Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Foreman got 40% of the profits from the grill sales, more than anyone else including the inventor. Didn’t he have a personal responsibility to put on goggles and be involved in the extensive testing process to make sure the grills were safe?

Again, the performer is not an expert in security (and is busy performing). It doesn’t make sense that the performer is given the responsibility to stop a show.

Not when the grill would have existed without him, no. It might have been a flop, but it would have been someone else's lean mean machine. He was approached to be a name and a name only, he did not approach somebody to help him make a grill. If that was the case he would absolutely be (partially) responsible for the grill's safety, yes.

5 minutes ago, misterplow said:

That set of headliners would be incredible. 

Agreed, let's go back to talking bands and not grills. 

Edited by BenG92

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Again, the performer is not an expert in security (and is busy performing). It doesn’t make sense that the performer is given the responsibility to stop a show.

No, but the performer remains a human being and I don't think it's acceptable to keep performing when people are getting badly hurt right in front of you.

4 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Not when the grill would have existed without him, no. It might have been a flop, but it would have been someone else's lean mean machine. He was approached to be a name and a name only, he did not approach somebody to help him make a grill. If that was the case he would absolutely be (partially) responsible for the grill's safety, yes.

Agreed, let's go back to talking bands and not grills. 

Ha, yeah changing tack who do we think will join the stage for the show of, um, G’rillaz?

Little Simz. Slowthai. Anyone else?

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Ha, yeah changing tack who do we think will join the stage for the show of, um, G’rillaz?

I feel like Simz must be nailed on to do verses in Feel Good Inc. after this cover:

Would be amazing. 

If Damon can get Nick Cave to step in for something that would be a real mind-blower. 

35 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Guessing it may vary slightly between the two weekends depending on who’s about. 

Can’t say I’m massively excited over seeing Gorillaz as my only live experience with them was them bombing at Glastonbury in 2010, but I’m willing to give them another shot. Need to give their latest stuff a proper listen as well.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Guessing it may vary slightly between the two weekends depending on who’s about. 

Can’t say I’m massively excited over seeing Gorillaz as my only live experience with them was them bombing at Glastonbury in 2010, but I’m willing to give them another shot. Need to give their latest stuff a proper listen as well.

I'm one of the few people who enjoyed that performance I think. Mind you, it was beautiful weather, I was pissed and with my best mates so it might have been more that than anything. The vibes were good that year!

4 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Bear in mind Plastic Beach had JUST come out and frontloaded the setlist. Stylo, Rhinestone Eyes, Melancholy Hill etc. hadn't had time to mature in peoples' minds and will be a big part of their Prima set. 

Yeah I realise it was a total outlier as they had to quickly throw the show together and call in all the guests last minute. Haven’t had much interest in anything they’ve done since Plastic Beach (iirc their comeback album was a bit of a dud) but gonna go in with an open mind as their live shows seem to get largely rave reviews.

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They've significantly upped their live show, was stellar at Boardmasters last year. Seriously impressive show - they love bringing out guests too

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Perfume have cancelled.

Wonder how many more have lost their nerve to tour.

It's really unchartered territory. I just don't know what will/would happen if a major headliner comes down with covid a few days before. 

I'm beyond bummed that covid is trending up in the US in terms of all of this man

I've just looked at an old Clashfinder and the main stages seem to start around 18:00 or 19:00 with others starting a bit earlier around 16:00 or 17:00 and one seeming start at 11:00! I'm sure others can answer this better (this will be my first visit...).

There also seem to be an awful lot of acts on the clashfinder... are we still expecting quite a bit to be announced?

Sad news.

Cancellations getting a tad ridiculous already and I expect the two weeks before the festival to bring about a lot more. 

If Kacey and Tokischa have also dropped out (plus Connan Mockasin, OM we’re never officially announced by PS either), it would nearly make more sense to merge the two weekends than try to replace them all (not that it could logistically happen at this point of course).  

I’m sure they have regrets of announcing such a complete line-up so far in advance. Very hard to believe I’ll be beginning my journey in just 4 and a half weeks, the lack of communication just makes it all feel a bit farcical to me 😑