2023 Festival

TheWaters

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Who else of KSI’s type could headline? I feel like this opens the doors for R&L headliners massively.

It sets a precedent for a very cheap, very divisive act every year who’s punching above their weight being a headliner. Imagine the scenes on here when they shut the FR stage at 6pm that night

Green Day played two and a half hours last time they played didn't they? And they usually do mammoth three hour sets. How would they work around that given MSE headliners have been reduced to 1 hour 15 minute long sets? The MSW headliner and MSE sub playing in broad daylight?

Edited by VCK

1 minute ago, VCK said:

Green Day played two and a half hours last time they played didn't they? And they usually do mammoth three hour sets. How would they work around that given MSE headliners have been reduced to 1 hour 15 minute long sets? The MSW headliner and MSE sub playing in broad daylight?

Fwiw they played a 90 min show at the hella mega tour and it was a case of less is more. 90 mins, all hits, no deep cuts, but it really worked well. 

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t like his music at all but that guy deserves all the applause for how well he has done. The first time I became aware of him was about 10 years ago when he was shouting about Van Persie leaving Arsenal. Now he’s selling out arenas and headlining Reading and Leeds. Fair fucking play to the dude. 

I met him once before I knew who he was, I used to manage a late night bar in Watford and he came to look around  to book it out for a private event which never happened. Neither I nor the general manager realised who he was or believed he could pay the fee for a private hire on a Friday night as obvs it was a big fee, que 6 months later when I realised who it was.

He was an absolutely lovely guy and very humble.

1 hour ago, VCK said:

It was basically 2 sets though as they played the whole of Dookie in full and another whole set around it and that was with System subbing as well who had a decent set length and then Deftones under them with a good set length too.

Damn that was a good day.

On 9/29/2022 at 11:33 AM, VCK said:

I thought After Laughter had a very clear Foals/Two Door Cinema Club/The 1975/et al influence. The band had clearly been listening to British Indie that was popular at the time and taking notes.

I know this is a very late response but they gave an interview in The Guardian the other day saying they were influenced even by a lot of the indie scene in the 2000's, so if there is such an influence from that world coming along, that would make sense.

9 hours ago, luckysalt said:

It was basically 2 sets though as they played the whole of Dookie in full and another whole set around it and that was with System subbing as well who had a decent set length and then Deftones under them with a good set length too.

I saw Green Day at Brixton Academy a few days beforehand. That is indeed the flow Reading got as well, though I think it being in a room that small was more fun. But maybe that's just an element of snobbery filtered through the fact I was at the smaller date.

As said above though, yes. While I remember seeing them do a 3 hour show at Wembley in 2010, the London Stadium gig the other month was a leaner 90 mins affair. Partly I guess on how the Hella Mega Tour was structured given I believe FOB and Weezer had 60-75 each.

Edited by charlierc

10 hours ago, VCK said:

They only did 2h on the hella mega tour and the festivals last summer.  Reckon they'd stick to that as they're getting on a bit. 

2 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

GREEN DAY / Yungblud / IDLES

PARAMORE / Becky Hill / Anne-Marie
____
BILLIE EILISH / Olivia Rodrigo / Mabel

KSI / Blossoms / Pa Salieu
_____
SAM FENDER / Two Door Cinema Club / You Me At Six

FOALS / The Vaccines / The Wombats

Doing Paramore dirty like that 

38 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

GREEN DAY / Yungblud / IDLES

PARAMORE / Becky Hill / Anne-Marie
____
BILLIE EILISH / Olivia Rodrigo / Mabel

KSI / Blossoms / Pa Salieu
_____
SAM FENDER / Two Door Cinema Club / You Me At Six

FOALS / The Vaccines / The Wombats

I'd be all over that first day.

15 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Then prime Frank Turner and BMTH who were on an upwards trajectory before them. A very strong day. Don't think we'll get a day on that level this time around. Probably some shite like Yungblud, and some flavour of the month artists made popular by TikTok.

Edited by VCK

I’m surprised billie is still touring in 2023, but I guess she’s probably going to take half the year off and do a few shows towards late summer with probably a few new singles. I don’t think it will be long until she has another album. Reckon R&L have her in-between album 2 and 3.

A top 3 of Billie Eilish, Green Day and Sam Fender is very strong. Paired with Paramore, Foals and KSI it will surely go down well with the attendees.

It’s an interesting bunch of names but I can really see it doing well with R&L’s attendees.

• Upvote 1