Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Surely there's a chance that theyre just holding off on announcing a MA replacement coz they want to do a separate announcement for it? Theyve replaced other artists with much less notice, so would be weird if they didn't do the same here. I wouldn't even mind if they replaced them with some slightly smaller acts, like I dunno... Spiritualized and MBV for example

Yeah, I'm still confident they'll be an MA replacement. Wouldn't read anything at all into this announcement. 

A headliner replacement deserves its own news briefing.

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

All jokes aside tho, is Kendrick that unrealistic a booking for the future? I mean theyve managed to get Tyler the Creator and Travis Scott to perfom, who are also both pretty huge in Hip Hop circles

For the future? Not at all, new album in a few weeks. Said it before but I expect 2023 to be something like

Kendrick / NIN / Massive Attack / Bjork / Arcade Fire

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

All jokes aside tho, is Kendrick that unrealistic a booking for the future? I mean theyve managed to get Tyler the Creator and Travis Scott to perfom, who are also both pretty huge in Hip Hop circles

He's probably a pretty reasonable contender for next year. Though there are a lot of those already... 

41 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

I originally was of the view that W1 was much stronger than W2 but since the first announcement I think this may have changed. 

W1 (OUT - Brockhampton, Turnstile etc) 

W2 (IN - YYYs, The Smile, Phoenix etc) 

Weekend 2 ain't got the National so it's playing catch up from the start! 

I think we'll get the Massive Attack replacement in the next fortnight or so. Probably someone slightly smaller but not insultingly so.

It's crazy IMO to give them grief over this; it's only been a month since they cancelled and a headliner is always the hardest act to find replacements for.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I think we'll get the Massive Attack replacement in the next fortnight or so. Probably someone slightly smaller but not insultingly so.

It's crazy IMO to give them grief over this; it's only been a month since they cancelled and a headliner is always the hardest act to find replacements for.

Then do not post a new poster with no new name on it maybe?? 😅

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Ha, on the poster it's noticeable that they didn't bump anyone up or put Fred Again on the top line.

Still think it's horrible messaging to do all this today with zero mention of an MA replacement, if they really intend to replace them. IMO today was them telling us there's no replacement, but we will see. 

Mad Cool 22 is another level of bad PR but at least their poster has that little asterisk on the poster let you know something is coming. 

3 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

At this point I'm sure there will not be a replacement.

I was wrong about many things many times, and I hope that I continue to be, but I don't see who they'd pull on such short notice in the craziest year in recent festival history.

They replaced Migos and Cardi B at less notice.

And when Frank Ocean cancelled with a week's notice, they offered refunds (which they didn't have to do).

Keep the faith...