West Holts 2022

CaledonianGonzo

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Pyramid for Simz!

Did anyone see her on WH a few years back?  I missed it, but I seem to remember hearing she struggled a bit.

I thought she last played the Park? I was torn between a Pyramid slot and a headline slot. I can see the value of both but would personally love her as a headliner to see her going for it after dark.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

RIP Shock G

Now getting busy in a Burger King bathroom in heaven.

It always amuses me that Humpty Dance makes it into the audition medley for Sing, obviously the crocodile stops before he starts calling fat girls ticklish or whatever but still.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Pyramid for Simz!

Did anyone see her on WH a few years back?  I missed it, but I seem to remember hearing she struggled a bit.

Saw her at WH. Certainly nervous. And she swore a lot. Me and Mrs Q still reminisce about the amount of swearing. 

Saw her at the Park last time and it was a different performance that is for sure, absolute sublime 

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

His new album is really strong. I'd actually see more of a high JP slot being likely, maybe even Other.

Think he's a touch too dark for WH and Pyramid. But has bangers and will draw people in.

I need to check that out then, need some new music to refresh my current rotation, I'd definitely be drawn in. He'd put on a decent light show so JP could work.

2 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Saw her at WH. Certainly nervous. And she swore a lot. Me and Mrs Q still reminisce about the amount of swearing. 

Saw her at the Park last time and it was a different performance that is for sure, absolute sublime 

Yeah I saw her at West Holts 2016. Bare in mind this was when it was just her and her DJ and yet to release Stillness in Wonderland and Grey Area. She was very much still finding her feet but still good to see her. Seen her since at the Roundhouse and she was fantastic.

7 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Yeah I saw her at West Holts 2016. Bare in mind this was when it was just her and her DJ and yet to release Stillness in Wonderland and Grey Area. She was very much still finding her feet but still good to see her. Seen her since at the Roundhouse and she was fantastic.

aye, you could certainly see the growth in her and the talent evolving between the 2 performances, which is great to see in an artist

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

I'd love to see Mdou Moctar on WH.

I saw Mdou in a tiny club in Edinburgh a few years back and it was pretty odd. He played 20 minutes or so then left the stage, walked through the crowd and into a venue back room where he stayed for the rest of the performance, only coming back out to join his band for the last couple of numbers.

Tuareg Mark E Smith.