The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

21 minutes ago, benc said:

We voted for Brexit and this includes not longer using the European models. We're global britain now, and should be looking to american and Canadian models

By this time tomorrow, we’ll also have the French model (Arpege), which only goes 5 days ahead, so is currently up to Tuesday.   Can we have too many models?

7 minutes ago, The Nal said:

30c for a couple of hours. It was fine.

Heres the Met Office forecast from June 17th 2019

Glastonbury weather forecast 2019: Met Office predict rain during the music festival

On Wednesday, it's likely there'll be light rain shower and a moderate breeze, with some sunny spells.

The next day, however, rain is forecast for most of the day, with a moderate breeze.

Much like this thread, lots of "the weather is going to be X, but we really dont know" cobblers. 

Nal always has a card up his sleeve to dampen our excitement. Fair play - probably right too, way too far out 

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm now officially living this thread vicariously through FuzzyDunlop, who I will not tag, in case he's stopped reading for his sanity.  But if you are- how do you feel about this run?  One hard day, then plan sailing afterwards, right?

It's bad enough me living it! I don't want someone else having it too!

How do I feel about that, honestly? Thursday & Friday dont look great, but it looks a lot better than other runs. After twisting something not as bad... and it's got worse since, I am thinking of holding. Borderline is the answer. It's definitely not my preference... but it could be a lot worse.

11 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It's bad enough me living it! I don't want someone else having it too!

How do I feel about that, honestly? Thursday & Friday dont look great, but it looks a lot better than other runs. After twisting something not as bad... and it's got worse since, I am thinking of holding. Borderline is the answer. It's definitely not my preference... but it could be a lot worse.

Friday has rain nearby which probably means cloud.

Whilst it’s a rollercoaster ride looking at the various models on here seemingly change on each run, my go-to app, WeatherProHD (as well as the rather simplistic BBC appp) haven’t changed their forecast too much when either high or low pressure seems likely to prevail. The temperature has constantly hovered late teens/low 20’s, the amount of precipitation changes, but nothing worse than the odd shower. Hope the outlook remains the same as it has for a while. We could be in for a very pleasant week 

B0E7C9FF-8CBF-450B-8E78-0DB0B4AAA1CC.jpeg