Pyramid Subs 2022

Chrisp1986

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

It was surely Mumford. No longer headliners, ego too fragile/inflated to be billed as subs outright, a bit of blanket blandness before the grand pop finalé.

Nah I don’t think so because there was also info they were playing on a smaller stage just like the gentleman of the road stuff they did the other year before.

Josh Homme should not be violent towards anyone, however Brody Dalle was involved in a violent relationship with Tim Armstrong, and one of the first interviews Josh gave said she punched like a man.....

People ruling out QoTSA should sit back and wait for the outcome of the court case. 

I don't see many people suggesting Distillers are pulled from Download Festival?

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Realistic imo. I’m coming round a bit to Royal Blood being there but if it is a repeat of their 2020 plans none of them involved Glastonbury - so I could just see them not being there.

Also with QOTSA being drafted in somewhere that Royal Blood would have fit perfectly it doesn’t give me much hope.

Unless Royal Blood was the mysterious Taylor Swift sub all along.

Neil had info Royal Blood were playing (I’m pretty sure)

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think glasto has ever booted someone off the lineup due to a personal matter before have they?

Nah, only way they’ll not play is if the situation gets worse to the point that it can’t be swept under the rug. Or more likely if Homme decides he needs a bit of time out to sort himself out.

16 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Our nearest and dearest Foals did exactly that in 2016 (and Disclosure were on the Other too)

I suppose the pitfall in my trio is that Royal Blood and Dave are likely R+L headliners for 2021. There was no Glasto competition this year, therefore no pushback, but we could be about to find out whether this ‘six headliner’ gambit + the post-pandemic rush weakens exclusivity.

The “six headliners” was a bit of a misnomer anyway as the acts were staggered. The “headliner” on the second stage finished just before the headliner of the bigger one started.

Dress it up how you want that’s still a glorified sub IMO.

Said this in another thread but I’m wondering if Kendrick will actually be on the Sunday, and because he will play a shorter than usual set (as he typically does) they could squeeze another big act below him. Maybe a bigger than usual sub on the Sunday?

Guess that would open it up to someone like Mumford or whatever. Are the Foos busy on the Sunday?

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Said this in another thread but I’m wondering if Kendrick will actually be on the Sunday, and because he will play a shorter than usual set (as he typically does) they could squeeze another big act below him. Maybe a bigger than usual sub on the Sunday?

Guess that would open it up to someone like Mumford or whatever. Are the Foos busy on the Sunday?

He’ll get 90 mins at least.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hmm… Kendrick on the Sunday with a special guest sub would be fine for locals on the Sunday. Especially if Diana is there too.

Or they just won’t change the whole lineup because Taylor Swift isn’t playing like I said the other day 😂

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Or they just won’t change the whole lineup because Taylor Swift isn’t playing like I said the other day 😂

Hmm but we don’t know who was subbing Swift and it could have been a special guest (like some are saying Mumford).

Here’s a wild suggestion.

Kendrick closes the night, but before him we get an exclusive surprise set from one of Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Mumford & Sons, or heck even Adele.

Would a surprise set from Adele to promote the new album be that crazy? Even when she’s playing places like BST supposedly instead of stadiums etc. A summer televised show for the BBC in the bag there…

Just now, Gnomicide said:

I keep seeing these 'stories' but can never find any bookies actually taking bets.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

I think anyone with half a brain knows that’s a bad bet.

Annoyingly I’ve just looked at Coral and can’t see any odds anywhere.

I think this is definitely a bit strange though and suprefan hinted the other day something bizarre relate to Adele is happening. Adele absolutely loves the festival and in terms of someone popping up to surprise i don’t think it’s that remote.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think this is definitely a bit strange though and suprefan hinted the other day something bizarre relate to Adele is happening. Adele absolutely loves the festival and in terms of someone popping up to surprise i don’t think it’s that remote.

It is. The odds have tumbled because a load of people have seen that she’s got music coming out and thought “I bet she’s playing Glastonbury next year”. When you look at it rationally there’s very little chance of it actually happening.

Donyou think they’d book Billie Eilish if they had Adele lined up?

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I mean this with absolute sincerity: I would love to have your imagination sometimes Matt. Undeterred positive manifestions around the clock, it’s a gift.

Xxxxx keep it interesting on here

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

It is. The odds have tumbled because a load of people have seen that she’s got music coming out and thought “I bet she’s playing Glastonbury next year”. When you look at it rationally there’s very little chance of it actually happening.

Donyou think they’d book Billie Eilish if they had Adele lined up?

Yes. Of course.

Adele is a friend of the festival and she may just want to play rather than headline. Adele is all about promoting upcoming talent, and considering the rumours that she wants to shake things up with her live performances she may like the idea of a surprise set better…

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Our nearest and dearest Foals did exactly that in 2016 (and Disclosure were on the Other too)

I suppose the pitfall in my trio is that Royal Blood and Dave are likely R+L headliners for 2021. There was no Glasto competition this year, therefore no pushback, but we could be about to find out whether this ‘six headliner’ gambit + the post-pandemic rush weakens exclusivity.

Probably even a stronger chance for this kind of thing to occur given how long ago the festival sold out. Not a lot of Reading goers in 2022 were probably trying for glasto tickets in autumn 2019