Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

1 hour ago, evannn said:

Am I right in thinking they opened up the campsite to people coming via public transport today? Because of the strikes

General Camping opened at 2pm. I just wandered up to that end of the site, mainly because in all the years I've been coming to GM I've never been up there.

Buses are dropping people off that end and there's a few tents up but not many at all so far. 

Here's a nice picture of the river from the bridge by Orange gate.

IMG20220817142505.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, benali said:

General Camping opened at 2pm. I just wandered up to that end of the site, mainly because in all the years I've been coming to GM I've never been up there.

Buses are dropping people off that end and there's a few tents up but not many at all so far. 

Here's a nice picture of the river from the bridge by Orange gate.

IMG20220817142505.jpg

How’s it looking where we camp; think you know? Just your side of Tangerine Fields near the river. Not sure where family camping is.  

4 hours ago, zico martin said:

Sorry I'm sure this has already been asked somewhere but how far  am i likely to be pulling my trolley from the car park to where i camp? And is doing 2 journeys feasible? My wife's just got out of hospital so won't be much help with the stuff!

hi depends on how much stuff! It’s not a huge distance. Probably a few minutes 5-10 from car to wristband then 10- 20 mins to middle of the site (without stuff). I usually go with my daughter and it’s two journeys each but we do take the kitchen sink!

11 hours ago, benali said:

Current view of Settlers. Clouds clinging to the mountains, faint drizzle around.

As you can see the field is pretty busy, the area to the right of the second picture is Family camping. It's not completely rammed but there's never been this number of people here at this point. Normally the Family area is half empty before Thursday.

IMG20220817112834.jpg

IMG20220817112842.jpg

We are camped very close to there 👀 

48 minutes ago, dpdp said:

It looks like the "secret" bar will be behind the bar near round the twist.  There's certainly something behind there.

Could be but there's always been something behind there, I'd always assumed it was some VIP/crew/performers thing. The music is always on late

8 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

If anyone has any words to describe that Kraftwerk gig please do let me know because it seems to have rendered me temporarily speechless and slightly emotional. 

We loved the whole set but unfortunately most people around us weren’t sure whether they were coming or going hence a lot of talking. Also sad to say that the guy blowing massive bubbles was getting more appreciation around us. Glad I saw them though.