Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

One of them had a Middlesbrough shirt on, and they had a big Middlesbrough/England flag. Found out the other group were West Ham afterwards.

As for the Leicester v Derby incident...both sides were chanting their own teams name then went toe to toe on the street. 

Fair enough. Normally Tartan Army do a decent job of keeping club and international football separate, sad to hear that's not true with England. Though a couple of times Rangers players have been booed which has soured going to Scotland games for me a bit (that along with the fact they seem to keep increasing prices even though the football seems to be getting worse rather than better).

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

and to top it off I’ve now been pinged by the NHS app to self isolate for the next 9 days as I’ve came in close contact with someone on Sunday who has tested positive for COVID. 🤦‍♂️

Oh ffs … hopefully just the ping and not the c … total shit show 😞 

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

and to top it off I’ve now been pinged by the NHS app to self isolate for the next 9 days as I’ve came in close contact with someone on Sunday who has tested positive for COVID. 🤦‍♂️

My mate texted earlier to say he had a positive lateral flow today… expecting the ping any day now.

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

I do wonder how many positive COVID people were swarming around Wembley on Sunday. 🤦‍♂️

Tested negative this morning but I made my peace ahead of Sunday with the probabliloty of catching it.

Just hope it hurries up if it is coming, meant to be best man on a stag in two weeks’ time (the groom was also with us on Sunday).

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Tested negative this morning but I made my peace ahead of Sunday with the probabliloty of catching it.

Just hope it hurries up if it is coming, meant to be best man on a stag in two weeks’ time (the groom was also with us on Sunday).

Luckily my diary is fairly empty this month after all the games I’ve been to.

Just been speaking to mates who I was with on Sunday said they all either deleted the app or turned Bluetooth off so they didn’t get pinged. 🤨

10 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Ok, I've left this a couple of days as I stayed in London on Sunday night and then travelled back, and slept most of yesterday.

I got on a train from Oxford that was going directly to Wembley at around 12 noon on Sunday...when I got to Oxford station there were a lot of other people going to Wembley, but from listening to conversations there were not many with tickets, most of them were going to 'soak up the atmosphere' One group from Thame I spoke to there must have been about 15 of them they were booked in a pub back in Thame for the match but were just going down to Wembley to get 'fucking smashed' first.

As we got through the journey the train got more and more busy, and from High Wycombe onwards it was completly packed....idiots jumping about on the train shouting 'its coming home' every two seconds, drinking heavily, not wearing masks, opening snorting coke off keys/credit cards and general c**ty behaviour.

I was with two other friends and we were due to meet another two at our hotel entrance.....they met us about 1.30pm and had crossed over Wembley Way and showed us videos of it being like a warzone....bottles flying about, throwing beer, people urinating openly on the street, rubbish everywhere etc.

At that point we decided to stay at our hotel and had some food with some drink and watched the end of the tennis, I eventually went out onto by Wembley Way/Wembley Library at 6pm and by this point it was complete carnage...I'm sure you've seen most of the footage.  However by this point it was now a lot of drunk/coked up idiots rolling around on the floor, or being aggressive, and having seen all that we decided to go into the ground about 6.50pm.....we got to the COVID check where it was complete mayhem trying to get through the barriers with ticketless peoople trying to breach and poor stewards being made to feel indimitated by mindless idiots.

A lot of us were split apart in the ground, me and one other mate were entrance N, we were going past other entrances and it was all bottlenecked, people fighting, security and police streched to the point of not knowing what to do. 

As we got to our entrance it was about 7pm my mate said lets step back and see if it calms down....we went to the back of the outside concourse and looked over to see more people trying to get over barriers without tickets, others being dragged out who had no tickets and a big crowd trying to force open a disabled entrance.

We left it a few more minutes and then decided we just had to go for it and went to go in....no stewards on the gates, no stewards the other side, and no body check once in.... The reason why soon became apparent, because they were too busy rolling around on the floor with people who had got in without tickets and were being ejected. 

We got to our seats which were near the back of the lower tier...lots of people in the gangways without tickets. Our seats were at the front of the bulkhead so people were stood in front of us as they had no tickets, we repeatedly asked them to move or duck down a little so we could see....very annoying given we'd both spent north of £500 on a ticket. 

Just before the game started the guy who was in the seat to our right arrived, seemed ok to start with but then a british asian man came past in his england shirt and the guy says 'what's he fucking doing here, he's not even english' then when the teams were read out he called Raheem Sterling 'a fucking black c**t' , my mate was that disgusted with it he left our seats at half time and went and stood elsewhere.

The game happened and well not much to stay there, I immediatly went back to our hotel for drinks....and well I tried to sleep except I didn't get much due to the amount of people banging about in the corridors, shouting about which room they were in or going to...TVs on loud in other rooms all night, at one point I looked out of my room and there were two prostitutes trying to get into another room on my floor. Think I eventually got to sleep at 4am and had to get up at 8.30am to catch my train home.

Why was there no exclusion zone within a mile or so if you didn't have a ticket?  Why can't c**ts accept that if you don't have a ticket you can't go in?  Why do these people have to jump on the bandwagon at the exact point the entire world is watching and show how shameful we are as a nation again?  What is it with our country?  

I've been all over the world watching Arsenal and England and that was worse than some of the stuff I saw at the World Cup in 2006, and I notice people saying it was the minority, I don't think it was it was possibly even 50/50. 

c**ts the lot of them, ruin it for the rest of us and I don't think we deserve to host a World Cup now.

What a shitshow of a day out. 😞

This is such a depressing read. Gutted for you. Hope you managed to enjoy some of it.

What an embarrassment to our country these c**ts are.

