West Holts 2022

CaledonianGonzo

48 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Bonobo, Leon Bridges and Khruangbin seem like contenders too.

I didn't even see Bonobo. Shame i probably won't get to either but still 😄 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Reckon Bonobo could be a Park headliner myself. Don’t think he’s really  gone up in the ranks enough to headline WH, especially the same year Bicep are probably doing it. 

Yeah, seems like we're down a couple of Park headliners too with London Grammar and Manic Street Preachers not being there. I suppose Four Tet is another Park/West Holts contender?

• 2 weeks later...

Really looking forward to ( hopefully) seeing Celeste on the WH. Most likely mid afternoon i reckon or a sunset set which would suit.  Already confirmed for here but reckon Avalon headline would have been best.

Step forward the next female star 

15 minutes ago, ghandi said:

Really looking forward to ( hopefully) seeing Celeste on the WH. Most likely mid afternoon i reckon or a sunset set which would suit.  Already confirmed for here but reckon Avalon headline would have been best.

Step forward the next female star 

She’s already confirmed that she’s playing at 5.30pm 

I think Yola will be announced on the second run of names ( hoping anyway). Shes doing Rokslide on June 30th and two UK dates in July. Saw her in the Avalon 2019. Grammy nominated and surpised she was not on the first list. Seems  natural gradualation from Avalon to West Holts 🤞

Edited by ghandi

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Beautiful 😍 

A music tip from radio four at 3am this morning might be worth searching for maya on BBC sounds to hear her talk about how music is her home also very beautiful. 

Edited by Neil

4 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Arooj Aftab playing the Barbican on Friday 17th June. No hotter world music act around at the moment.

I thought she was somewhere else but checked and No she is not 😃

Caught her on this tour  absolutely sublime I was mesmerised 

Edited by fred quimby

6 minutes ago, nikkic said:

So Simz and Bicep take two of the three spots. 

Do we reckon the third headliner is there or will they be announced later? 

Somebody on here spoke to Bonobo and he said he’s playing West Holts Friday night. Didn’t say whether he was headlining or not, but I imagine he must be.

6 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

She was due to be doing a show in the States on that same date, but seems her plans have changed. Fingers crossed there's a Worthy reason for that.

Ah thanks for confirming I am not going mad. 

Sunny afternoon on the farm is the dream. Plays with a harpists and double bass 

1 minute ago, fred quimby said:

Sunset set would be great

Is what he did in 2014 and has only gotten bigger since. There’s a chance he could still be a sub, but tbh with a lack of any other obvious WH headliners on the lineup I’d say he fits the bill. I suppose they struggled to secure the usual funk/soul/disco oldie that they’ve had most years so had to go for another electronic act.

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Is what he did in 2014 and has only gotten bigger since. There’s a chance he could still be a sub, but tbh with a lack of any other obvious WH headliners on the lineup I’d say he fits the bill. I suppose they struggled to secure the usual funk/soul/disco oldie that they’ve had most years so had to go for another electronic act.

Yea true  I can dream. 

Little Simz is the consensus Saturday then?

Bicep Sunday