The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

When is it that we kinda really know? Is it 4 days out? So Saturday we should know what Wednesday looks like pretty well?

closer you get, the higher the confidence...but still even the day before forecasts for rainfall can be wrong. Still, usually 3 days before should have a pretty good idea...

Just now, steviewevie said:

closer you get, the higher the confidence...but still even the day before forecasts for rainfall can be wrong. Still, usually 3 days before should have a pretty good idea...

From what I remember in discussions in 2019. If its not raining on the forcast, its very doubtful that it'll rain, if it isn't raining much there's a chance it won't even hit the site/certain areas of the site. 

I jsut want a nice 19-21 degree festival, even if there's a shower or two. 

Just now, steviewevie said:

Yeah, me too. At moment I am thinking that walking boots will be enough...but if forecasts deteriorate even more by the weekend I'll probably go buy some...

I managed walking boots with gators in 2016 and will continue to live by them. Only way I'll turn off if it rains to the level of 2016 pre festival and then the same amount of rain during the festival. Then i'd probably buy some there....Maybe

57 minutes ago, briddj said:

Not even that. It's recorded in the morning. 

Indeed. c**tryfile.I know it's always seen as fun here. But I get weirdly annoyed with it. One, it's the most fucking boring show in the world and most of all the weather is not even live. So it's out of date from the morning. Finally they haven't mentioned Glastonbury for years which really annoys me because if they were even vaguely aware theyd play a little to their audience just one day a year. Bunch of twats. 

• Upvote 1

At no point since 2007 (and likely for a while before then) has the GFS produced an generally more accurate 5-day forecast for the Northern Hemisphere between 20 and 80N than the ECMWF. That being said, there have been many cases where the GFS has been more accurate than the ECMWF for specific storms”

Source: the internet