Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

All the other problems aside.

Has that amazing kebab stand that used to be in the main food hall gone? I can’t see it this year and it was an absolute staple of Primavera. They were the secret headliners every year for me. Best goddamn Kebabs on earth.

9 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Gonna be an absolute shitshow for Disclosure/The Smile/Wet Leg/any popular act, isn’t it? Like, this was just for Dinosaur Jr who I wouldn’t even consider that popular. Was there for Faye Webster yesterday and it seemed busy as hell and that was just for a relatively small act early doors. 

2 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Jesus christ. An extra 30,000 would be total chaos. 

Okay, that means that if they had been at full capacity they would have had 3 water fountains for 95k people. Without the option of bringing in any water. Cool. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Gonna be an absolute shitshow for Disclosure/The Smile/Wet Leg/any popular act, isn’t it? Like, this was just for Dinosaur Jr who I wouldn’t even consider that popular. Was there for Faye Webster yesterday and it seemed busy as hell and that was just for a relatively small act early doors. 

Much as I like Dinosaur Jr, you’re right about their appeal. When they played a few years ago you could saunter up to the front. Wet Leg today will be a real test. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Disclosure and The Smile playing Cupra is laughable. You'd need to get there long, long before either of those start to get a spot for them.

25 minutes ago, spoiledff7 said:

D3ECE44B-426C-44B3-957E-23CCA0DFC8CF.png

even if what they're saying is sound and true... why would you state that. what kind of PR is this? who even let this happen in the first place? did no one ever think, for once, how the festival isn't prepared for this number of attendances? 

Edited by young_contra

2 minutes ago, young_contra said:

even if what they're saying is sound and true... why would you state that. what kind of PR is this? who even let this happen in the first place? did no one ever thought, for once, how the festival isn't prepared for this number of attendances? 

Yeah it seems like they are just bragging on how they are not really that greedy and capacity could be way bigger, which is amazingly stupid PR. I don't think they will have that many extra people, not even for w2 strokes day which will see the w1 Friday day tickets owners coming.

1 hour ago, Toooom97 said:

No I wasn't talking about the "real" entrance of the festival but the "gate" just before which opened at 4 yesterday... I find it weird that there wasn't a clear indication regarding the entrance of the Auditori to attend the first show...!

Yeah we found this really confusing.

Am going to do everything in my power not to look at the Cave setlist! Arrgh. In all the drama I forgot he was even playing tomorrow.

28 minutes ago, Jamm said:

All the other problems aside.

Has that amazing kebab stand that used to be in the main food hall gone? I can’t see it this year and it was an absolute staple of Primavera. They were the secret headliners every year for me. Best goddamn Kebabs on earth.

Not sure if it's the same one, but there was a kebab stall in the food court last night

1 minute ago, neacaisa said:

Yeah it seems like they are just bragging on how they are not really that greedy and capacity could be way bigger, which is amazingly stupid PR. I don't think they will have that many extra people, not even for w2 strokes day which will see the w1 Friday day tickets owners coming.

Exactly. Read the room. Absolutely NO ONE benefits from knowing that there's room (according to them) for more people.

2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

They had to focus more on their own organisation instead on focussing to expand the festival worldwide. 

It's possible to do both, not sure where the connection is beyond your interest to expand criticism.

Yesterday was a shit show, some people around here had reasonable doubts that were confirmed.

Frankly, service at bars is the only they can improve (not sure if this is possible in 24 hours though). Festival is mega crowded, and there's no step back for that.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I’m usually one of the biggest defenders of the festival having had a superb experience year after year after year.

But they’ve messed up the basics. Right royally screwed up.

I can’t see realistically how they can improve things (eg who are they kidding that they’ll be able to get extra staff at no notice!).

I suspect they will learn from their mistakes, go back to what works and next year will be good again but already feel this year is doomed to being comfortably the worst edition.

The saddest thing that not everyone have the opportunity to go next year. This year fest is the only opportunity and it’s a frickin shit show on what they called as “the 20 year edition, the best of the best”. God dammnit I’m pissed off as hell