Pyramid Subs 2022

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

All depends if they're trying to get 2020's lineup back for 2022 or if they've just ripped it all up completely and started again, knowing many of the same acts would be available as they've rescheduled anyway.

My theory is they gave the headliners and bigger acts first refusal then did the rest from scratch.

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

She might be, it'll be purely off the basis that she loves the fest, but it is possible. I just dont think it's a lock

Oh aye, definitely not a lock. Matt is way more confident than I. I'd peg it at 50/50.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

She might be, it'll be purely off the basis that she loves the fest, but it is possible. I just dont think it's a lock

I think Dua has confirmed herself multiple times in social media posts / said she’s going to be there so I think she’s just back. By a lock I mean how I personally see it - but yeah I’d be shocked if she wasn’t there - especially with her 2022 dates already. She’s literally touring around Glastonbury and has the whole weekend free.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Worth remembering RB played third down last time they were at the festival in 2017, they definitely haven't gotten any smaller since.

They're sub/Other headliner level now easily.

And had a huge crowd too.

Stepping up to sub the big one or even headline The Other isn’t out of the question. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I think Dua has confirmed herself multiple times in social media posts / said she’s going to be there so I think she’s just back. By a lock I mean how I personally see it - but yeah I’d be shocked if she wasn’t there - especially with her 2022 dates already. She’s literally touring around Glastonbury and has the whole weekend free.

Yeah but she goes every year as a punter anyway - she was there all of 2019 weekend and didn't even guest anywhere. She just loves the place...

6 hours ago, misterplow said:

Is Royal Blood still big enough to sub? (I sure hope not...very bland band). 

They were 3rd last time on Pyramid and nothing changed between then and now regarding status. 

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I guess if Paramore get their act together and release and album before then, they might be in with a shout? (Assuming they keep on down the more indie-pop direction)

I thought Paramore wasnt good enough for anyone over there despite having headlined Reading a couple times in the past. Re: Paramore, Hayley Williams still has 2 solo albums to tour on unless she has scrapped that all together and the band is the focus again. What is Glasto’s history on booking bands coming off a decent hiatus or reunions that arent headline status? LCD got Other Stage headline in 2016.

I still think Dua is coming back. Let her perform and she is a lock the following booking. Stormzy was Other Sub and headlined after the Fallow year, so this wouldnt be weird anyway.

Edited by Suprefan

7 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

They were 3rd last time on Pyramid and nothing changed between then and now regarding status. 

Eh? They released their second album the week of GF17, they announced on stage it got to #1. They’ve released another hugely successful album since.

They were playing academies in 2017. They are selling out arenas in 2022.

Edited by Hugh Jass

8 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

I would have thought he was too big to not be a headliner, but not big enough to headline the pointy one.

However he’s supporting RHCP so who knows.

Nah he really ain’t that big, especially in the U.K. He’ll be a somewhat weak headliner at Wireless, but if he were to play Glastonbury I could see him doing a Other sub or mid-Pyramid slot. 

Most likely just won’t be there at all though imo.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

I thought Paramore wasnt good enough for anyone over there despite having headlined Reading a couple times in the past. Re: Paramore, Hayley Williams still has 2 solo albums to tour on unless she has scrapped that all together and the band is the focus again. What is Glasto’s history on booking bands coming off a decent hiatus or reunions that arent headline status? LCD got Other Stage headline in 2016.

I still think Dua is coming back. Let her perform and she is a lock the following booking. Stormzy was Other Sub and headlined after the Fallow year, so this wouldnt be weird anyway.

I'd put her opposite Kenny, they are nothing alike. Or under Billie or Kenny. PSB opposite Kenny is a poor choice as they are very selected and aquired tastes.

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah but she goes every year as a punter anyway - she was there all of 2019 weekend and didn't even guest anywhere. She just loves the place...

I think she plays, she hasn't for will have been 5 years in the JP tent.

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Pet Shop Boys have had 44 top 40 singles.

What's the point here though? So they have songs that got inside the top 40. They've had 22 in the top 10 and only 4 of them were number 1's. How many more bands have had more than 4 number 1 singles.

Edited by thewayiam

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah he really ain’t that big, especially in the U.K. He’ll be a somewhat weak headliner at Wireless, but if he were to play Glastonbury I could see him doing a Other sub or mid-Pyramid slot. 

Most likely just won’t be there at all though imo.

I mean more from his perspective. He is really big globally I think, but yeah not quite at the level in the UK.

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

S Club 7 also had 4 number ones....

Nice to see my point is justified.

1 hour ago, Euphoricape said:

No chance of the original Fatboy slim other headline slot now? Also, Idles to sub QOTSA would be amazing. ☄

There is no chance of Idles subbing QOTSA. They might sub JP.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Think he could just be headlining wireless. He’s been booked to headline it before.

If Wireless book rocky again twitter will go beserk. They need to do female headliners after last years shitshow.