Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

3 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

I'd love to see Levellers back on the farm.

It's been discussed as they have a small festival over the weekend in Bristol.  Others reckon they're unlikely (something to do with not liking how festivals veered away from the 'free-festival' movement, I'm sure BD is amazing) but it's been ages and Glastonbury could promise to not pay them anything

34 minutes ago, p.pete said:

It's been discussed as they have a small festival over the weekend in Bristol.  Others reckon they're unlikely (something to do with not liking how festivals veered away from the 'free-festival' movement, I'm sure BD is amazing) but it's been ages and Glastonbury could promise to not pay them anything

Yes there's a few acts there that weekend that maybe could pop south for a few hours? 

FB_IMG_1675421524007.jpg

57 minutes ago, p.pete said:

they are really limiting themselves to what festivals they can do in that case.

Does Bristol sounds and Beautiful days have maintain the free festival movement?

15 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

they are really limiting themselves to what festivals they can do in that case.

Does Bristol sounds and Beautiful days have maintain the free festival movement?

I'm sure they've added nuance to their stance over the years to give themselves wiggle room.  Glastonbury has links with EE, BBC and Carlsberg, I'm sure they'd frown on all of them - I need to give BD a go some day as it's local, but we'd all be going there if they were doing something amazing and utterly unique.

42 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Yes there's a few acts there that weekend that maybe could pop south for a few hours? 

FB_IMG_1675421524007.jpg

I feel like James have played relatively recently?  Goldie Lookin Chain or Black Grape could play a novelty slot on Avalon or Croissant Neuf without closing off the field, Gaz Brookfield used to get miffed if he couldn't get a spot, he's probably over it but would be nice to see him get a spot somewhere.

17 minutes ago, p.pete said:

I feel like James have played relatively recently?  Goldie Lookin Chain or Black Grape could play a novelty slot on Avalon or Croissant Neuf without closing off the field, Gaz Brookfield used to get miffed if he couldn't get a spot, he's probably over it but would be nice to see him get a spot somewhere.

James played on Other in 2016