LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

7 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

Unconfirmed. She’s got another gig in France on Sunday so Friday most likely but still could be Saturday. I’m hoping for Friday as would be a shame to miss Paul.

I'm hoping Saturday so I don't get a Bicep > Paul Macca clash!

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this is the right thread for this...but what's the likelihood of acts like Slowdive, Pavement and in general, Primavera acts, turning up? Wasn't sure if Slowdive would be big enough to get first poster but hoping I'll get to catch them if announced in the next announcements.

8 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Pavement and Slowdive would definitely be big enough to merit the first announcement. Pavement are a JP headliner or top 3 Other legacy act, and Slowdive would likely top Park.

Not to say they're 100% out, there's more to come. But they're moving the needle for a poster and so, realistically, probably aren't there.

As a 20 something I wasn't sure how popular they were/are anymore but thanks for the responce. For myself and my friends who hold them in high regard we've got our fingers crossed.

Lots of solid acts across the board though and seen comments about Aphex Twin at Arcadia so if that comes to light I'll be one very happy chap, hoping for Phoebe on the Friday too. 

20 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Pavement and Slowdive would definitely be big enough to merit the first announcement. Pavement are a JP headliner or top 3 Other legacy act, and Slowdive would likely top Park.

Not to say they're 100% out, there's more to come. But they're moving the needle for a poster and so, realistically, probably aren't there.

The announced acts would only just about provide enough coverage for Pyramid, other, West Holts and John Peel stages. So there's still quite a lot more to come. 

I think Slowdive are small enough to be left off. I don't think they'd be booked though, they didn't get the call when they were touring loads around the 2017 album. 

I long for the day we get Beach House, Slowdive and Ride all posting up for an evening of staring at the mud up on the Park. 

5 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I think Slowdive are small enough to be left off. I don't think they'd be booked though, they didn't get the call when they were touring loads around the 2017 album. 

I long for the day we get Beach House, Slowdive and Ride all posting up for an evening of staring at the mud up on the Park. 

Be absolutely amazing if unlikely if all 3 of those acts turned up at Worthy Farm, I've seen slowdive but not the other 2 acts.. 

14 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

It’s called shoegaze cos of heavy use of guitar pedals, not cos that’s what you do with the music.

Have you been going to gigs and staring down at your feet this whole time?

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

It’s called shoegaze cos of heavy use of guitar pedals, not cos that’s what you do with the music.

Have you been going to gigs and staring down at your feet this whole time?

You think someone with 15k efestivals posts is going to actively show their face to a crowd? 

8 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

You think someone with 15k efestivals posts is going to actively show their face to a crowd? 

I have to go full Elephant Man.

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Can't look at Mark Gardener anyway or i'd be laughing too much at his stupid hat 

His hat does make the whole group look like a 90's boy band.

14 minutes ago, northernringo said:

When do the timings/stage breakdowns normally come out?

There's different stage announcements between now and end of May. Biggest ones that announce are West Holts and Park. Full schedule usually comes out end of May.

• Upvote 1