Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

In love with PS since 2014 and keep coming back. Nevertheless, this year is feels different. Band still good, but the ambience is weird, uncomfortable, scary..especially with all of high emotion in the queue (bar, water, toilet). Overcrowded for sure, my wife almost pass out during Dinosaur JR (eventho we stand in way behind from stage). And IDK,  a lot of the crowd is big A-hole, especially in the Tram home, where several British guys was elbowing my wife in order to get spot in the crammed Tram, and they laugh without even apologizing.

F##K, the festival that I love most is becoming shit show.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Found 30-40 of these after a quick search on Twitter this morning. Bar queues and the water issue can be fixed within a day (or can it?), overcrowding is a far more serious concern. But the organizers has to do something right? If God forbid, somebody get hurt, they cant say they werent warned. 

Regarding the drinks situation; of course everyone will now smuggle in a few drinks to use at the most crowded hours. Also might start a riot if they check bags too carefully. 

After catching Dinosaur jr it was kind of impossible to get a decent spot at SvE. I tried to listen to a couple of songs but might as well listen to her at home instead. The live experience doesn't work if you can barely hear the music. So instead I tried to find the bar with the shortest queues and there it took me exactly one hour to get drinks. 

The Armed and Carolina Durante was easily the most entertaining gigs of my evening. Super loud and energetic. Decided not to see Pavement as it didnt make sense to seek out the most crowded areas at that point. 100 gecs was ok for a laugh I guess and Black Midi did a strong performance, really getting the crowd going when  entering the stage to Saoko by Rosalia. 

I think to enjoy the festival now one has to be tactical with choosing stages and how to move around etc. 

I was complaining to my mates about how this fest - which I’ve loved every year and regarded as comfortable and breezy - has suddenly become a Fyre Festival but they were having a great time still. 

I only saw Kacey / Charli / Rina due to crowds. Tous Stage took an age to get to  

more pics on Instagram

F745686A-0443-48ED-B6CE-375FAC1F2D0A.jpeg

D945EC3A-35B5-4C1D-BB17-5F0728FB78A2.jpeg

34F9B7A8-6BFF-4445-8822-0F3123E43067.jpeg

Edited by RaphPH
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, pne094 said:

Found 30-40 of these after a quick search on Twitter this morning. Bar queues and the water issue can be fixed within a day (or can it?), overcrowding is a far more serious concern. But the organizers has to do something right? If God forbid, somebody get hurt, they cant say they werent warned. 

Yup there’s hundreds

53 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

I was complaining to my mates about how this fest - which I’ve loved every year and regarded as comfortable and breezy - has suddenly become a Fyre Festival but they were having a great time still. 

I only saw Kacey / Charli / Rina due to crowds. Tous Stage took an age to get to  

more pics on Instagram

They are really great photos. 

• Thanks 1

While we had  a disagreement in this forum about artist cancellation, VIP setting (which is total shite.. my wife almost missed all SVE set due to drinks queue IN THE VIP section..good lord), etc etc. I think we all are agree this the shitiest Primavera ever. Artist still great, but Seems they just lost their magic and feels like any other shitshow festival

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DDave said:

So who's set are we missing half of tonight? 

Low. No way you can do both them and autechre. 
the previously long, s-shaped line for Kim Gordon just collapsed after a while in a bottleneck. Nobody from the security there to direct the flow of people they just didn’t care. People just arrived got in before people who were there from 40 minutes (who maybe didn’t make it at all). Besides this I haven’t experienced very bad crowding by sacrificing some parts of the sets to move away before people 

1 hour ago, RaphPH said:

more pics on Instagram

Great photos mate. which camera and lens did you use?

So in traditional first night of Primavera fashion, lost my phone, lost all my shit and ended up way too fucked, but thankfully thanks to some very nice people I got (most of) it back. 

Yeah, yesterday was a shit show. Queues for the bars were just a constant nightmare to the point that I just stopped bothering, and the water fountain queues were also ridiculous. Next Friday is gonna be ludicrously busy now that they’re letting extra people in - not looking forward to that at all.

Saddens me to say after all this time but definitely felt like some of the magic of previous years was missing in favour of corporate greed and general shit organisation. Hope they make some effort to sort shit out a bit today - they’re getting a hell of a telling off all over socials.