Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

12 hours ago, 1986 said:

I honestly don’t know how a BP film without Chadwick will work. There is no character we’ve seen so far who can take over and make it seem like a good idea. 

I feel like there's scope for a Killmonger redemption arc. We didn't actually see him die in the first film, and these are comic book movies after all. Plus, Michael B Jordan is awesome. 

I finished What If, but as I was lagging behind I went straight from the Dr Strange ep to the last two (Ultron back to back), enjoyed it overall. Anyway, top 10 MCU:

1. Avengers Endgame
  2. The Winter Soldier
  3. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  4. The Avengers
  5. Thor: Ragnarok
  6. WandaVision
  7. Civil War
  8. Avengers: Infinity War
  9. Loki
  10. Guardians of the Galaxy

16 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I finished What If, but as I was lagging behind I went straight from the Dr Strange ep to the last two (Ultron back to back), enjoyed it overall. Anyway, top 10 MCU:

1. Avengers Endgame
  2. The Winter Soldier
  3. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  4. The Avengers
  5. Thor: Ragnarok
  6. WandaVision
  7. Civil War
  8. Avengers: Infinity War
  9. Loki
  10. Guardians of the Galaxy

Endgame gave me one the greatest cinematic moments I've ever experienced in the cinema before that finale. Absolute chills! I actually think Infinity War is the better film though... I'm going to have to think about my top 5 though! 😂

Guardians of the Galaxy is definitely in there. Partly for two reasons, I actually loved the Guardians before the film (I've got every comic since - and including - their 1969 introduction) and also because of things that were going on in my life at the time. I was living in Prague when Guardians was released, and I remember my panic when I thought I'd bought tickets for the Czech version! 

TV series wise it has been Loki, closely followed by WandaVision. I've struggled with What If...? Some great moments but a lot of average ones too! I have the finale to watch still as well!

I'll come back with my top 5 (or 10) soon!

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

Don’t think anybody would’ve guessed that he’d get this role given Warlock is supposed to be some ultimate specimen of a man/being and the likes of Zac Efron and other model-like guys have been touted as a possibility since GOTG2 came out, but he’s a great actor so I’m stoked for him. 

If we're doing top 10s...

10. Avengers: Endgame

9. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

8. Avengers Assemble

7. Doctor Strange

6. Guardians of the Galaxy

5. Avengers: Infinity War

4. Black Panther

3. Thor: The Dark World

2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

1. Iron Man 3

Edited by Jamesthedrake
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jamesthedrake said:

If we're doing top 10s...

10. Avengers: Endgame

9. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

8. Avengers Assemble

7. Doctor Strange

6. Guardians of the Galaxy

5. Avengers: Infinity War

4. Black Panther

3. Thor: The Dark World

2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

1. Iron Man 3

Thor: Dark World at 3 is the sort of hot take I can get behind. I don't agree but I like it.

I also think GOTG2 and IM3 are very under rated and in my personal top list so have an upvote.

1 hour ago, Zacko said:

Love that casting, and he's a fantastic actor. If I remember, he's surprisingly tall so I'm sure the Marvel buff-up will be in full effect and he'll end up an absolute beast. 

Agreed, he can be very funny (Midsommar) or very menacing (Detroit) so he's perfect for a Gunn film.

9 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Thor: Dark World at 3 is the sort of hot take I can get behind. I don't agree but I like it.

I also think GOTG2 and IM3 are very under rated and in my personal top list so have an upvote.

Haha thank you, thought it might prove controversial! It just embraces a lot of the fantastical weirdness that comes through in the comics, which a lot of the other films shy away from. Not every film needs to be a zany quip-fest! 

13 minutes ago, Jamesthedrake said:

Haha thank you, thought it might prove controversial! It just embraces a lot of the fantastical weirdness that comes through in the comics, which a lot of the other films shy away from. Not every film needs to be a zany quip-fest! 

Yeah I remember Thor DW being totally good as well, only seemed to come out later on that everyone thought it was bad and I couldn't remember what the problem was. The villain is a bit generic but thats a lot of marvel films.