LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

12 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Loads of great stuff, and I'm flicking through the artists I don't know much about, and adding to me list that I might see.

My wife says the facebook groups are a dumpster of people moaning.  Try actually listening to the bands first?  So many genres represented on that line up, very happy!

Doesn't this always happen though... and its always brilliant.....

38 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Delighted for @Matt42 and all those praying for Macca and Kendrick.  Can totally get they are great bookings, but just not inspiring for me at all - feeling very underwhelmed.

Counted about 18 acts I will see so not bad really, but for your first ever Glastonbury you kinda want to have a Pyramid headliner you are into at least one night, right?  And was also hoping for an Other headliner one night as well to mix it up.  It was gonna be Taylor on the Sunday and Dua on the Saturday and free to explore on the Friday.  Now both of them have definitely dabbed down it just feels a bit shit.  No interest in Kendrick, Macca or Billie whatsoever, and now praying that either Sam Fender or Wolf Alice get an Other Headliner slot as Foals and PSB are just okay.  Definitely a good undercard, but poor at the top for me.

My 17 year old daughter also doesn't dig it - she just messaged me with "ITS SO BADDDDDDD"

Everyone keeps saying Glasto is about so much more than the line-up - I really hope that is true.

That might mean it’s good though. You just don’t know with 17 year olds these days!

36 minutes ago, K2SO said:

For me, this is one of the worst lineups I've ever seen. If it was a lineup literally anywhere else, I wouldn't pay to go there

Edit: Happy for those that do like it though. I just do not like it.

It’s the best lineup I’ve seen for this year. It’s not ‘traditional’ though so I can see why it might not be for everybody.

23 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Yeah I totally get that, but after years of watching some cracking Pyramid headliner sets on TV and wishing I was there, and then finally getting tickets for the first time you sort of think the odds of getting at least one you like are pretty good.

Every other Glasto for the last 10 years there has been at least one if not 2 I would have been right into, and then the year I get to go has none.  After waiting so long for the Poster drop it just feels a bit disappointing for me.

I get people like what they like, but it literally doesn't come much bigger than someone like Macca. The heritage acts are incredibly special and they are so few these days really

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

This is my hope, either that or a slot on the Other.

With the Doja talk, she sub headlining Coachella. This is a massive get for Glastonbury, as much as we laughed at Matt for going on about it, my main thing of her not being there was her size vs the audience of Glastonbury. But they got her. 

Because the “Glastonbury doesn’t pay so these acts don’t come” just isn’t true anymore.

We really really need to park that thinking and leave it in the 00s / early 10s.

Things have changed.

Honestly couldn’t care less about the reactions to the poster (outside of you lovely lot of course). Every year the festival has fucked it, booked a load of shite no one has heard of, then every year it’s amazing and every year it’s harder to get tickets. I hope Emily has thick skin about it because it’s really just worth laughing at all those posts. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Most of the Glasto Chat lot aren’t gonna be happy until the festival rebooks the 2007/08 lineups again year in year out. 

Yup a bunch of people saying Reading is already better, when there's a bunch who are playing both festivals but much smaller slots at Glastonbury. Most of them wont be happy unless its Arctic Monkeys every year. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

It’s the best lineup I’ve seen for this year. It’s not ‘traditional’ though so I can see why it might not be for everybody.

There's nothing on there really that I'd pay to see outside of the festival. That ticket money is more valuable to me now that it ever has been before so my ticket may regretfully go back in the pot. I'm going to finish crying to myself in a little while and give myself the weekend to think about it and make my decision on Monday.

It feels extra devastating that I'm even considering not going after such a long wait.

Just now, chazwwe said:

Yup a bunch of people saying Reading is already better, when there's a bunch who are playing both festivals but much smaller slots at Glastonbury. Most of them wont be happy unless its Arctic Monkeys every year. 

Il just upvote you because when I say it I get crucified.

Emily knows what she’s doing. Festivals that haven’t changed their booking policy have all fallen off the map. Leader of a new regime!

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Honestly couldn’t care less about the reactions to the poster (outside of you lovely lot of course). Every year the festival has fucked it, booked a load of shite no one has heard of, then every year it’s amazing and every year it’s harder to get tickets. I hope Emily has thick skin about it because it’s really just worth laughing at all those posts. 

I can't even be assed to look at Glasto Chat today.  It will be full of shit.

Not posted here in years and been lurking for a while, so hopefully this post comes out right. Lineup isn't massively hitting me like the 50th Anniversary did, gutted Gilberto Gil isn't present so far, BUT... this being my second glasto I can take my time a bit more to enjoy the site and very much looking forward to it.

SEE YOU SOON!!!

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

So, with Doja being there and Kendrick, chances of SZA doing a double guest appearance?

If this happened and I don't get resale for my other half I'm worried she'd never speak to me again 

Wasn't doja meant to be wireless exclusive 

Great lineup. The usual blokey moaning is going on. I *am* a middle aged bloke and the only thing I really don't like on there is Noel Gallagher. Two botched headline sets with Oasis (even Emily said the second set was bad) and his pronouncement that hip hop doesn't belong at Glastonbury. So he can get in the bin but otherwise, bring it on. 

Just now, Suprefan said:

And being able to see Olivia Rodrigo for less than the cost of a secondary market ticket on the u.s tour is a steal

Yeah that’s gonna be a must see set than we’ll look back on years later.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I can't even be assed to look at Glasto Chat today.  It will be full of shit.

It probably FEELS like the reaction is more negative since everyone with tickets is busy digesting the lineup and making playlists…