11 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Ok, I've left this a couple of days as I stayed in London on Sunday night and then travelled back, and slept most of yesterday.

I got on a train from Oxford that was going directly to Wembley at around 12 noon on Sunday...when I got to Oxford station there were a lot of other people going to Wembley, but from listening to conversations there were not many with tickets, most of them were going to 'soak up the atmosphere' One group from Thame I spoke to there must have been about 15 of them they were booked in a pub back in Thame for the match but were just going down to Wembley to get 'fucking smashed' first.

As we got through the journey the train got more and more busy, and from High Wycombe onwards it was completly packed....idiots jumping about on the train shouting 'its coming home' every two seconds, drinking heavily, not wearing masks, opening snorting coke off keys/credit cards and general c**ty behaviour.

I was with two other friends and we were due to meet another two at our hotel entrance.....they met us about 1.30pm and had crossed over Wembley Way and showed us videos of it being like a warzone....bottles flying about, throwing beer, people urinating openly on the street, rubbish everywhere etc.

At that point we decided to stay at our hotel and had some food with some drink and watched the end of the tennis, I eventually went out onto by Wembley Way/Wembley Library at 6pm and by this point it was complete carnage...I'm sure you've seen most of the footage.  However by this point it was now a lot of drunk/coked up idiots rolling around on the floor, or being aggressive, and having seen all that we decided to go into the ground about 6.50pm.....we got to the COVID check where it was complete mayhem trying to get through the barriers with ticketless peoople trying to breach and poor stewards being made to feel indimitated by mindless idiots.

A lot of us were split apart in the ground, me and one other mate were entrance N, we were going past other entrances and it was all bottlenecked, people fighting, security and police streched to the point of not knowing what to do. 

As we got to our entrance it was about 7pm my mate said lets step back and see if it calms down....we went to the back of the outside concourse and looked over to see more people trying to get over barriers without tickets, others being dragged out who had no tickets and a big crowd trying to force open a disabled entrance.

We left it a few more minutes and then decided we just had to go for it and went to go in....no stewards on the gates, no stewards the other side, and no body check once in.... The reason why soon became apparent, because they were too busy rolling around on the floor with people who had got in without tickets and were being ejected. 

We got to our seats which were near the back of the lower tier...lots of people in the gangways without tickets. Our seats were at the front of the bulkhead so people were stood in front of us as they had no tickets, we repeatedly asked them to move or duck down a little so we could see....very annoying given we'd both spent north of £500 on a ticket. 

Just before the game started the guy who was in the seat to our right arrived, seemed ok to start with but then a british asian man came past in his england shirt and the guy says 'what's he fucking doing here, he's not even english' then when the teams were read out he called Raheem Sterling 'a fucking black c**t' , my mate was that disgusted with it he left our seats at half time and went and stood elsewhere.

The game happened and well not much to stay there, I immediatly went back to our hotel for drinks....and well I tried to sleep except I didn't get much due to the amount of people banging about in the corridors, shouting about which room they were in or going to...TVs on loud in other rooms all night, at one point I looked out of my room and there were two prostitutes trying to get into another room on my floor. Think I eventually got to sleep at 4am and had to get up at 8.30am to catch my train home.

Why was there no exclusion zone within a mile or so if you didn't have a ticket?  Why can't c**ts accept that if you don't have a ticket you can't go in?  Why do these people have to jump on the bandwagon at the exact point the entire world is watching and show how shameful we are as a nation again?  What is it with our country?  

I've been all over the world watching Arsenal and England and that was worse than some of the stuff I saw at the World Cup in 2006, and I notice people saying it was the minority, I don't think it was it was possibly even 50/50. 

c**ts the lot of them, ruin it for the rest of us and I don't think we deserve to host a World Cup now.

What a shitshow of a day out. 😞

This sounds an absolute nightmare.

I cannot understand why there was no exclusion area around the ground

When I went to watch Wales in Euro 16, you couldn’t get near some of the grounds in France without a ticket. Each ticket was checked numerous times as you got closer to the ground.

26 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

Found this interesting/depressing... just glad I couldn't get tickets in the end. Can't see us ever hosting anything like this in the future unless drastic changes are made but dickheads are always gonna be dickheads I suppose.

Good watch, they could have done separate segments on the general anti social behaviour going on all day in central London and by the ground if they wanted to it was that bad.

Sorry to hear it was such a terrible experience.

Where were the police? Surely they should have had at least as much of a presence as at a peaceful vigil for a woman murdered by one of their own… And should be protecting the public as much as their favourite statue?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, duke88 said:

Everyone I know who has been at Wembley over the last couple of weeks is now having to isolate.

Day 3 since positive test and i feel like utter shit, the stats from how many people caught it at wembley is going to be massive i reckon. 

54 minutes ago, Homer said:

I did an LTR test yesterday and came back negative, so fingers crossed. Will do another in a few days. Hope everyone else has a similar outcome!

I did a LTR test last night and it came back negative and I've just been into Oxford to a mobile unit to do a PCR.

Must admit, whilst I don't feel sick as such I do have a massive headache and feeling of lethargic!

55 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I did a LTR test last night and it came back negative and I've just been into Oxford to a mobile unit to do a PCR.

Must admit, whilst I don't feel sick as such I do have a massive headache and feeling of lethargic!

If its anything like me and my pal then we showed symptoms 4 days after the semi final so it might not be until tomorrow that anyone at the final starts to show it. Fingers crossed that isnt the case for you.

23 minutes ago, RossTC said:

If its anything like me and my pal then we showed symptoms 4 days after the semi final so it might not be until tomorrow that anyone at the final starts to show it. Fingers crossed that isnt the case for you.

Yeh I hope so...typical just as the weather goes nice too! (luckily I have a garden!)