Hurt/Heal 2021 - Ultimate Headliners Edition!

Hugh Jass

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I no longer consider myself eligible to vote as I've not been at any of these headlining sets. Apart from the screen-less snoozefest that was the first fifteen minutes of Radiohead in 2017

Blur-at-Glastonbury-2009--008.jpg

Just imagine that you have one trip in a time travel machine, which of the remainder would you choose to see?

3 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Just imagine that you have one trip in a time travel machine, which of the remainder would you choose to see?

Bowie is often talked about as the greatest but there was something that looked particularly joyful about that Stevie Wonder set. I'll go for that, I think. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Daydreaming. Still think it takes cojones the size of Dave Grohl's nostrills to start a Glasto headline set with that one. For me the Daydreaming - Lucky two punch hit me harder than Everlong and Satisfaction combined. 

And that 9-song-knockout-punch at the end. (Street Spirit - No Surprises - Nude - 2+2=5 - Paranoid Android - Fake Plastic Trees - Lotus Flower - Creep - Karma Police)

To think 2017 was their 'lesser' set out of the 3 big ones. God I love this band. 

Ahhh, ignore me, I'm just sulking cos my favourite headliner was knocked out! You're absolutely right about starting with a more esoteric number, it takes a brave act to do something like that. Probably a set for the die-hards with a reward for the casuals with the patience to stick with it. Don't get me wrong, absolutely incredible band. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Daydreaming. Still think it takes cojones the size of Dave Grohl's nostrills to start a Glasto headline set with that one. For me the Daydreaming - Lucky two punch hit me harder than Everlong and Satisfaction combined. 

And that 9-song-knockout-punch at the end. (Street Spirit - No Surprises - Nude - 2+2=5 - Paranoid Android - Fake Plastic Trees - Lotus Flower - Creep - Karma Police)

To think 2017 was their 'lesser' set out of the 3 big ones. God I love this band. 

It was possibly the most boring 2 hours in my years at Glastonbury. This year should have been the 40th anniversary of my first time.

and from the large gaps in the crowd by halfway through the set (once you got behind the barrier) I wasn’t the only one who thought like that.

only my opinion

4 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

It was possibly the most boring 2 hours in my years at Glastonbury. This year should have been the 40th anniversary of my first time.

and from the large gaps in the crowd by halfway through the set (once you got behind the barrier) I wasn’t the only one who thought like that.

only my opinion

Intrigued as to why if you were so bored you stuck around for two hours when there's so much else on offer.

43 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Bowie is often talked about as the greatest but there was something that looked particularly joyful about that Stevie Wonder set. I'll go for that, I think. 

It was bloody marvellous! R.E.M are my favourite band, and I miss them loads, but that Stevie set was just brilliant. The swift key change to bring Michael back in tune as he was singing pretty much sums up what a tight performance it was. Saw him again at Outside Lands a few years later, set list was actually even stronger, but didn’t come close to seeing him on the Pyramid. 

37 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

only my opinion

I wasn't there that year but from my sofa I bloody loved the set from start to finish. Love that opinions can be so varied. 

Didn't top their '97 set for me though.

37 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

only my opinion

I just don't get this. Radiohead played a set of Radiohead music in the style of Radiohead. If you're not into Radiohead then why on earth did you not only turn up, but stay?

You're not new at this - I kind of understand it for people who have only been 2 or 3 times and feel like they need to see the headliners to get their money's worth, but regulars who have been going since the 80s? Surely you know better than to hang round a headliner you're not into?

I'm not surprised most people didn't like them, I'm surprised that so many people thought they might.

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

Intrigued as to why if you were so bored you stuck around for two hours when there's so much else on offer.

Yeah fair question. I suppose I was waiting for it to get better, for there to be some energy. 
I’ve seen them before on the same stage and quite enjoyed it. Not this time. 

58 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I just don't get this. Radiohead played a set of Radiohead music in the style of Radiohead. If you're not into Radiohead then why on earth did you not only turn up, but stay?

You're not new at this - I kind of understand it for people who have only been 2 or 3 times and feel like they need to see the headliners to get their money's worth, but regulars who have been going since the 80s? Surely you know better than to hang round a headliner you're not into?

I'm not surprised most people didn't like them, I'm surprised that so many people thought they might.

See above comment. It’s Radiohead. Seen them before. Was with people who wanted to see them. They didn’t get better. Sorry if that’s a problem.