LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

3 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Just noticed that Turnstile have snuck on to the poster. Holy crap this is amazing! The hottest young rock band out there at the moment. Little nuggets keep jumping out of this poster!

I was quietly hoping they’d pop up, seem to be getting bigger and bigger off the back of Glow On, played Kimmel last night! 

Can’t place them on a particular stage/time though, maybe The Park? A late night set in Shangri-La similar to IDLES in 2019 would go down a treat too! 

A frankly incredible line up for me, given I’ll spend every night seeing electronic acts, my must sees are

Paul McCartney
Diana Ross 
The avalanches
Bonobo 
Caribou
Four tet
Little simz
Metronomy
Wet leg

wonder where four tet is going to play, park headliner one night? Or just a silver Hayes set? Pangea?

1 minute ago, MaxPower said:

A frankly incredible line up for me, given I’ll spend every night seeing electronic acts, my must sees are

Paul McCartney
Diana Ross 
The avalanches
Bonobo 
Caribou
Four tet
Little simz
Metronomy
Wet leg

wonder where four tet is going to play, park headliner one night? Or just a silver Hayes set? Pangea?

I can see John Peel headliner, Friday maybe. 

2 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

I was quietly hoping they’d pop up, seem to be getting bigger and bigger off the back of Glow On, played Kimmel last night! 

Can’t place them on a particular stage/time though, maybe The Park? A late night set in Shangri-La similar to IDLES in 2019 would go down a treat too! 

Feels like a John Peel slot to me!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Boomtowner said:

I can't believe Wet Leg have made it on to the initial poster. Always thought that they would be there, but to put them on the first poster. It must be a real pisser for bands that are playing and actually have an album or two to play.

Amazing what a bit of hype can do.

It's deserved IMO, they're very popular right now. I saw them play last year, despite them only having had 2 songs out at the time they absolutely smashed it. They will definitely draw a decent sized crowd at Glasto 

3 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

I would die for that set. As for where they play I think they're 100% John Peel 2-3pm. 

Just now, coma girl said:

It's deserved IMO, they're very popular right now. I saw them play last year, despite them only having had 2 songs out at the time they absolutely smashed it. They will definitely draw a decent sized crowd at Glasto 

I don't mind Chaise Lounge, but when I think of some of the bands that launched albums last year and played sold out shows, that haven't made it on the poster. Just my opinion but it's a bit like the instant celebrity afforded to X Factor winners

16 minutes ago, Boomtowner said:

I can't believe Wet Leg have made it on to the initial poster. Always thought that they would be there, but to put them on the first poster. It must be a real pisser for bands that are playing and actually have an album or two to play.

Amazing what a bit of hype can do.

To be fair, their album is out in a month 

6 minutes ago, Boomtowner said:

I don't mind Chaise Lounge, but when I think of some of the bands that launched albums last year and played sold out shows, that haven't made it on the poster. Just my opinion but it's a bit like the instant celebrity afforded to X Factor winners

I’m so offended 

2 minutes ago, Miyn said:

They're being pushed by their record label a lot. Probably had conversations with the booking team specifically asking them to be put on the poster. 

I think they got on the poster of their own accord. They've been the most hyped new band in the country for like nearly a year now. Would've been one of the first omissions mentioned in the other thread if they weren't on there. 

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

I think they got on the poster of their own accord. They've been the most hyped new band in the country for like nearly a year now. Would've been one of the first omissions mentioned in the other thread if they weren't on there. 

For sure, they’ve also joked on Insta about the industry plant rep they’ve developed. They’re just gonna be huge.

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

This blows my mind. Of the 50 odd acts I'd like to see I'd happily pay to go and see any of them if they were playing locally, so to get them all for £285 is amazing value. The idea there's NOTHING there for people boggles my mind. 

And if that is the case - why not go and do some listening. There's definitely something there you'd like - you just don't know it yet. 

Clearly I'd only be able to actually see a minority of them, because of the logistics but still - it's mind blowing. 

Honestly, I'd say I know at least 30% of the lineup, and there's a fair few I would watch (mostly because the people I go with like them) but there's nothing on there that I'd be on Ticketmaster at 9am for.

As I said earlier, I'm happy for everyone, but I'm really struggling to part with that money right not for this because there's a lot of other places that I could (and if I'm honest, probably should) put that money right now. I'm going to wait until Monday to make my final decision

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

Yup and I imagine their positioning come next years festival will look great, early JP. 

16 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I can see John Peel headliner, Friday maybe. 

Oh spicy I love that. Four Tet’s Lost Village 2021 set is insanely good, best set I’ve ever listened to not having been there. 

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/7THKRrpQtAN7ZTzW6 - for the uninitiated 

Edited by MaxPower

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

Yeah, I guess. But they've been pushed by their record label a lot to get where they are. Feels a bit of forced hype to me, but I do think they're good.