Pyramid Subs 2022

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Wasn’t his last tour (arranged before booked for 2020) just as big though?

I thought it was a mix of smaller arena’s and a couple of nights at Academy sized venues. Still a big tour but this one will presumably have a lot more tickets, I expect he’ll add an extra night in a few places too. I think he was an Other sub in 2020 and given the competition he’ll probably stay there next year too.

Just now, AtomsForPizza said:

There may well be a joke here which has gone over my head, but surely Royal Blood are nowhere near big enough to sub the Pyramid, especially not in 2022

Why not? 3 number 1 albums, doing an arena tour, still massively popular. I mean, I think they’re absolutely crap, but you’re kidding yourself if you think they aren’t big enough to sub the Pyramid (although tbh I think Other sub is more likely, just because of how many big Pyramid sub candidates we seem to have for next year).

3 minutes ago, AtomsForPizza said:

There may well be a joke here which has gone over my head, but surely Royal Blood are nowhere near big enough to sub the Pyramid, especially not in 2022

100% big enough to sub however I’d think next time they play they’ll headline the other stage 

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Now that we know (barring any major changes) the headliners, and most likely the Other headliners, the Pyramid subs are one of the few remaining sources of intrigue. Three spots and a hell of a lot of acts who could potentially be in the frame...

Noel G, Royal Blood, Dave, Wolf Alice, Lorde, LDR (you never know), Haim, Lizzo, Biffy Clyro...

Do we? I feel like other headline is still all to play for. PSB's seem pretty locked in but they'd be the only one I am confident on. QOTSA's slot has got be called into question given the recent allegations, and Dua's star power has grown immensely since she was last booked for that stage (and I think we can all agree it is unlikely for Norman to be back headlining either).

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Do we? I feel like other headline is still all to play for. PSB's seem pretty locked in but they'd be the only one I am confident on. QOTSA's slot has got be called into question given the recent allegations, and Dua's star power has grown immensely since she was last booked for that stage (and I think we can all agree it is unlikely for Norman to be back headlining either).

The info Neil had was QOTSA and Billie.  Not I appreciate news etc… but as one was right I doubt the other is off the table.

Only question for me atm is who is opposite Macca

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

So…

Lorde > Dave > Billie Eilish

(Aerosmith) > Haim > Foals/Royal Blood > Kendrick

(Diana) > Elbow > Noel G > Macca

Struggling with this but I’d say.

Still not sure about Lordes positioning as she would have been booked way before Solar Power and she typically takes big slots at Festivals.

Royal Blood are a good shout - I think with QOTSA being on the other stage it’s pyramid for them or nothing… or they could just be at R&L and no Glasto for them.

Dave I think will be there though. I have a hunch the Friday top 2 will be Billie and Dave. He’d be an incredible option before Kendrick but I just doubt it.

Strangely I think Dave stands a very good chance now of turning up, as I’m not too sure he’s going to be in the pipeline for 2023. Seems like there’s heavy competition already.

Just now, sisco said:

The info Neil had was QOTSA and Billie.  Not I appreciate news etc… but as one was right I doubt the other is off the table.

Only question for me atm is who is opposite Macca

I think we have the other headliners locked. QOTSA, PSB, Dua Lipa.

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I'm working on the basis that QOTSA are playing until we hear otherwise, Neil's had the info so for the purposes of this discussion I'm marking them as a lock. Agree that PSB are also a lock at this stage.

Dua is right now the only major question mark IMO.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I think we have the other headliners locked. QOTSA, PSB, Dua Lipa.

I have big doubts its dua. She is headlining everywhere she is going this year, has effectively sold out 2 nights at the O2...

Reckon she is way more likely to just hold off and headline next year/year after with the new album. Have no doubt she'll be there as a punter and will turn up for a guest slot or two, but I can't see her booking that slot in again.

No idea who will replace her mind - guess that might be a good place to stick Lorde?

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I have big doubts its dua. She is headlining everywhere she is going this year, has effectively sold out 2 nights at the O2...

Reckon she is way more likely to just hold off and headline next year/year after with the new album. Have no doubt she'll be there as a punter and will turn up for a guest slot or two, but I can't see her booking that slot in again.

No idea who will replace her mind - guess that might be a good place to stick Lorde?

Lizzo?

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

For arguments sake, what if the festival already has the 2023 headliners booked, so for Dua the earliest she could headline the Pyramid is 2024 anyway? She could always headline the Other in 2022, fulfilling the original booking, then do the Pyramid outright in 2024 or even 2025. She might just be keen to play, especially knowing the biggest slot won't be available for a few more years.

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Think @dentalplan’s got it right that Lorde will be third-from-top at best. Solar Power was a load of hot air.

This goes against a few people’s sentiments, but I think Haim will be 3rd too. Don’t see a sub in a comeback year. I can however see them into Noel G, Royal Blood or Foals (h-h-h-here we go again).

Dave before Billie would be nice synchronicity to Dave after Billie in 2019. If we get Kendrick, that would make more than one Black artist in the top 2 slots over the weekend, which I believe has only happened before with Kanye & Pharrell and Dizzee & Stevie.

I’d love Wolf Alice there but I think subbing QOTSA on Other makes more sense.

I should have been obvious for a while that Lorde wasn't subbing. 

I don't think any of you Lorde, Haim or Wolf Alice will sub. Too many options around next year that they just don't need to do it.

Lorde 3rd down. Haim 3rd down and Wolf Alice the same or subbing Other.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

For arguments sake, what if the festival already has the 2023 headliners booked, so for Dua the earliest she could headline the Pyramid is 2024 anyway? She could always headline the Other in 2022, fulfilling the original booking, then do the Pyramid outright in 2024 or even 2025. She might just be keen to play, especially knowing the biggest slot won't be available for a few more years.

She might be, it'll be purely off the basis that she loves the fest, but it is possible. I just dont think it's a lock