West Holts 2022

CaledonianGonzo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/23/2021 at 9:26 AM, gigpusher said:

I'd love to see Little Simz headline West Holts next year. Think it'd be amazing for her and us (if I'm lucky enough to get a ticket!) 

I think it should be noted for the record just how long I have been banging the drum for this one to happen and West Holts bookers if you got the idea from me find a way for me to get a cheeky backdoor link in the resale as a thank you!! 😄

• 4 weeks later...

Simz, Bicep and one of Kiwanuka or Leon Bridges imo.

The Specials seem to be getting a few predictions but does WH ever even have ska on it? I remember people putting Madness down for it in 2016, too, after the first poster drop, and found that strange.

Just now, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

The Specials seem to be getting a few predictions but does WH ever even have ska on it? I remember people putting Madness down for it in 2016, too, after the first poster drop, and found that strange.

Specials were down for Pyramid in 2020 right? If they’re rebooked I imagine they’ll be back there again rather than on WH.

But yeah, think there needs to be an oldie on there for sure. Don’t think there’s been a year in a long time without a heritage type act headlining one night. 

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

That's true. But I'm not sure who is touring that would be a more 'heritage' WH headliner.

There was fuck all about when I tried looking. I saw Sister Sledge were about and wondered if they could do it but their slots at other festivals made them seem too small for it.

Chaka Khan was lined up for it in 2020, weren’t she? Think she’s exclusive somewhere else, though. Love Supreme or whatever it’s called, maybe.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Specials were down for Pyramid in 2020 right? If they’re rebooked I imagine they’ll be back there again rather than on WH.

But yeah, think there needs to be an oldie on there for sure. Don’t think there’s been a year in a long time without a heritage type act headlining one night. 

Yeah they were, I also think they’ll be back on the Pyramid.

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

There was fuck all about when I tried looking. I saw Sister Sledge were about and wondered if they could do it but their slots at other festivals made them seem too small for it.

Chaka Khan was lined up for it in 2020, weren’t she? Think she’s exclusive somewhere else, though. Love Supreme or whatever it’s called, maybe.

Spaffed this. Erykah Badu, not Chaka Khan 💀

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Was Isley Brothers for the oldie in 2020.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Was Isley Brothers for the oldie in 2020.

Yeah, sorry worded that poorly, someone said Erykah Badu or Chaka Khan (can’t remember which) was lined up for it in 2020 but seemingly dabbed down and was replaced before the lineup dropped.

7 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Sister Sledge dates

AB58DE03-2993-4A12-B208-AFFE7943B26F.png

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Think TLC are still looking likely for Glasto. Not sure where they were lined up for in 2020.

6 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

This is a bit of a non-answer considering they were a no show, but Toots and the Maytals were on the bill for 2017, so ska and West Holts has a precedent.