Pyramid Subs 2022

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Only because she hasn’t got any dates announced. She’s released two massively acclaimed albums in the last couple of years and COVID largely banjaxed any chance she had to tour them.

All is takes is a tour announcement and she’s right back in the mix.

We said the same about Kendrick though, and it seems he’s bitten the dust now. The festivals she was down for in 2020 seem to have moved on with their lineups. Hope she’s there, but thoroughly expecting she won’t be.

34 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Not sure about Taylor subbed by Lorde simply because that sounds too catered. Glasto usually mixes it up but I’d be surprised if they got one of Taylor’s mates playing before her.

We live in hope. Would be the greatest 3 hours in Glastonbury history.

• 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Billie Eilish / Dave

Paul McCartney / Noel Gallagher

Taylor Swift / Lorde

Really think Dave’s gonna be at R/L instead with him doing Glastonbury the next album. Came out with Stormzy this year didn’t he? I’m sure some kind of deal will’ve been struck for him to return to top the bill himself next year, although if they stick with the 6 headliner thing maybe that’ll lessen the usual exclusivity surrounding R/Ls headliners. Suppose we had Foals and Disclosure do both in ‘16.

13 minutes ago, nikkic said:

What was the reaction to Dave’s new album? 

Did it land well? 

Solid. I reckon if it wasn’t so tight for pyramid headliner competition he’d probably get the call.

However, at the moment I think he’s a sub at Glasto - part of a 6 headliner set at Reading.

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Really think Dave’s gonna be at R/L instead with him doing Glastonbury the next album. Came out with Stormzy this year didn’t he? I’m sure some kind of deal will’ve been struck for him to return to top the bill himself next year, although if they stick with the 6 headliner thing maybe that’ll lessen the usual exclusivity surrounding R/Ls headliners. Suppose we had Foals and Disclosure do both in ‘16.

Exactly why I think he’s at Glastonbury. 6 Reading headliners makes me think he’s free game to be at Glasto too. 

8 minutes ago, golden egg said:

What’s the reason behind saying Kendrick won’t be there? Have I missed something?

Neil/eFestivals had info that Billie Eilish is headlining (with QOTSA on Other at the same time), and we’ve also had info from elsewhere that he’s not touring Europe in 2022, so looking pretty unlikely he’s gonna be there.

59 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Agree that Dave looks a lock for R/L, don’t see him at Glasto.

Gonna go Wolf Alice, Noel and Lorde.

I don’t think R&L has anywhere near the pulling power it used to have to lock artists down or exclusives. Dave can comfortably headline R&L and if he’s around Glasto time, I can’t see Emily passing down a chance to book him when he’s around. Whilst his second album has been big he’s not quite at glasto headline level yet, so I think it’s a good time.

They will want a big UK Rap artist (it’s technically drill but I’m just going to call it Rap) on the pyramid stage for sure.

Edited by Matt42