West Holts 2022

CaledonianGonzo

12 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I note that Seun Kuti is playing with Yasiin Bey later on in the summer, Yasiin still owes Glastonbury a performance after ducking out in 2010. It'd be great to see him there one way or another.

Already on @Brave Sir Robins playlist, which normally indicates something, ah actually those tracks are all Seun Kuti

Edited by clarkete

Surprised to hear Bonobo is subbing after I was so adamant about him not! If he is though i can't see him subbing Leon Bridges, makes me think Little Simz is more likely Friday now if Leon is headlining. If Little Simz is Saturday can see it more likely Four Tet headlining. Can see Khruangbin after Bonobo more than Leon Bridges to be honest.

Because we have so many potential Friday headliners (Four Tet, Khruangbin, Phoebe Bridgers etc.) my guess is that Simz is Saturday and we have Four Tet headlining West Holts Friday, and that Leon Bridges might actually be subbing Little Simz on Saturday.

Edited by Acid_Haze

Sorry to be that person but has bonobo actually grown in size since he last played? He played last in his peak (imo) and I don’t think because he played a certain slot last time he has to get a higher one next time?

A note that Dua Lipa played the exact same slot in 2016 and 2017 after releasing “new rules”.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Sorry to be that person but has bonobo actually grown in size since he last played? He played last in his peak (imo) and I don’t think because he played a certain slot last time he has to get a higher one since?

A note that Dua Lipa played the exact same slot in 2016 and 2017 after releasing “new rules”.

He was touring an album that reached #34 in the charts in 2014 whereas his latest two albums have reached #5 so by that metric, yeah he’s bigger, although tbh I don’t think it matters all that much. He very much plays ‘mood music’ which is perfect for a sunset setting so him subbing again just makes sense before a headliner brings the party. 

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Sorry to be that person but has bonobo actually grown in size since he last played? He played last in his peak (imo) and I don’t think because he played a certain slot last time he has to get a higher one next time?

Think so. His last two albums reached number 5 in the charts. His last album before his 2014 slot reached number 34. I see loads of people listening to him/talking about him these days, never did back then.

He is bigger than he was in 2014, 1 night at ally pally in 2014 and 5 nights at Royal albert hall in 2022, but we do have info that he's subbing Friday anyway. I was just saying i can't see him subbing Leon Bridges or Khruangbin but can see him subbing Four Tet or Little Simz.

Edited by Acid_Haze

26 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Simz subbed by Bonobo on Friday, Four Tet headlining JP that night.

Leon Bridges headline Saturday.

Can see this, and Khruangbin heading the park. Though could see Khruangbin dabbed down to a Park sub or West Holts 3rd down

24 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Can see this, and Khruangbin heading the park. Though could see Khruangbin dabbed down to a Park sub or West Holts 3rd down

Khruangbin were on Park in 2020 so I imagine they’ll still be there. They were probably like 3rd down at the time I reckon so I guess it depends on how much they’ve actually bumped up the acts who’ve been rolled forward. 

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I think so, his new album is brilliant and the current tour is selling really well.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I noticed Kikagaku Moyo are playing in London the Sunday and Monday of Glasto weekend (billed as their final London shows) and appear to be free between 22nd June and then. 

Wondering if they could be booked for an early ish slot on West Holts on Fri or Sat, similar to Acid Mothers Temple slot in 2019?

I'm just trying to will this into existence here... would love to see it

On 3/26/2022 at 5:21 PM, Matt42 said:

My guess

Little Simz

Leon Bridges

Bicep

as headliners.

Maybe swap days for Little Simz / Leon Bridges but can’t see beyond that now.

Just looking back at past WH headliners Leon Bridges doesn't seem to sit right with me on gut feeling and purely because it already seems like two contemporary headline act are nailed down and the older / legendary type act seems to be missing from current lineup. e.g. George Clinton, Earth Wind + Fire, Bryan Ferry, The Jacksons, Wu-tang, Chic...

8 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Just looking back at past WH headliners Leon Bridges doesn't seem to sit right with me on gut feeling and purely because it already seems like two contemporary headline act are nailed down and the older / legendary type act seems to be missing from current lineup. e.g. George Clinton, Earth Wind + Fire, Bryan Ferry, The Jacksons, Wu-tang, Chic...

Iirc there aren’t any contenders for the ‘oldie’ type WH headliners touring around the time which is why we’re all so clueless as to who the third could be, and they may well have had to go with a more contemporary act because they couldn’t secure one. 

41 minutes ago, 87 BEANS said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I noticed Kikagaku Moyo are playing in London the Sunday and Monday of Glasto weekend (billed as their final London shows) and appear to be free between 22nd June and then. 

Wondering if they could be booked for an early ish slot on West Holts on Fri or Sat, similar to Acid Mothers Temple slot in 2019?

I'm just trying to will this into existence here... would love to see it

Ooh excellent would be nice to see them one last time.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

What happened to the Isley Bros? Can see they have US dates in May and July, but nothing in June.

If they'd been re-announced for Love Supreme then we'd probably expect them, but it appears that they're not coming over here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2022 at 5:55 PM, Acid_Haze said:

Surprised to hear Bonobo is subbing after I was so adamant about him not! If he is though i can't see him subbing Leon Bridges, makes me think Little Simz is more likely Friday now if Leon is headlining. If Little Simz is Saturday can see it more likely Four Tet headlining. Can see Khruangbin after Bonobo more than Leon Bridges to be honest.

Because we have so many potential Friday headliners (Four Tet, Khruangbin, Phoebe Bridgers etc.) my guess is that Simz is Saturday and we have Four Tet headlining West Holts Friday, and that Leon Bridges might actually be subbing Little Simz on Saturday.

I thought Four Tet was more likely for JP/Park headline slot