The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

I'd take this run - there's rain flying around particularly on Friday, but there's no massive band of rain that just sits over the west for a entire day.  The temps are also warm enough that the rain shouldn't be horrible.   "Better than horrible" is my only requirement for the weekend

Edited by Ed90

3 minutes ago, Ed90 said:

I'd take this run - there's rain flying around particularly on Friday, but there's no massive band of rain that just sits over the west for a entire day.  The temps are also warm enough that the rain shouldn't be horrible.   "Better than horrible" is my only requirement for the weekend

Agreed - two lovely days. one and half shit ones and then a cold but dry end

SUNDAY

Dry day (any rain showing in the evening would be virtually nothing), highs of 18.

image.thumb.png.fe737a0e6c04ac00d1999d10bbe3271b.png

The low fails to make an impression over the UK.

image.thumb.png.d658fe54b5b1fe844c39a813ba458d3b.png

SUMMARY

It's going to be a roller-coaster over the next few days as to what that low is going to do. Hopefully by Monday we might have a bit more confidence.

But this is a better run, with far less rain.

KNIFE. EDGE.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, briddj said:

SUNDAY

Dry day (any rain showing in the evening would be virtually nothing), highs of 18.

image.thumb.png.fe737a0e6c04ac00d1999d10bbe3271b.png

The low fails to make an impression over the UK.

image.thumb.png.d658fe54b5b1fe844c39a813ba458d3b.png

SUMMARY

It's going to be a roller-coaster over the next few days as to what that low is going to do. Hopefully by Monday we might have a bit more confidence.

But this is a better run, with far less rain.

KNIFE. EDGE.

I don't recall it being quite this much of a rollercoaster in previous years! Feels at this stage like anything between 11 degrees and drizzle and a full on heatwave is possible.

1 minute ago, PollyPeach said:

I don't recall it being quite this much of a rollercoaster in previous years! Feels at this stage like anything between 11 degrees and drizzle and a full on heatwave is possible.

We've never had such a dramatic high vs. low battle!

2 minutes ago, PollyPeach said:

With this level of rain, anyone got any thoughts on whether the mud is going to get over ankle deep? I would love to avoid full length wellies!

with this level of rain - no chance of ankle deep mud. could all change though so deffo pack them!

Googled 'good wellies' last week, came up with a post from 17th June 2019 by someone preparing for a mud-bath! Obviously was 11 days out of the fest but the scorcher it turned into was pure madness. I can see these current predictions as not too bad, just trying to figure out footwear. Opted for knackered converse for best, tired boots for a bit of rain, and the w word for a shitshow (already in my mate's car and hopefully will bloody stay there!)

Edited by woyski