2023 Festival

TheWaters

6 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Birmingham arena had tickets for Kendrick Lamar between £64.20-£109.40 with standing being £86.40.

I suspect (and hoping) Blink will be around £60-80 for standing. 

This is what I could find online, it's Belfast Arena: 

B26EA4D8-E2D6-4F90-8AB7-8480885B8ADB.png
Thinking that £91 might be some VIP package upgrade. Seen blink are selling that in the States. 

Edited by thatTFBguy
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Friday

Kendrick Lamar / Loyle Carner / Rina Sawayama

Doja Cat / Anderson. Paak & The Free Nationals / Sea Girls

Saturday

Dua Lipa / Becky Hill / Nothing But Thieves

Kasabian / The Vaccines / Don Broco

Sunday

The Killers / Jamie T / IDLES

Blink-182 / Yungblud / CHVRCHES

With Tom back, a history of headlining R+L and a 2023 World Tour that I suspect is going to rapidly sell out don't think blink would take anything but MSE headlining. 

2 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

With Tom back, a history of headlining R+L and a 2023 World Tour that I suspect is going to rapidly sell out don't think blink would take anything but MSE headlining. 

Yup no chance Blink are playing the same slot as Megan Thee Stallion,   catfish and the bottlemen and disclosure

Edited by Benj

17 hours ago, roughbloke said:

I have a feeling Neil may be referencing me here and I'm not sure why. Back in 2019, for the Glasto headliners prediction thread I posted i thought they could be:

Friday - the 1975

saturday - Madonna 

sunday - fleetwood mac 

legend - Elton

Never said it was confirmed, it was a prediction. 

For reading, I mentioned i had heard that they are secured Paramore for next year. I heard this news from someone at this years festival who works for LN. No reason to not believe it but ive also got not reason to not believe this talk about KSI headlining. 

In regards to the Blink dates, i said if they didn't have a london date then perhaps they'd be at reading or doing their show at Finsbury park or something. Believe Neil's response to this was to say I was talking bullshit. 

Neil kindly agreed to change my username from endswith.. to roughbloke a few months back but have never posted info that I believed to be BS from the offset

you have posted bullshit tho, theres good reason to doubt your claims.

27 minutes ago, SleepingGiants said:

Arctic Monkeys was £80...

Fontaines DC was £50...

Yeah, Kendrick was over £100 (I think) and Biffy Clyro + Architects was £60. It's all over the place. But Blink-182 aren't bloody Glastonbury headliners, £80+ would be a bit of a piss take. 

15 minutes ago, Neil said:

you have posted bullshit tho, theres good reason to doubt your claims.

A very odd witch-hunt you have going on. I’m not claiming anything is correct. I’m passing on what I’ve heard. 

never had any issues with what I’ve said before but for some reason the news about Glastonbury 2023 tipped you over the edge. 

39 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

£50 for an academy show?

Pretty common. Fontaines did Ally pally last year anyway

9 hours ago, R Shah said:

Friday

Kendrick Lamar / Loyle Carner / Rina Sawayama

Doja Cat / Anderson. Paak & The Free Nationals / Sea Girls

Saturday

Dua Lipa / Becky Hill / Nothing But Thieves

Kasabian / The Vaccines / Don Broco

Sunday

The Killers / Jamie T / IDLES

Blink-182 / Yungblud / CHVRCHES

Those headliners are far too expensive i think.

Kendrick is the most expensive they've ever booked and that was 5 years ago come 2023 so will be even more expesnive now. Killers, Dua Lipa and Blink are all not cheap.

I think even with someone cheaper in for Blink thats still a pretty expensive lineup.

Blink can absolutely fucking do one at £92 per standing ticket. Not when they'll play every festival under the sun in 2024.

Managed to bag a family friend Pink tickets at £110 each at least so she's happy but Christ, these individual shows are getting less and less appealing unless you're a super fan. 

• Upvote 1

Got blink tickets but £92 for standing is the most I've ever paid for an individual gig (I.E. not a festival), and it hurt clicking buy. But blink were literally my music taste for my whole teenage years (listened to like nowt else), had to be done. 

Now hearing some bollocks about standing being split into sections, if I've paid £92 per ticket and that doesn't give me free reign to stand where ever I please in the section I'll be very pissed.

Sell VIP bollocks with meet+greet and exclusive merch if you want but splitting up the standing section at an arena show (or any type of show to be honest) is just taking the mick to be honest. 

Funny thing is, I would've actually paid the £92 if it was Turnstile supporting. That's like a Biffy + Architects combo to me.

Glad fans got tickets but I'm firmly at the point now where the only band that's gonna get me to a solo show is Tool, for the same reason of they're my one band. Everyone else can wait until festivals. 

1 hour ago, thatTFBguy said:

Got blink tickets but £92 for standing is the most I've ever paid for an individual gig (I.E. not a festival), and it hurt clicking buy. But blink were literally my music taste for my whole teenage years (listened to like nowt else), had to be done. 

Now hearing some bollocks about standing being split into sections, if I've paid £92 per ticket and that doesn't give me free reign to stand where ever I please in the section I'll be very pissed.

Sell VIP bollocks with meet+greet and exclusive merch if you want but splitting up the standing section at an arena show (or any type of show to be honest) is just taking the mick to be honest. 

I think there's a seperate golden standing section at the front which is even more expensive. 

Oh, better yet, the tour poster on their Instagram is insanely misleading. Mentions both Turnstile and Rise Against (and more) supporting but no mention of the fact that it's ONE band per date, or which dates have who. My mate bought a standing ticket thinking he was getting Turnstile + others and now doesn't want to go at all.

Bit gullible? Yeah, but it shouldn't be his job to figure that shit out. Ridiculous. 

11 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I think there's a seperate golden standing section at the front which is even more expensive. 

Yeah, seems to be the case but I'm only seeing that at The O2 (venue map has it marked) doesn't appear to be a thing at Manchester Arena and there was no option other than just GA standing, so think it's thankfully some bollocks that hasn't made its way to us in the North.

Of course, Manchester arena can't even issue e-ticket so highly doubt it could handle a golden circle situation. 

I remember Metallica general standing ticket's on their last stadium tour were £125 each and that was just general, they had the golden circle going on which was even more expensive. First time I'd ever backed out of buying tickets but still ended up going as got a free ticket through a mate of my dad's who had a spare going.

I think two tickets for Muse next summer was £150, just shy. £75 for a big outdoor gig with big production is fair enough I think, I'd even say for a big arena gig that's fair enough. More than that and it's something I'd have to really consider.

I also think anything above £40 for an academy show is over priced unless it's a mega act doing special one off shows in a small venue.

5 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I also think anything above £40 for an academy show is over priced unless it's a mega act doing special one off shows in a small venue.

£40 for King Gizzard at the O2 in London, tempted to just take this Blink money, drive, get a hotel, and see them instead for the same price. They deserve the cash more.