 4% would be a sharp drop though - maybe it's 4.4%?

14 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Don't you get some variance on draught ABV in the UK? You can be within 0.3% of the actual, so it's common to see botttles/cans at 5% and draught at 4.8% (with the associated duty savings). 4.6% to 4% would be a sharp drop though - maybe it's 4.4%?

You may very well be right. I was half cut when he mentioned it, but was surprised none the less.

35 minutes ago, Long Drop said:

They had the pilsner at Download last weekend, I swear it was just regular Carlsberg.

Carlsberg 'Pilsner' is just regular Carlsberg. Big beer companies like to add on extra words in this country because people are often stupid and think it means something better than it actually is, like when 'craft' is added in front of 'beer'. 

But we should be getting Brooklyn Pilsner, which is an entirely different beer, it’s licensed by Carlsberg but it isn’t Carlsberg. It should be 4.6% but suggestions above are that it could be 4.0%, I’m sure I read they do actually have a 4.0 version, but natural suspicion leads people to think well just get served up Carlsberg again. Carlsberg Export is the different version of Carlsberg you sometimes see at festivals as well as Carlsberg Pilsner which is just Carlsberg.

Edited by Jose Pose

23 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

But we should be getting Brooklyn Pilsner, which is an entirely different beer, it’s licensed by Carlsberg but it isn’t Carlsberg. It should be 4.6% but suggestions above are that it could be 4.0%, I’m sure I read they do actually have a 4.0 version, but natural suspicion leads people to think well just get served up Carlsberg again. Carlsberg Export is the different version of Carlsberg you sometimes see at festivals as well as Carlsberg Pilsner which is just Carlsberg.

Can't see anything online, from a short search, that suggests there is any other abv version of Brooklyn pilsner so if it really is 4% I suspect it's a lie

4 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Can't see anything online, from a short search, that suggests there is any other abv version of Brooklyn pilsner so if it really is 4% I suspect it's a lie

To be honest for some reason I thought it seemed too good to be true that we’d get that as the main draft lager. The 4.0% thing definitely sounds very dodgy. 

1 hour ago, Gulping Gull said:

Carlsberg 'Pilsner' is just regular Carlsberg. Big beer companies like to add on extra words in this country because people are often stupid and think it means something better than it actually is, like when 'craft' is added in front of 'beer'. 

Sorry, I meant the Brooklyn Pilsner was just regular Carlsberg.