Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

2 hours ago, Gnarler said:

Hey pals! Just managed to snag a ticket for this and can't wait. Never been before so was wondering if anyone could circle which general camping is the best spot? Going alone and arriving late on the Friday night so will be slim pickings and too dark to understand where the best places are. Thanks!

Not sure how much room there is late on Friday. I remember in 2019 that people were walking all the way over the other side of the festival to the settlers camp at that time desperately looking for places to camp, although last year it didn't seem so bad.

I guess it depends how much stuff you have and how far you can be bothered to walk?

• Like 1

Only been the once back in 2019 and can’t remember noticing one but I’m assuming there’s a separate re-entry queue on the Thursday?

Debating just queuing up with the tent initially to setup camp and then going back to the car straight away for some of the heavier stuff.

1 hour ago, Andeeroo said:

Only been the once back in 2019 and can’t remember noticing one but I’m assuming there’s a separate re-entry queue on the Thursday?

Debating just queuing up with the tent initially to setup camp and then going back to the car straight away for some of the heavier stuff.

Hi, yes we definitely did a few trips on the Thursday last time we went.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, benali said:

Not sure how much room there is late on Friday. I remember in 2019 that people were walking all the way over the other side of the festival to the settlers camp at that time desperately looking for places to camp, although last year it didn't seem so bad.

I guess it depends how much stuff you have and how far you can be bothered to walk?

16 hours ago, Mambonumberfive said:

Hi I usually head towards settlers (which is quite far from the enterence) but to be honest that time of night it will be pot luck. It’s not a huge site, so you’re probably best to pick a spot that seems ok rather than spending ages looking better. 

Thank you both very much. This is all super useful. Prepared for a bit of a slog over to the other side. I arrive around 8pm so sun will be going down but hopefully can eye up a little spot for my 1-man coffin tent somewhere simple. 

Jeez.....another man is a fucking arsehole. It is SO fucking depressing. And tiring. He should have NEVER got to any place where he could carry on working whilst doing shitty things. I fully understand how a victim does not feel they can come forward. I only hope that, some point in the future, victims feel they can and, most importantly, be believed. So shitty arseholes can be given the justice they deserve.

Fuck that guy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

After what's just come out about Dorian in the Long Blondes, i wouldn't expect them to be playing ( or doing anything ever again)

I wont post it as its really nasty stuff he's been accused off, but their book deal has been cancelled based on the evidence.

Fully expect them to be pulled (and rightly so) - there was a gig at Rough Trade somewhere that's been canned so sure they will be canned in turn from Green Man shortly. 

1 hour ago, _Tommy_ said:

Fully expect them to be pulled (and rightly so) - there was a gig at Rough Trade somewhere that's been canned so sure they will be canned in turn from Green Man shortly. 

Their big December hometown gig has been cancelled too. My baseless assumption is GM are going to try and name a replacement immediately, or else they'd likely have let it be known the band are off the bill ASAP as they did with Meic Stevens a few years ago.

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Their big December hometown gig has been cancelled too. My baseless assumption is GM are going to try and name a replacement immediately, or else they'd likely have let it be known the band are off the bill ASAP as they did with Meic Stevens a few years ago.

9 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

once you've got your wristband, you can come and go as you please - no need to queue again

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

GM say in a Twitter response that they may not be able to burn the Green Man on Sunday night due to weather and ground conditions.

Any weather watchers care to take a punt on a forecast for next week? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChHPO2mML_V/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

New secret location???

For those who don't do Instagram
"
thebristoldragcollective

Next week we go on the road to perform at @greenmanfest 🏕 In a new super secret location so make a wish and see if you can find us! We are going to be putting the camp in camping!"
Edited by Losing my hair