2023 Festival

TheWaters

Never too early ay? 😉

My extremely early prediction is

The Killers/AJ Tracey

Billie Eillish/Royal Blood

Travis Scott/Wolf Alice 

They subbed MSW to be fair, honestly the crowd they draw year in year out warrants a sub spot anyway. If they took a 2 year break off playing R&L and didn't do massive tours of the UK every year then they would certainly take higher spots.

Totally agreed. someone mentioned it in the 2021 post mortem but they should have swapped places with TDCC this year.

1 minute ago, Eric Norwell said:

Never too early ay? 😉

The Killers/AJ Tracey

Travis Scott/Wolf Alice 

They subbed MSW to be fair, honestly the crowd they draw year in year out warrants a sub spot anyway. If they took a 2 year break off playing R&L and didn't do massive tours of the UK every year then they would certainly take higher spots.

Totally agreed. someone mentioned it in the 2021 post mortem but they should have swapped places with TDCC this year.

I think the headliners are foals,greenday,billie relish, sam fender, ksi and machine gun Kelly. plus its too soon for wolf alice to return.

32 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

That supposed Lollapalooza South America lineup that's supposed to be out tomorrow at 2 is naughty. Drake / Billie / Blink / SZA / Lil Nas X / Tame Impala. Think Drake's shit personally but gotta be one of the biggest ticket sellers on the planet. 

I'd only care about Blink personally.

1 hour ago, Eric Norwell said:

Never too early ay? 😉

The Killers/AJ Tracey

Travis Scott/Wolf Alice 

Wolf Alice are pretty far off MSW headline

Word on here is that we have 5 headliners a lock, not sure i believe it but yep 🙂 

2 hours ago, jj200 said:

I think the headliners are foals,greenday,billie relish, sam fender, ksi and machine gun Kelly. plus its too soon for wolf alice to return.

I love Wolf Alice, even for me, a 3rd year on the bounce playing the same set list would be too much!

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Wolf Alice are pretty far off MSW headline

Word on here is that we have 5 headliners a lock, not sure i believe it but yep 🙂 

I have no clue how big Wolf Alice actually are with the R+L crowd because this year it was literally just people sitting down waiting for AM around us in the front section. 

10 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

I have no clue how big Wolf Alice actually are with the R+L crowd because this year it was literally just people sitting down waiting for AM around us in the front section. 

I think they were just done dirty this year with their placement before R&L and it would be a similar story of the crowd not being into it for any band playing just before AM. Seen them at other places and the crowd has always been excellent and right up for it.

27 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

I think they were just done dirty this year with their placement before R&L and it would be a similar story of the crowd not being into it for any band playing just before AM. Seen them at other places and the crowd has always been excellent and right up for it.

They were also up against the Pendulum secret set which was the highlight of the day. We would've been at WA otherwise but no way were we missing Pendulum full band set in a tent. 

15 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

They were also up against the Pendulum secret set which was the highlight of the day. We would've been at WA otherwise but no way were we missing Pendulum full band set in a tent. 

I opted for Wolf Alice over Pendulum but in hindsight I really wish I had gone Pendulum instead. Seen some videos and it looked ace! 

18 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Full slate of dates leaked, theyre legit. Had known about the gigs where I live and it lines up. Tomorrow it announces.

Its a Live Nation tour so seems it lines up more with getting booked for R/L than with an AEG fest.

Ah yeah, makes sense. 
If there is no London date then I’d say reading or a Finsbury Park show is on the cards. 

On 9/29/2022 at 10:48 PM, Tom Connolly said:

i’m so conflicted on this because you don’t tend to be on the wind up. if this was Dan we’d have all dismissed it immediately. unless, you’ve decided to go big this year… many thoughts. 

This geezer posts Bullshit, don't believe what he says.

2 hours ago, FeverDream said:

They had a big crowd with loads into it where I was, initially in the second enclosure then moved back as the sound there was shite 

35 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

I certainly don’t, unless the info I received is bullshit - but I don’t believe it is.

Everyone thought it was rubbish when I said that Polo G was subbing this year, and look what happened. 

Turned out all those who thought it was a mad booking were right though!

14 minutes ago, sisco said:

Neil has replied to the wrong message.  He wasn’t indicating WhoOdeessy is lying, was aimed at the other person

But agreed… should check before confusing matters 

So we're saying there's no hope of a Paramore headline appearance?

giphy.gif

That was a very short lived moment of joy...