Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

40 minutes ago, jump said:

The official Indian Marvel account sent this out (and then deleted it) which shows when the new Blade is out. I'm expecting Mahershala Ali to smash it as Blade!

Wondering if that might be an old date, as I seem to remember reading they'd pushed filming back to 2022.

Super excited though. It's probably the MCU film (bar DS2, and Spider-Man obvs) with the most intrigue for me. 

I think I've seen 3 What If's so far. Pace I'm going I might be done by Christmas.

Elsewhere on D+, Star Wars Visions is bangin, I'm taking my time with that one too for opposite reasons.

Finally saw Shang Chi last night. Think I just agree with everyone else, sticks to the formula but the fights are great and even the big CGI moments looks awesome. Simu Liu and Awkwafina are a great double as well.

Here's my top 10 of the MCU since we're between things now;

10 - The Avengers (Assemble)

9 - Avengers: End Game

8 - Spider-Man Homecoming

7 - Iron Man 3

6 - Thor Ragnorok

5  - Loki

4 - Avengers: Infinity War

3 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier

2 - Guardians Of The Galaxy

1 - Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 2

Yours?

Black Widow free to watch on Disney+ for those who haven’t yet seen it (or who just want a rewatch like me).

Not sure if this is how it’s always gonna be or just because of the pandemic/less people going to the cinema etc, but I’m loving this quick cinema/streaming turnaround for Marvel (and other Disney) stuff.

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Black Widow free to watch on Disney+ for those who haven’t yet seen it (or who just want a rewatch like me).

Not sure if this is how it’s always gonna be or just because of the pandemic/less people going to the cinema etc, but I’m loving this quick cinema/streaming turnaround for Marvel (and other Disney) stuff.

I think Shang Chi is on there in November so the quick turn around seems like something they’re sticking to. 

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Well that was What If… it sucked.

I was really hyped for the whole series and it was just completely lame, though I understand a lot of that is to do with production issues during Covid halving the lengths of episodes.

The complete inconsistency in the Infinity Stones' power just completely breaks the suspension of disbelief for me. Previous episode, Ultron becomes a planet eating, Galactus sized threat to the entire multiverse. Then this episode, he's just seemingly normal Ultron using them for pew-pew lasers. I get that Doctor Strange had used protection spells, but that shouldn't have affected how the Stones could have been used. Just really lame all round, and don't get me started on the shitty Zola-virus arrow which had more technology whattaboutery than the ending of Independence Day. 

8 hours ago, zahidf said:

Well I guess that's one way to ruin your career...

She's been doing this a while sadly. I've been wary of her since she won that newcomer Bafta and got very God is great in her speech. Which with respect to any possible Christians on here, was embarrassing.

She's a very talented actress.

9 hours ago, zahidf said:

Well I guess that's one way to ruin your career...

If rumours are to be believed, she’s taking over the mantle of Black Panther in the second film, so this continuing revelation is uhh… interesting, as it seems she’s locked in for a fair few films now so probably won’t be receiving the same treatment from Disney that Gina Carano got for her batshit views. Sucks to be everybody else on that film set knowing her nonsense is just gonna have to be tolerated for years to come.

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If rumours are to be believed, she’s taking over the mantle of Black Panther in the second film, so this continuing revelation is uhh… interesting, as it seems she’s locked in for a fair few films now so probably won’t be receiving the same treatment from Disney that Gina Carano got for her batshit views. Sucks to be everybody else on that film set knowing her nonsense is just gonna have to be tolerated for years to come.

IM not convinced she's the new Black Panther, would'nt make sense with her character. If shes prone to mouting of about crazy anti vax stuff publicly, i have my doubts...

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

IM not convinced she's the new Black Panther, would'nt make sense with her character. If shes prone to mouting of about crazy anti vax stuff publicly, i have my doubts...

Yeah I wasn’t crazy about the idea before she started talking all this bollocks, but a few usually credible outlets seem to be reporting that she’s got the gig. Also, as far as candidates from the remaining cast, she seems like the most likely option imo, even if her character doesn’t particularly lend itself to taking over the mantle.

Hopefully there’s some misreporting there though and she remains a side character. I’m sure this anti vax stuff has certainly got Disney’s attention either way so would be strange for them to make her the all-out star, although I realise they’re in a bit of a bind what with Chadwick dying and them needing to write a script and get this film done. Gina started her shit before season 3 of The Mandalorian had begun shooting - Letita has started right in the middle of everything and after signing a big ol’’ contract so harder to just fire her and move on. 

Edited by FloorFiller

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I wasn’t crazy about the idea before she started talking all this bollocks, but a few usually credible outlets seem to be reporting that she’s got the gig. Also, as far as candidates from the remaining cast, she seems like the most likely option imo, even if her character doesn’t particularly lend itself to taking over the mantle.

Hopefully there’s some misreporting there though and she remains a side character. I’m sure this anti vax stuff has certainly got Disney’s attention either way so would be strange for them to make her the all-out star, although I realise they’re in a bit of a bind what with Chadwick dying and them needing to write a script and get this film done. Gina started her shit before season 3 of The Mandalorian had begun shooting - Letita has started right in the middle of everything and after signing a big ol’’ contract so harder to just fire her and move on. 

First scene in BP2...

1221152.jpg?b64lines=SSBIQVZFVE8gR08gTk9XLiAKTVkgUExBTkVUIE5FRURTIE1FLg==

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Surely Danai could take over the ‘lead’ role? Personally, I think they’ll go down an ensemble route.

2 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Surely Danai could take over the ‘lead’ role? Personally, I think they’ll go down an ensemble route.

Even if the film is much more of an ensemble affair there still is the question of the in universe mantel of the Black Panther which will presumably fall to one character.