Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

8 minutes ago, Float said:

😬yikes.

Who said they got greedy this year? I said I find it disheartening to only see adverts for other editions and not much talk about BCN given it’s only a few weeks away. 

And who said they’re expecting 2023 headliners this year? Haha, on the contrary I said I find it unlikely as time goes on that they’ll announce an act like Bjork or Arcade Fire, using their stature as an example. 

It’s five weeks away and they’ll be a tonne of focus on BCN now. Guaranteed!

5 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

On the other hand, unfortunately, 33EMYBW, Connan Mockasin, Cuban Doll, Jessica Pratt, Jane Fitz, Joan Shelley, King Princess, Núria Graham, OM, Perfume, Tokischa and Turnstile will finally not perform at Primavera Sound Barcelona 

yo how they gonna remove Jessica Pratt like that!! wtf

Fair play to Napalm Death, they were announced last summer in the original 2022 poster, dropped out with the updates in December and are now back on board. I’m not too fussed about any of the other acts dropping out but losing Turnstile and Massive Attack with no replacements that I’m keen on is disappointing. 

• Upvote 1

No Turnstile is a huge shame. The extra Wet Leg / Rina gigs on the 1st are a nice bonus (unless that was already announced and I missed it). Really hope Turnstile aren't just pulling out of EU, supposed to be at Rock Werchter as well. 

Guess there's no MA replacement after all. Pretty poor showing. Guess Dinosaur Jr. are my third headliners now. 

1 hour ago, TiltedBrain said:

Our Booking host has cancelled our apartment and left the booking platform. 

The price of accom accross the city is killing me, we got a 6 person apartment in Poblenou in 2018 for 5 nights for like 1400, the price now for the equivalent is like 4500. 

Anybody got any recommendations of areas, or bargains out there that make sense? 

6 of us again, but fine splitting up if its reasonable. 

We booked about 9 months ago and even then it was tough to find anywhere affordable for 5 of us in Poblenou area. Had a few we enquired but no replies from owners and then they were gone next day so obvs lots were chasing them.

We ended up a bit further away just past Glories / top of A. Diagonal ....... sucked up the extra distance this timefor the less cost, was about £600 for 4 nights 3 bed / 3 bathroom apartment. Happy that my owner confirmed all good yesterday.

Good luck , hope you get sorted

Edited by thespiral
  • Like 1