LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

The whole 'shit line up, it was SO much better x amount of years ago' lark is so old now. Of course you look back on old lineups fondly, it's a mix of nostalgia and good memories. There's so many good acts announced this year, I think each headliner has a chance to absolutely smash it out the park - regardless what you think of them individually. Not to mention the plenty of other acts announced today, it's a VERY strong line up in my eyes - people will look back on this in 10 years and be saying the same thing a lot of people are now.

Just now, jparx said:

Yeah that’s gonna be a must see set than we’ll look back on years later.

Olivia really setting herself up as a future headliner here imo. Playing glasto on her first album so the festival is front of mind if her second album is just as gigantic.

If her second era really really blows up I think Glasto have locked in another future headliner there.

2 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

If this happened and I don't get resale for my other half I'm worried she'd never speak to me again 

Wasn't doja meant to be wireless exclusive 

Its been removed so maybe they had mislabeled her exclusivity. Unless you check on wayback machine to see if she was tagged.

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yeah, the twitter comments under the poster are a depressing read. Some people literally want time to stand still just for them and relive the period of music they like best over and over again.

As if they haven’t bagged Macca, Diana and Robert plant - the whole “no heritage bookings” argument is just complete rubbish by people scoffing member berries.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Olivia really setting herself up as a future headliner here imo. Playing glasto on her first album so the festival is front of mind if her second album is just as gigantic.

If her second era really really blows up I think Glasto have locked in another future headliner there.

Really looking forward to O Rod. That album really is a banger, definitely my guilty pleasure of the festival.  I agree that if Olivia nails this performance it could really launch her career the side of the pond.

As if they haven’t bagged Macca, Diana and Robert plant - the whole “no heritage bookings” argument is just complete rubbish by people scoffing member berries.

There is a comment from someone criticising Macca saying it’s hardly a finger on the pulse booking, then someone points out Kendrick and Billie. Such bizarre people.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Don't even put much value in people like this. Same people who spout the 'Music was so much better back in my day, they used actual instruments etc.' shite. 

Edited by SpencerF

7 minutes ago, SpencerF said:

The whole 'shit line up, it was SO much better x amount of years ago' lark is so old now. Of course you look back on old lineups fondly, it's a mix of nostalgia and good memories. There's so many good acts announced this year, I think each headliner has a chance to absolutely smash it out the park - regardless what you think of them individually. Not to mention the plenty of other acts announced today, it's a VERY strong line up in my eyes - people will look back on this in 10 years and be saying the same thing a lot of people are now.

Its more to do with the fact big acts now were small back then. Mostly know it with R&L but you'd have like Muse 3rd down the 5th stage or something and people will say its stacked - stacked with bands with 1 album at the time, yeah.

---

32 artists i'd like to see currently, pretty happy with that

Just now, Hotchilidog said:

Really looking forward to O Rod. That album really is a banger, definitely my guilty pleasure of the festival.  I agree that if Olivia nails this performance it could really launch her career the side of the pond.

I think they’ve probably learnt with billie that getting them when they are a bit undercooked can pay off in the future if the act really blows up. It might help them in getting them to choose Glastonbury * and their low fees that no one wants to accept * to come back and headline. 

• Like 1

It's a big win for me, Jeff. 

McCartney, Billie, Amyl and the Sniffers, Courtney Barnett, Crowded House, Foals, First Aid Kit, Fontaines, Idles, Inhaler, Jarvis, Pet Shop Boys, Phoebe Bridgers, Sam Fender, Skunk Anansie, Supergrass, Wolf Alice...and I've missed loads off. An absolute CORKER.

I think they’ve probably learnt with billie that getting them when they are a bit undercooked can pay off in the future if the act really blows up. It might help them in getting them to choose Glastonbury * and their low fees that no one wants to accept * to come back and headline. 

This is such a weird one because shes hardly undercooked - just only has one album. I don't think the people would be saying the same if it was AM with one album in her position for instance. Her album is massive - two songs with over 1 billion streams is impressive and she's also already a well known actor.

Billie Eillish in 2019 was arguably a lot more undercooked i'd say - and we still have 3 months+ until the festival

Anyone else wish it was ordered in rough order of how high on stages/ popularity? 

It's not as flattering for the casual member of public. There are some absolutely huge names there that you have to read the whole list to get to. 

Doesn't bother me but it's not such a huge impact as it should be. 

16 minutes ago, SpencerF said:

Wireless has her as a European festival exclusive, no? That being said I'd lose my mind if she did turn up.

I was more thinking of jsut a pop up for the 2 songs she does with Kendrick/Dua.

Unsure if that kills the exclusive agreement. 

Just now, gfa said:

This is such a weird one because shes hardly undercooked - just only has one album. I don't think the people would be saying the same if it was AM with one album in her position for instance. Her album is massive - two songs with over 1 billion streams is impressive and she's also already a well known actor.

Billie Eillish in 2019 was arguably a lot more undercooked i'd say - and we still have 3 months+ until the festival

I’d say undercooked in the sense that they’ve had a huge debut but their debut alone isn’t enough to start pulling the mega mega mega slots. But enough to give them one of the more prominent slots of the weekend. Give them a platform to play a big crowd where they can show themselves. 

If Glastonbury waits until they are more established they could miss them. As then they will be used to big slots across the board and don’t feel that attachment to the festival.

1 minute ago, danbailey80 said:

Anyone else wish it was ordered in rough order of how high on stages/ popularity? 

It's not as flattering for the casual member of public. There are some absolutely huge names there that you have to read the whole list to get to. 

Doesn't bother me but it's not such a huge impact as it should be. 

I love it. Every time I read through it, something else pops out to me.  Just when you think it's done, it hits you with more excitement.

• Upvote 1