Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

18 hours ago, benali said:

Seeing as I'm hiding from the rain, here's the beer choice.

IMG_20220815_185259.jpg

IMG_20220815_185217.jpg

IMG_20220815_185144.jpg

IMG20220815185036.jpg

Hello sir. 

Thanks for the info as always.

One thing.....is there a 'cider' selection too? If so, and if its not too much trouble.....could you post that selection too?

Thanks, dude. I like cider.

• Like 1

Just now, retromoz said:

Hello sir. 

One thing.....is there a 'cider' selection too? If so, and if its not too much trouble.....could you post that selection too?

It's in that list. bottom left of first image for example have some ciders listed.

1 minute ago, retromoz said:

Hello sir. 

Am I imagining - isnt there a selection of ciders at the bar in Walled Garden?

1 minute ago, big__phil said:

Anyone got any recommendations for Thursday lunchtime/PM? I'm not familiar with anyone prior to Planningtorock, so grateful for any tips!

Thanks in advance!

Wesley Gonzalez, he makes lo-fi pop, he used to be in Let's Wrestle who I was a big fan of. He can be a bit hit and miss live though. Mandrake Handshake are decent, indie with psych leanings. 

• Upvote 1

On a new music tip….. what are people’s recommendations for the Rising Stage.

Here are 3 from me….

Mickey Callisto - Totally bonkers space cadet who takes a big dose of Freddie Mercury and puts it with synth pop bangers. Will put a smile on your face even if you can’t stand the music. Watch out for dance routines and arse thrusting! 

Lemondaze - Young shoegaze band who have been getting good reports. 

Bonnie Kemplay - Young singer songwriter recently signed to Dirty Hit records (The 1975, Pale Waves, Wolf Alice) who won Radio 1’s live lounge introducing competition out of 10,000 entries 

4 minutes ago, Twitch33 said:

Deathcrash for me on the Saturday. Very moody slowcore rock - hopefully there won't be too much bleed from the other stages during their quiet bits.

A very favourable review here: https://www.loudandquiet.com/reviews/deathcrash-return/

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Twitch33 said:

Here are 3 from me….

Mickey Callisto - Totally bonkers space cadet who takes a big dose of Freddie Mercury and puts it with synth pop bangers. Will put a smile on your face even if you can’t stand the music. Watch out for dance routines and arse thrusting! 

Lemondaze - Young shoegaze band who have been getting good reports. 

Bonnie Kemplay - Young singer songwriter recently signed to Dirty Hit records (The 1975, Pale Waves, Wolf Alice) who won Radio 1’s live lounge introducing competition out of 10,000 entries 

English Teacher are great, they really smashed the 11am John Peel slot at Glastonbury this year.

Robocobra Quartet I've been listening to today, not million miles off Squid I guess which is quite good.

As mentioned above, Deathcrash are great too.

3 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

English Teacher are great, they really smashed the 11am John Peel slot at Glastonbury this year.

Robocobra Quartet I've been listening to today, not million miles off Squid I guess which is quite good.

As mentioned above, Deathcrash are great too.

Another vote for English Teacher.

41 minutes ago, Twitch33 said:

This sounds superb, thanks for the tip! Saw Faux Real last year after escaping from the rain and it was probably the most fun I had all weekend. This sounds... similar.

Cheers! 

Deathcrash are stunning live, the clash with Mary Lattimore is my worst of the festival.

On Rising I will also watch Lemondaze, English Teacher, Robocobra Quartet, Tenderhost, Tapir, Blue Bendy, Bingo Fury. Probably my favourite band on that stage are Tara Clerkin Trio.

Bands I would watch if they didn't clash with others are Joe & The Shitboys, M(h)aol and Lime Garden although I have a thing about continually missing Lime Garden which has happened about 5 times now due to various gig clashes.

Currently raining although not that heavy.  No thunder yet today.

There's way more Settlers here this year, maybe 25-30% up on last year. Good news for those queuing on Thursday as less people in front of you, bad news for anyone desperate to camp over here as it's already quite busy.

56 minutes ago, Twitch33 said:

To add to the others, I wouldn't be surprised if Alice Low's magnetic Prince-by-way-of-Sparks glammy extravagance makes her a word of mouth draw in the same way as her friends Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard and Panic Shack.

15 minutes ago, benali said:

Currently raining although not that heavy.  No thunder yet today.

There's way more Settlers here this year, maybe 25-30% up on last year. Good news for those queuing on Thursday as less people in front of you, bad news for anyone desperate to camp over here as it's already quite busy.

Where are we on the Welly rating considering current ground conditions and forecast rain on a rating from 1 (don't even both packing) through 5 (leave in the car) to 10 (trench foot guaranteed)