Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, unodosseb said:

From these lineups could Pixies or Mitski perhaps fill the gaps that Massive Attack left for the barcelona edition?

Pixies tour doesn’t start until later in June, so whilst not impossible, probably unlikely they’d up and start it early just for Primavera. Mitski seems pretty booked up already, but again, not impossible if they throw a bunch of money at her. 

17 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

bwu0n7vca3w81.jpg

All I really see is a watered down version on Barcelona. The venues don't look as unique as the Forum either.

It's not bad but I prefer Porto and most of all it's just not very fresh and exciting (although shout out for the legend that is Gal Costa)

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

This the first festival to book/announce Travis since Astroworld?

Yes. Cause he likely wont be announced as Kanye's Rolling Loud replacement til the last minute. And then be announced for another Rolling Loud in the U.S. later on. Live Nation are taking the risk here, just off book. The worst thing is that one of his performance dats is 1 year to the day of Astroworld. Talk about being insensisitve.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hard agree. This seems like a dumb decision. Like, I know we can’t expect the guy to be cancelled forever, but this seems incredibly soon and looks pretty bad on the organisers. Surely he’s just gonna end up getting removed?

No way he'll get removed. Like it or not, he'll be back on an album promo cycle asap. 

Just now, jannybruck said:

Bjork will almost certainly be doing next year with the new album, like NIN they wouldn't put her on a slot at an already sold out festival when she can easily help shift tickets for next year.

I'm not sure. I think they might conclude she's a fair replacement for MA and it's their 20th anniversary. Bigger issue might be getting her whole entourage to Spain.

5 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Listening to Travis Scott now to see what the hype is.

Its not very good imo.

Ha, I'm finding it very hard to match this comment with your image of Kanye.

Travis has made some good stuff. I think he has kind of become a specific sound to the point he sounds trapped in it and it really has grown stale, but his stuff has been crazily influential in the world of trap for quite some time now. Astroworld was a genuinely strong and quite singular rap record.

Edited by KGeedora
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KGeedora said:

Ha, I'm finding it very hard to match this comment with your image of Kanye.

Travis has made some good stuff. I think he has kind of become a specific sound to the point he sounds trapped in it and it really has grown stale, but his stuff has been crazily influential in the world of trap for quite some time now. Astroworld was a genuinely strong and quite singular rap record.

Is trap mumble rapping?

I think maybe I just don't like mumble rap.

Guess it's like Marmite, you love it or hate it 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

I would be disappointed if we don’t get at least some arctic monkeys or bjork as a replacement given they do multiple shows for them I mean does really all the money MA would have get suck so much? 

I would take Travis Scott as 100% confirmed for Barcelona 2023

Edited by Whos3000_

1 minute ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Is trap mumble rapping?

I think maybe I just don't like mumble rap.

Guess it's like Marmite, you love it or hate it 

trap has a bit of it yeah. Some stuff is really inventive (Young Thug, Chief Keef) while a lot of it really isn't. I mean, Playboi Carti (who I'd say is definitely inventive but his live show is a little.....yeah) is at Prima Barça, so Primavera seem to be open to it.

About Ryan Adams, sure. I don't think he did anything criminal in the end of it all, if I'm not mistaken? He's a fucking prick (but who hasn't known that about RA for like 2 decades now). I don't know how I'd feel about seeing him now, in the same way I don't know how I'd feel seeing Louis CK now.

Just now, Rico_Pliskin said:

Since we are on this topic.

Listening to Ryan Adams new album as it popped up in Spotify.

Is he allowed to make a come back? 

Caught him on his Prisoner tour. Pretty awesome gig.

Ryan Adams's horrific behaviour was done with intent. Whereas it's hard to believe that Scott deliberately did nothing, all the while knowing that his own fans were being crushed.

I'm no Scott fan in the slightest but bad actions for me are far worse than what looks like dumb inaction.

Just now, xxialac said:

Ryan Adams's horrific behaviour was done with intent. Whereas it's hard to believe that Scott deliberately did nothing, all the while knowing that his own fans were being crushed.

I'm no Scott fan in the slightest but bad actions for me are far worse than what looks like dumb inaction.

This puts it well. 

I used to be quite a Ryan Adams fan but his actions and his apparent disinterest in taking any responsibility have spoilt his music for me

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

This puts it well. 

I used to be quite a Ryan Adams fan but his actions and his apparent disinterest in taking any responsibility have spoilt his music for me

Yeah, feel the same and his me-me-me reaction to his wrongdoings exposed him as a narcissistic twat to boot.