Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

7 hours ago, kalifire said:

Yeah the Strange trailer is something else. I’ve yet to catch up with any of the Marvel movies since Avengers: Endgame. I’ve heard it’s a mixed bag, but the last Spider-Man movie is supposed to be great and DS2 looks phenomenal. 

All the movies and shows have been good, I think it's suffered from feeling a bit lost from a story perspective after the huge climax of Endgame but each show/movie has been enjoyable on it's own. Eternals was the most "meh" of the bunch but still a decent movie. Black Widow, Shang Chi and Spider Man were all great IMO. 

But ho boy that Strange trailer was something else. Spider Man had all the hype and was a tonne of fun, but I have a feeling this will be the best movie since Endgame. 

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

All the movies and shows have been good, I think it's suffered from feeling a bit lost from a story perspective after the huge climax of Endgame but each show/movie has been enjoyable on it's own. Eternals was the most "meh" of the bunch but still a decent movie. Black Widow, Shang Chi and Spider Man were all great IMO. 

But ho boy that Strange trailer was something else. Spider Man had all the hype and was a tonne of fun, but I have a feeling this will be the best movie since Endgame. 

Based on the trailer, if they pull all that off it could be the best MCU film of the lot! Looks incredible.

Also, a friend pointed out that in the poster with the shards of glass, in the bottom right corner there is an interesting shield...

1 minute ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Based on the trailer, if they pull all that off it could be the best MCU film of the lot! Looks incredible.

Also, a friend pointed out that in the poster with the shards of glass, in the bottom right corner there is an interesting shield...

Oh nice, didn't spot that! Looks like a Captain Marvel variant maybe was in the trailer as well; this could be a real ensemble deal.

Really curious to see if there's any true long term ramifications after this movie. Spider Man teased it but largely tied everything up by the end of the movie. Are we actually seeing the full mutant introduction here or is it just variant versions as a one off..? 

There doesn't seem to be a reference as far as I can tell in the trailer, but I feel like Kang might make some sort of appearance, on screen or as a mention, to set up Ant Man. This whole movie feels really well suited to some nod, or even a full blown appearance, from him. At least in the post credits if not the main movie.

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Oh nice, didn't spot that! Looks like a Captain Marvel variant maybe was in the trailer as well; this could be a real ensemble deal.

Really curious to see if there's any true long term ramifications after this movie. Spider Man teased it but largely tied everything up by the end of the movie. Are we actually seeing the full mutant introduction here or is it just variant versions as a one off..? 

There doesn't seem to be a reference as far as I can tell in the trailer, but I feel like Kang might make some sort of appearance, on screen or as a mention, to set up Ant Man. This whole movie feels really well suited to some nod, or even a full blown appearance, from him. At least in the post credits if not the main movie.

Again, my friend (who is so much more clued up than me!) thinks it's the Marvel Illuminati rather than a full blown mutant introduction. Which means we could get Reed or even Ironman?

I don't know about Kang, feels a bit early to pull him into the movies if he's the big bad? Could we see Loki though?

9 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Again, my friend (who is so much more clued up than me!) thinks it's the Marvel Illuminati rather than a full blown mutant introduction. Which means we could get Reed or even Ironman?

Yeah that's my take too, still Illuminati has so many chop and changes to it's line up I don't think it matters if it's not the same as the og members so probably no Iron Man/Robert Downey Jnr.

Originally they were meant to represent the different types of heroes in the Marvel Universe (like Charles in there to represent mutants, Iron Man to represent Avengers etc) so I'd imagine they update that to reflect the different types of Marvel movies heroes so I expect a space member like Nova or Beta Ray Bill to be a member of them now since space is a big thing in the films and everyone is seemingly an Avengers in Marvel so there is no need for that sort of representation.

1 minute ago, jump said:

Yeah that's my take too, still Illuminati has so many chop and changes to it's line up I don't think it matters if it's not the same as the og members so probably no Iron Man/Robert Downey Jnr.

Originally they were meant to represent the different types of heroes in the Marvel Universe (like Charles in there to represent mutants, Iron Man to represent Avengers etc) so I'd imagine they update that to reflect the different types of Marvel movies heroes so I expect a space member like Nova or Beta Ray Bill to be a member of them now since space is a big thing in the films and everyone is seemingly an Avengers in Marvel so there is no need for that sort of representation.

So could this be Strange's 'audition' to be the Avengers representative? 

17 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

I don't know about Kang, feels a bit early to pull him into the movies if he's the big bad? Could we see Loki though?

Does seem to be heading the Illumanti route, which is pretty cool. Never would have thought they'd go down that road. I'm sure Downey isn't in, but can you imagine if he made a cameo 😂 Personally not sure if I'd like them to introduce a version of Reed in this way though..? Maybe Namor is in it too? He was hinted at I think at the end of Endgame?

When this film hits we'll be a year off Ant Man I think? Just hope they build up Kang a bit before that film so we've had some hints and whispers before hand and he doesn't just pop up like any other villain. He doesn't really fit directly in to the story that they seem to be going with in DS2, but as a post-credit mention/appearance it would work I think. 

