The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

I think it's worth comparing the current run to what the low looked like on Thursday's runs.

Thursday's is on the right. It's not anywhere near as totally dominant. Maybe something positive to look at.

image.thumb.png.9073316fce0569412d23e1b502c3d6e3.png

It really is all in the balance - maybe we'll eventually land in the middle. Let's hope no worse than that.

Updates at 9:00am this report sounds very positive ITV

There is good news for anyone going to Glastonbury Festival next week - the Met Office is predicting mostly dry weather with spells of sunshine.

While the weather forecast says there will likely be some "light showers" during the five-day festival, the Met Office says it is likely to be sunny for the duration.

Day one of the festival - Wednesday 22 June - looks set to be the hottest, with highs of 21C and a "sunny" forecast.

The Thursday of Glastonbury Festival is set to start off similarly, but the Met Office says there is a risk of light showers in the afternoon. The temperature will be around 20C.

The Friday looks set to get off to a sunny start with clouds coming in later in the afternoon, although forecasters are predicting it will stay dry with highs of 19C.

The long-range forecast then says the South West is set to "experience dry conditions with occasional bright spells and some sunshine" throughout the rest of the week, although it adds there is "a risk of showers".

The BBC's weather forecast however predicts sunshine for the duration of the festival, predicting "sunny intervals with a moderate breeze" throughout the five-day event.

It says the Saturday and Sunday of this year's festival will see temperatures around 17C with some cloud cover.

1 hour ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Wow, what a change overnight.  Looks like the Germans were right all along…. Both the GFS and ECM agree with ICON from yesterday and put the low right over the UK, something which GFS had done on Gav’s latest video to be fair, but has since backed away from.  So this is what the midnight run of the ECM does…

There are showers breaking out on Thursday and then more organised rain coming up from the south

FC038310-BB0B-44A8-B841-0DE2BDF2C349.thumb.jpeg.c5a236bd078e0f21dcc1638b09aced4e.jpeg

By Friday evening the rain has well and truly set in

0A54A2BE-DEE0-4931-800B-62CDD2DB8027.thumb.jpeg.f99a1504933f26d147aed3e495f4f3c9.jpeg

it’s still chucking it down all of Saturday 

903FE43F-A107-4552-B5F2-BBDE3CCF2C8F.thumb.jpeg.d29d8722f0feb54cb9fb93b69a35e9fc.jpeg

and is still raining by Sunday, by which time the site will be sodden…

3AAC69FE-F86E-4106-9E7C-EBBA92B392DE.thumb.jpeg.2c5ee0cc2fcc0c35821e0acab3b6613e.jpeg

it is a worrying development.  Once the models start agreeing on the same trend, it’s starts to become a fairly certain outcome.   So that’s what the Europeans think,I’ll go and see what the Germans and the Canadians make of all this and report back…..

They were all agreeing with sun on Friday before the Germans were out on their own!

Edited by briddj

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I take one evening off following this thread and it all falls apart. God fucking damn.

Give it a few hours, we'll all be happy clappers again, when we get the inevitable upswing. 

Just be warned. They'll be another downswing after that.

But don't worry because...

• Upvote 1

Just now, FloorFiller said:

I have no idea how much faith we put in Accuweather, but they’re saying cloudy/sunny and mid/high teens all weekend with only a tiny amount of rain, so I’m putting all my eggs in their basket. 

Probably because they didn't update this trend. I am expecting changes there in the next 24h.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I have no idea how much faith we put in Accuweather, but they’re saying cloudy/sunny and mid/high teens all weekend with only a tiny amount of rain, so I’m putting all my eggs in their basket. 

There’s a reason why I call them InAccuweather. 

It’s the Daily Mail of forecasting sites. 

Edited by squirrelarmy