Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

Yeah I reckon they'll have both. These days Franz Ferdinand are a much bigger booking than Mondays (and will probably pull a bigger crowd for the opener), so it can be a perfect 1-2 punch. Similar to Beady Eye and The Hives, except pretend Beady Eye were good.

edit: Kaiser Chiefs and Blondie from 2014 is a much better example, which probably says more about Beady Eye than anything

Edited by wro_lap

3 hours ago, Homer said:

Is there any info on any the other (as opposed to Other) headliners? JP, Park, West Holts?

Am a bit behind as only got a ticket yesterday.

Think I've seen Little Simz and Bicep touted for WH. Supergrass look a good fit for JP to me.

Here are the general rumours going around:

WH:

Friday: Four Tet/Khruangbin/Little Simz/Leon Bridges

Saturday: Leon Bridges/Little Simz

Sunday: Bicep

JP:

Friday: Primal Scream/Four Tet/Glass Animals

Saturday: Primal Scream/Charli XCX/Glass Animals

Sunday: Primal Scream/Charli XCX/Glass Animals

Park: 

Friday: Khruangbin/Phoebe Bridgers/Fontaines D.C./Caribou/Four Tet/Big Thief

Saturday: Phoebe Bridgers/Fontaines D.C/Caribou/Big Thief

Sunday: Fontaines D.C/Caribou/Big Thief

The only definites seem to be that Little Simz is headlining West Holts one day and Bicep are headlining West Holts on Sunday. People seem to be pretty sure Primal Scream and Charli XCX are 2 of the John Peel headliners and it seems the Park headliners could be anyone.

We also have info that Bonobo is subbing West Holts on Friday and Arlo Parks is subbing the Park either Friday or Sunday.

Edited by Acid_Haze
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

A prediction like this by @Mattymooz would break my heart: https://clashfinder.com/s/glastoprediction2022/

Can't be waiting three years only to have Pa Salieu, Sigrid, Turnstile, Diana Ross, Snail Mail, Fontaines, Yves Tumor, Snarky Puppy and Squid all crunched within the same 4hrs.

Herbie vs Emma-Jean, Pheebs vs Polachek and O-Rod vs Seun Kuti vs PinkP bad enough as it is. Not right. Not right at all.

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 18.45.28.png

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 18.45.33.png

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 18.45.37.png

There are some horrible clashes in there! 

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Fatboy Slim vs Happy Mondays doing competing opening sets would break the hearts of 50,000 baggy/big beat blokes. Weekend ruined by Friday lunchtime, cargo shorts in the bin. Pure sadism.

Melons would be well and truly twisted.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Here are the general rumours going around:

WH:

Friday: Four Tet/Khruangbin/Little Simz/Leon Bridges

Saturday: Leon Bridges/Little Simz

Sunday: Bicep

JP:

Friday: Primal Scream/Four Tet/Glass Animals

Saturday: Primal Scream/Charli XCX/Glass Animals

Sunday: Primal Scream/Charli XCX/Glass Animals

Park: 

Friday: Khruangbin/Phoebe Bridgers/Fontaines D.C./Caribou/Four Tet/Big Thief

Saturday: Phoebe Bridgers/Fontaines D.C/Caribou/Big Thief

Sunday: Fontaines D.C/Caribou/Big Thief

The only definites seem to be that Little Simz is headlining West Holts one day and Bicep are headlining West Holts on Sunday. People seem to be pretty sure Primal Scream and Charli XCX are 2 of the John Peel headliners and it seems the Park headliners could be anyone.

We also have info that Bonobo is subbing West Holts on Friday and Arlo Parks is subbing the Park either Friday or Sunday.

Pretty much sums it all up.

Not rumours or been predicted that much but I’d also throw in Mitski, St. Vincent, First Aid Kit and maybe Roísín Murphy as potential Park headliners.

And IDLES for JP but I think they’ll be on Other as most others seem to think.

As you say, Park headliners look very open.

There’s also still the likes of Editors and Manics who are around and could be back; just left off the first poster. We already have some acts (Suzanne Vega, maybe some others) that we’ve heard are still playing but been dabbed down from the initial announcement.

8 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Pretty much sums it all up.

Not rumours or been predicted that much but I’d also throw in Mitski, St. Vincent, First Aid Kit and maybe Roísín Murphy as potential Park headliners.

And IDLES for JP but I think they’ll be on Other as most others seem to think.

As you say, Park headliners look very open.

There’s also still the likes of Editors and Manics who are around and could be back; just left off the first poster. We already have some acts (Suzanne Vega, maybe some others) that we’ve heard are still playing but been dabbed down from the initial announcement.

Yeah I was thinking the other day that with their other dates, I wouldn’t be hugely surprised if Editors end up being our missing JP headliner. Not an exciting booking by any means which is why they could be left off the first poster but there’s always a few of them. 

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I was thinking the other day that with their other dates, I wouldn’t be hugely surprised if Editors end up being our missing JP headliner. Not an exciting booking by any means which is why they could be left off the first poster but there’s always a few of them. 

I’d like there to be something on during Macca that I know I’ll enjoy if I end up finding him boring. Little Simz on WH would be perfect, Charli on JP would be fine, but Editors would work, too.

In fact I’d potentially see them on Friday as well if neither Simz nor Phoebe headline a stage that day. Would be a bit of a toss us between them and Foals. Their greatest hits tour setlists look great but I wonder if it’ll be the same kind of thing this Summer. And I doubt we’d get stuff like You Are Fading in an hour long festival set.

Other: Foals, ?, PSB

West Holts: Leon Bridges, Little Simz, Bicep

John Peel: Four Tet, Charli XCX, Primal Scream

Park, Khruangbin, Phoebe, Big Thief

That Other one is really up for grabs. If Doja's on Pyramid, I'd guess it's between Lorde and MTS.

Think Glass Animals might sub Other, closing on Heat Waves having the Uptown Funk effect from 2015

3 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Fatboy Slim vs Happy Mondays doing competing opening sets would break the hearts of 50,000 baggy/big beat blokes. Weekend ruined by Friday lunchtime, cargo shorts in the bin. Pure sadism.

would actually hate this one - not a chance this clash happens imo

31 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Surely they're pretty similar size to IDLES in 2019 who drew a massive crowd midday but weren't near headlining. 

Fair point.

30 minutes ago, Green Croc said:

It absolutely is!

I do love Foals but have seen them a fair few times so I'm finding it hard to get genuinely excited for their headline slot sadly, even though I know it will be great

I was deciding between Foals and Billie. The former disappointed last Glasto I saw em, but feel this could be BIG. Billie could be fun too.

20 minutes ago, Divein said:

Isn’t most of the confirmed line up based off last years playlist? Although I think they’ll sub the Park this confirms arnt fully concrete. 

Your point may be very valid but a Fontaines sub Park followed by Foals other would DO ME FINE. Fancy that @Green Croc?

7 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Surely they're pretty similar size to IDLES in 2019 who drew a massive crowd midday but weren't near headlining. 

Yeah I agree. Idles weren’t midday (tho i saw them, and I could have sworn the sun was still fully out…) but were 3rd down, and that’s where I’d see Fontaines too. Third down or so.