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Does seem to be heading the Illumanti route, which is pretty cool. Never would have thought they'd go down that road. I'm sure Downey isn't in, but can you imagine if he made a cameo 😂 Personally not sure if I'd like them to introduce a version of Reed in this way though..? Maybe Namor is in it too? He was hinted at I think at the end of Endgame?

When this film hits we'll be a year off Ant Man I think? Just hope they build up Kang a bit before that film so we've had some hints and whispers before hand and he doesn't just pop up like any other villain. He doesn't really fit directly in to the story that they seem to be going with in DS2, but as a post-credit mention/appearance it would work I think. 

It does look like Namor could be in DS2, building to him being in Black Panther 2.

Agreed, a Kang post-credit scene would nicely set up Ant Man.

41 minutes ago, jparx said:

I thought the Black Widow film was one of the worst in the MCU, just a very generic action film, Black Widow was overshadowed in her own movie, the film was about 7 or 8 years too late. Didn’t watch Eternals but by all accounts is utter garbage. As for Shang Chi I got bored and turned it off after 35 minutes. At that point I decided I was definitely getting off the MCU hype train, Endgame really was just that for me, 

I did go to see Spider-man and that has rekindled my interest in the MCU and DS2 looks more of the same.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

There was a rumour a while back that Tom Cruise was in this as a multiverse Iron Man (as he was the original choice back in the 90’s). Think there’s gonna be a few little cameos like that, including possibly John Krasinski as Reed Richards.

Wild.

Really not sure I want any FF introduction through the Illuminati. I feel like there are loads of better ways to introduce them. FF and Doom are what I'm most excited for moving forward and I really hope they handle it well. The Moon Knight easter egg was pretty exciting!

2 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

So could this be Strange's 'audition' to be the Avengers representative? 

Or the other Doc Strange is apart of Illuminati. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

There was a rumour a while back that Tom Cruise was in this as a multiverse Iron Man (as he was the original choice back in the 90’s). Think there’s gonna be a few little cameos like that, including possibly John Krasinski as Reed Richards.

Yeah, there was alot of reshoots for this just to add more cameos.

I've got a mate who's been working on the Marvel films being made in the UK but they aren't a fan of Marvel so everytime I ask something they have no idea but they do see the call sheet of the actors working on set that day so I will ask them if they knowif  anyone big is in it besides the ones announced.

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

That was my take from the trailer for sure. Could Captain Marvel be in there too? And the whole group is the main antagonist?

Yeah, and they are all variants so Captain Marvel or whoever aren't tainted/have blood on their hands when it's time for their next solo film. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jump said:

Yeah, and they are all variants so Captain Marvel or whoever aren't tainted/have blood on their hands when it's time for their next solo film. 

Yeah man. Love it. Some really exciting possibilities here. Feels like No Way Home 2 more than Doctor Strange 2 though 😂Really hope it tees up something for the long term though.

18 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah man. Love it. Some really exciting possibilities here. Feels like No Way Home 2 more than Doctor Strange 2 though 😂Really hope it tees up something for the long term though.

As much as people would hate it I'd love to see Hydra Cap, Maestro/Ultimate Hulk and the militant arsehole Cyclops of recent years be apart of The Illuminati  just so I can watch the 7 year olds in the crowd be told that their heroes are now Nazis, cannibals and fascists.

I know it's not Marvel but the Peacemaker TV show was fantastic from start to finish. Much better than I anticipated and it has been confirmed for Season 2. Finale had some surprises cameos and a potential long term implications for DC films!

James Gunn is supposedly developed another TV show for a Suicide Squad character - I'd wager either Polka Dot Man (despite the end of Suicide Squad) or Ratcatcher 2.

Batman next...

Back to Marvel... the Strange trailer looks brilliant, I can see it having a long run time as there is so much to fit it! They've also confirmed Moon Knight will just start with one episode, unlike previous series' which have started with two, and run for 6 weeks.

3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I know it's not Marvel but the Peacemaker TV show was fantastic from start to finish. Much better than I anticipated and it has been confirmed for Season 2. Finale had some surprises cameos and a potential long term implications for DC films!

James Gunn is supposedly developed another TV show for a Suicide Squad character - I'd wager either Polka Dot Man (despite the end of Suicide Squad) or Ratcatcher 2.

Batman next...

Back to Marvel... the Strange trailer looks brilliant, I can see it having a long run time as there is so much to fit it! They've also confirmed Moon Knight will just start with one episode, unlike previous series' which have started with two, and run for 6 weeks.

Hopefully that means it gets right in to it and isn’t a slow build like the other shows so far. They’ve all been great imo but they have each taken a few episodes to get going. Be nice to start with a big bang for once!

6 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Supposedly a Thor trailer dropping within the next few days after the Lego set leaks etc.

And some casting news around Blade...

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/marvel-blade-adds-aaron-pierre/

Hoping we get a good look at Bale/Gorr in the trailer. Not a big comic reader myself but from what I’ve read and seen of him he seems like he’s gonna be a great villain, and with Bale you know you’re gonna get a great performance. 

On 1/20/2022 at 8:11 AM, jump said:

Anyone watching Peacemaker? I tried the first episode and I can't decide if I like it or not yet, the same with the opening credits, I'm not sure if I hate or love it.

I absolutely loved it.  I have so many laugh out loud moments every episode, but it was a cracking plot and some great action too.

• 2 weeks later...